Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 4,076 total)
  • Rugby Thread 2017/18.
  • dantsw13

I think he gave up planning a team around Manu a long while back.

anagallis_arvensis

Cant blame Biggar, Ospreys are going down the pan fast.

mindmap3
    Free Member

But the Saints are terrible at the mo! Guess the money is talking.

As for Manu, I’m sure that his international career is almost done. He can’t seem to string any length of rugby together without falling apart. Not only that but centre isn’t really a problem position for us anymore because there are options.

tjagain

Times right for Biggar to move on. Davies is ready to be a starter which will develop him for wales, Bigger might improve playing for a different team as many players do. The club save his wages, he can go and top up his retirement fund. Makes sense for the club, the player and Wales.

anagallis_arvensis

Makes sense for the club, the player and Wales.

Majes sense for the player but not the others. Losing your best players at their peak never helps a side.
    Davies doesnt look good enough to me, dont understand how Wales have him above Patchel.

anagallis_arvensis

and I thought bbc wales was bad…but alba dear god!!

flanagaj
    Free Member

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. After a great opening weekend to the premiership, I just wasted 80 mins of my life watching Sale Vs Newcastle!

tallie
    Free Member

Literally dozed off about 10 minutes from the end – not sure how I lasted that long!

duckman

This game isn’t following the script…

WillH

You watching the ABs duckman? I’m watching on live-record, about 20 mins behind real time… Not a high quality game but riveting stuff so far.

duckman

Dunno, I watched the Sale game first so it is a feast of rugby blessed by the almighty in my opinion.

tallie
    Free Member

duckman – Member
    Dunno, I watched the Sale game first so it is a feast of rugby blessed by the almighty in my opinion

Duckers – watching all of the Sale / Newcastle game when you have the option to fast forward shows either a purist devotion to the game or extreme masochistic tendencies; which is it?

tjagain

Edinburgh – played 2 won 2! Cockerill seems to have had an impact already – – last season we would have lost this game from being only 2 pts up with 20 to go and momentum all the dragons way but instead we get the bonus point. Kinghorn looking really impressive again like last week. I think he will play for Scotland this year. Jamie Ritchie a good game from 6. Hoyland as well
    More young good scots coming thru which is good to see.

The doom o meter has gone back to ” we are world beaters”

anagallis_arvensis

Dragons were unlucky that try was ruled out by the hometown video refs intervention. Also unlucky that the 9 and 12 got broken early the Dragons back line looked good until that happend. Gav was not very agile in defence at 12!!

mindmap3
    Free Member

Sale Falcons game was terrible last night.

Bath looking pretty good today. Watson looking assured and dangerous at fullback. They’re putting an awful lot of pressure on Sarries so far who look pretty flat after the master class they gave the Saints last week.

anagallis_arvensis

Wait till Scott Andrews comes on to destroy the Bath scrum

mindmap3
    Free Member

Bath scrum is on top despite injuries. They’re big names are really playing well and Britts has just absolutely lost it after being done for a cheap penalty (scrum half throwing the ball into him at the base of a ruck). Sarries niled and they’re yet to fire a shot. Big contrast to last week.

mindmap3
    Free Member

Bath hanging on for dear life at the moment; they look knackered and JJ and Charteris have gone off injured.

Sarries look a different team with Mako and Farrell on the pitch.

mindmap3
    Free Member

Stunning win by Bath and denied Sarries a losing bonus point with a last grasp interception try by Roko. Finished with 14 men too after Watson went off injured.

Burns looked good too; kicked his points and nailed Farrell too. Bath got the better deal out of the FH swap based on the start of the season.

IdleJon

Davies doesnt look good enough to me, dont understand how Wales have him above Patchel.

So far he’s given 17 points to Glasgow. The solution? Bring Hook on for Allen. Dear god, it’s enough to make me pray!

anagallis_arvensis

So far he’s given 17 points to Glasgow

To be fair Glasgow are a good side well coached, Ospreys are…..not either

Stoner
    Free Member

That Leicester player took a kip there and he’s looking out of it. TMO should have him off for HIA.

mindmap3
    Free Member

Nuts that he wasn’t taken off. So much for the new rules around HIA’s…

Saints look well up for it today and seem to have worked on their handling in the last week.

tallie
    Free Member

Agree – I thought the med team were supposed to review the video footage if there was any hint of a head injury?

Good win for Bath – Roko was clearly saving himself for the final 3 min…

Bath got the better deal out of the FH swap based on the start of the season.

Leicester looking really poor in both matches so far although a little harsh to blame Ford given his forwards got badly beaten in both games…

Nice individual try from May at the end of the Saints / Leicester game probably the only consolation for Leicester?

wrecker
    Free Member

Bath got the better deal out of the FH swap based on the start of the season.

By a long long way. Harry Mallinder has been taking stick for Saints fans as “not a 10” (to be fair he probably won’t be) but he was by far the best 10 on the pitch today. Normal Ford stuff; no forward dominance = falls to pieces. Look at how bath are performing.

mindmap3
    Free Member

Leicester looking really poor in both matches so far although a little harsh to blame Ford given his forwards got badly beaten in both games…

Nice individual try from May at the end of the Saints / Leicester game probably the only consolation for Leicester?

His place kicking has been poor for Tigers. He missed a couple of sitters today and it’s gonna big to cost them, even if that’s a LBP. Tigers line out was pretty woeful today. The pack was very much second best today.

Tigers were well beaten today; Lawes was very very good today, tacked well and carried real well. Hartley had his best club game for a while too. Can Saints back it up next week?

anagallis_arvensis

Bit damp in Zebreland tonight!

duckman

Two good games yesterday,agree about the hia; he was sparked!

anagallis_arvensis

Says a lot that one of our residents Scots is watching Aviva and not the 10 people and two dogs who turned up to see Edinburgh v Dregs or Glasgow v Arspreys.

tjagain

I just don’t get it why you are so down on the pro 14! Sure the ap is better than it used to be and I do watch some games in it but I far prefer the pro 14

Glasgow get 5-7000 at games and sell out most games, edinburgh 3000+

anagallis_arvensis

Well I watched 2 pro14 games this weekend, how many did Duckman watch? Not sure why your having a go at me!!

IdleJon

Well I watched 2 pro14 games this weekend, how many did Duckman watch? Not sure why your having a go at me!!

It’s easy to have a go at you because you comment on absolutely everything, normally in the negative and often with a little dig thrown in. (At least that’s how it reads.)

tjagain

Yup. It may not be your intent but its how it appears.

‘Tis an odd thing – the rugby forums I am on is full of welsh complaining about everything pro 14 whereas the other nationalities posters moan much less.

I don’t know if its a symptom of the seriousness which rugby is followed in Wales or what but welsh fans seem to hve a much more negative view of the pro 14 than other nations – even English fans

duckman

I watched the Edinburgh game AA; why am I involved in your ongoing spat with TJ?

tjagain

I am disappointed in the showing of the SA teams so far thats for sure.

anagallis_arvensis

I watched the Edinburgh game AA

Henson was shit at 12!! Was looking good at 10 early on. Quite a tasty backline Dragons have if everyones fit. Shame about the pack.

the rugby forums I am on is full of welsh complaining about everything pro 14

WTF has that to do with me?
    Anyway the Celtic league, Pr12 and now the Pro14 are just going through a slow and extended death wriggle. Without a British league or Euro league the pro game in Wales below international level will soon be dead it cannot compete with the Aviva or the French league.

tjagain

I see it very differently – the pro 14 is getting better every year with bigger crowds and more money. Its the only game in town for the nations involved with it. I don’t know what you think would be better for the welsh teams. they are never going to join the ap. there will never be a british league

The point about the other forum is there seems to ba a very negative view from welsh fans that I don’t understand – you do it on here, its replicated other places.. You are not anything like as bad as the guys on the rugby forum tho.

anagallis_arvensis

the rugby forums I am on is full of welsh complaining about everything pro 14

I expect thats true but it doesnt make the Pr14 any good.

anagallis_arvensis

The Edinburgh and Glasgow attendances are awful. Away games with Edinburgh are dismal afairs. Glasgow get about the same as Llanelli which given the local population densities is pretty poor. The Welsh gain very little from playing the Scots.

tjagain

Glasgow sell out their ground most games. Edinburgh crowds are poor – a reflection on the utter bilge rugby they have been playing for the last few years. Glasgow was always a football city – their attendances have built from zero. I went to club games / european games pre the pro 12 / 14 and then crowds were a few hundred. There was 40 000 for some edinburgh europe games a few years ago. Moving to Myreside as Edinburgh have done at least creates some atmosphere.

Where / who else would the welsh play? An 8 team welsh league?

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 4,076 total)

The topic ‘Rugby Thread 2017/18.’ is closed to new replies.