Viewing 40 posts - 361 through 400 (of 415 total)
  • Rugby – Heineken cup
  • anagallis_arvensis

barnes obviously lost his yellow cards

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Cracking match and I don’t think the ref got any major decisons wrong.

anagallis_arvensis

He didnt allow a sode dominant in the scrum to take advantage and he failed to bin any irisher despite a string of cynical offences. Clermont played all the rugby and lost. Fair play to Leinster well done but they are horrible to watch.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Well done to Ulster and Leinster for making it an all-Irish final. The two outstanding sides during the pool stages have made it through.

Who to shout for now…?

Fair play to Leinster well done but they are horrible to watch.

Comedy gold, that.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Clermont played all the rugby and lost.

Really? Hardly made a break and didn’t look threatening to me

Hmmmm – stats would seem to show they had more of the ball and did more with it except make breaks
    http://www.espnscrum.com/heineken-cup-2011-12/rugby/match/144349.html

Pigface
    Free Member

Welcome back dd are you going to hang about. Great for Irish rugby but couldn’t care less who wins 😆

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Welcome back dd are you going to hang about.

‘spect so

Great for Irish rugby but couldn’t care less who wins

It’ll make up a wee bit for such a crap 6N. For me, Leinster are a more attractive side to watch, but Ulster out-munstered Munster at their own game. I’m just hoping for a good game.

anagallis_arvensis

Not looking for stats tj but i thought Sivivatu was excellent, Fofana did well despite screwing up the try opportunity. They ran from deep too much though.
    Darcey, you think Leinster play attractive rugby do you? I suppose compared to Munster…..

duckman

Forwards smashing the snot out of other forwards, that is a dream final IMO. Bone shuddering collisions around the fringes, rucking and counter rucking that leaves men scarred for life, and at least one prop who is there just to break other props. THAT is my ideal match/team.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Not one for the finer arts then Duckman? A subtle sidestep, a pinpoint pass, some sleight of hand?

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

A subtle sidestep, a pinpoint pass, some sleight of hand?

It’s ok, hopefully BOD will be there. 😉

anagallis_arvensis

To be fair to Leinster i dislike much/most modern rugby unless I’m invested in it. I strayed onto rugby dump a couple of days ago and watched their roundup of the s14 week and saw tries scored from scrums. **** me i’d forgotten what a completed scrum looked like.

anagallis_arvensis

In other news nice to see The Hask putting it too the colonials 😀

http://www.scoop.co.nz/multimedia/tv/sports/65743.html

duckman

TJ; have you just come out? It’s ok if you are…

deadlydarcy – Member
    It’s ok, hopefully BOD will be there.

POSTED 45 MINUTES AGO # REPORT-POST

And don’t you be getting ideas above your station you wee shite 😉

sv

Who to shout for now…?

Ulster forever? 😆

Scamper
    Free Member

Problem with Barnes is he is one Ref where at least one set of fans per match end up slagging him off more than most ref’s although to be fair he seems to get some big decisions spot on.

BlindMelon
    Free Member

DD nice to see you back, I’m assuming that you are only starting to come to terms with Ulsters victory in Limerick now!

Just one more huge effort from Ulster and you never know!!!

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Much as you’d like that to be true BM, I managed to get over it just fine, but thanks for your concern. Remember. Gloating: the refuge of the insecure. 😉

You’ll have to go some to beat Leinster, but you’ve shown that anything’s possible. Best of luck to both sides.

anagallis_arvensis

Cipriani given the push from the rebels, seems to be going the way of Gavin, bit sad for such a talent.

duckman

A-A I have made a point of watching the Rebels just to see Cipriani, he has not been any better than he was at the end of his Wasps career mores the pity. Maybe the move to Sale will give him something to aim/focus for as he was never playing for England while in the Colonies.

anagallis_arvensis

That leg break was horrific….. but like with Henson people always focus on the off field stuff as the reason.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

For me, Henson is the better player but I’m more attracted to Cipriani. He’s just a bit sexier.

duckman

Cipriani was a teen sensation, how old was Henson at time of 1st slam? (waits for A-A to tell me to nearest second 😀 )

anagallis_arvensis

For me, Henson is the better player but I’m more attracted to Cipriani. He’s just a bit sexier.

you bitch 😈

Cipriani was a teen sensation, how old was Henson at time of 1st slam? (waits for A-A to tell me to nearest second )

Henson is what 30 now so in 2005 was erm….. about 24. Henson was world young player of the year and I’m pretty sure made his Wales debut at 19.

loum
    Free Member

PSA highlights on ITV4 now for anyone interested.

anagallis_arvensis

Anyone else think it seems a bit odd that both Farral and Smith have turned down the assistant coach job with england?

anagallis_arvensis

👿

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Nope – its a poisoned chalice

anagallis_arvensis

Well paid though and seems to have some decent players coming through in time for a home world cup… obviously Andy Rbinson should stay in his dream job but others? Its also strange that its getting as far as being common knowledge in the press that its been offered, and then it gets turned down. Seems odd to me.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

I suspect tehy know that theis England team willnot match expectations and thus they are likely to be sacked again – that and they don’t want the edia pressure

anagallis_arvensis

I think no one wants to be an assistant to a nobody myself.

transapp
    Free Member

I think it has a lot to do the Rob Andrew still overseeing and generally cocking up everything to do with this selection(s). Seriously, if anyone else performed as badly as that bloke, they’d be sacked without question.
    Looking at the media reports, it looked as if Smith wanted to be head coach, not backs / attack coach. I guess he thought he was probably higher in the pecking order than Lancaster (who’d argue?) and didn’t want the bit position.
    Agree that with all the ‘second choice’ coaches that are getting in, this team’s going to under achieve again. I predict a sacking after the next six nations…

loum
    Free Member

They should offer it to Harry Rednap.

anagallis_arvensis

Who are all the coaches for england? Lancaster as head coach is inexperienced, mike catt going as backs coach hes inexperienced, who else? Not sure Andrew or whoever have learnt from giving Johnson the job.

transapp
    Free Member

No, he’s certainly not. He’s also going to squeeze out of the blame for any cock up after employing the services of a ‘head hunter’ firm, who came up with no alternatives to the temporary coach… They then offered Lancaster’s first choice backs coach a pittance (compared to standard salaries for that position) to ensure he didn’t take it, so the could appoint Smith, who then decided he didn’t want it. Now they’ve got Catt (but only temporarily for now…) who’s a brilliant rugby brain (when playing) but hasn’t set the world on fire for London Irish. It’s a story of appalling management by the RFU and Rob Andrew in particular.
    The other coach is Graham Rowntree, ex Leicester prop (and a bloody good one) he seems to be a decent forwards coach despite a lack of experience, certainly he’s the only one who came out the world cup with honours clear.

BlindMelon
    Free Member

Hope you are all going to SUFTUM!!!!

Pigface
    Free Member

???????

BlindMelon
    Free Member

Stand up for the Ulster Men!!!!

anagallis_arvensis

Shame for the neutral its an all ireland game in a way. I shall be supporting ulster but expect leinster to be too composed under pressure.

Pigface
    Free Member

Couldnt care less to be honest, Hope it is a good game and being selfish I hope Leinster do it and are not bothered about the Rabo 12.

Thanks Blindmelon

Viewing 40 posts - 361 through 400 (of 415 total)

The topic ‘Rugby – Heineken cup’ is closed to new replies.