Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Evil Sovereign with 130mm forks
  • debaser

Very tempted by an Evil Sovereign frame and I’m wondering if anyone has any experience pairing one with 130mm forks?

I have some Magura Laurin forks which I’d potentially be using and since they are quite short axle–crown I wonder if things might get a bit too twitchy? There’s a fine line between twitchy and massive amounts of fun though.

I currently ride a 456 summer season so it’d be quite a radical change in head angle, but I fancy trying something different and the short stays/steeper head angle appeals.

Am 6ft and thinking a medium might be about right.

(Feel free to point me in the direction of other frames, advise me to stick with the 456 or to put the money towards a trip to somewhere interesting to ride as this thread is largely a product of bruised/cracked ribs and not getting out on the bike enough)

Crell
    Free Member

If you’ve got the bits try it. I’m running 150 Revs on mine and it’s hardly twitchy combined with a 55mm stem and some Haven bars.

I love mine – it’s now my regular ride.

I’m 5 10 and ride a M. With the 55mm stem it’s “compact”, but I like that. I’d have thought a Large would be a better fit for you.

Stevelol
    Free Member

Definitely go for a large.

chunkypaul
    Free Member

i’m 6’1″ and used to own the original one in its long size (they only did two models then, regular and long) – long at a 613mm eff. top tube

i tried it with Z1’s, revelations and then pikes – pikes were the best imo

debaser

Thanks for the advice folks. Looking at the geometry again large might well be the better option.

Anyone else tried one with 130mm forks?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Evil Sovereign with 130mm forks’ is closed to new replies.