Viewing 40 posts - 321 through 360 (of 415 total)
  • Rugby – Heineken cup
  • TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Leinster / ulster but I wouldn’t bet much on it.

BlindMelon
    Free Member

Ulster Clermont for me

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Certainly the Edinburgh / Ulster semi is the easier one. Leinster have looked awesome all season but clermont were great in the 1/4

BlindMelon
    Free Member

Playing it down TJ? I’ve since discovered I’m at a wedding the day of the semi and a trade show on the final date. Not happy!!

Frankers
    Free Member

Interesting stats HERE

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

BlindMelon- not really. IMO Leinster and Clermont are the two strongest teams and Ulster have the edge over Edinburgh especially away from Murreyfield.

surfer
    Free Member

Banahan useless swamp donkey

Chants of “give it to Banahan” at every opportunity. How we laughed!

duckman

So some wee inadequate pays money to abuse visiting players, not watch a cracking game. Thinks that buying a ticket OBVIOUSLY gives him the right to do so,feels he is the big man as he giving a 6″ 7″ 19 stone guy abuse without any payback. Large Frenchman reacts, so fan cries foul. Got what he deserved IMO

Pigface
    Free Member

Derek Brennan got his career ended for the same thing, he is certifiable though 😯

BlindMelon
    Free Member

Trevor Brennan you mean

anagallis_arvensis

Duckman, i agree. I wouldnt give Meastri abuse though scary looking bloke.

anagallis_arvensis

I thought this regarding the callum clark ban intrrsting
    http://rugbylaw.blogspot.co.uk/2012/04/calum-clark-citing-decision.html?m=1

duckman

A-A; what do you think of Howley leading the Summer tour? If he is half a good a coach he was a player, Wales are in good hands. That blog makes me hate him even more.

Pigface
    Free Member

Blind melon Yes I did, thanks for the correction. 🙂

anagallis_arvensis

Jury is still out on Howley tbh. He’s not got that much experience and has been attack coach for wales for a while. During this time the attsck has been the weak link. This maybe due to Gatlands very conservative approach though. Suprised Edwards wasnt chosen but i expect he will go with Gatland on tbe Lions tour so Howley needs experience. I expect Wales to get a kicking in Aus anyway. Get well soon Gatland.

Howley was a brilliant nine, best in the world for a time.

Scamper
    Free Member

In deed he was, in a poor team. If i recall he made Dawson look silly for the last ever try at the Arms Park.

Pigface
    Free Member

Howley was one of the greatest, rumour says he used to have a gambling problem.

I was on 5 live once and said to Dawson he wasn’t a great scrum half and that Howley was 10 times the player he was 😀 he just laughed and went on to the next caller.

anagallis_arvensis

8.25ish for one of my favs

anagallis_arvensis

shane williams

worth 25 mins of anyones time:
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b01bgr2p/Shane/

BlindMelon
    Free Member

2% of NI population headin’ to Dublin

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-17860804

Ulster should be at full strength apart from the suspended John Afoa, win by 10-15 points I reckon

SUFTUM

BlindMelon
    Free Member

Ulster starting young Jackson at fly half, a bold move in such a high pressure game, looking forward to a cracker!!!

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Edinburgh all the way – forwards to boss the set piece adn breakdown. fliers in the backs to rack up a hatful of tries
    .Hopefully 🙂 In reality a close game with Ulster favourites adn rightly so

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Well well well – Edinburgh attack against Ulster defence with ulster stopping them Surely they will get tired and Ulster lucky not to get a second yellow card at the end of the half.

No more scrums near the edinburgh line please 🙂

BlindMelon
    Free Member

Have to agree TJ ferris should have been binned, however Ulster haven’t got their attacking game going at all. Fitzpatrick going well at scrum time

BlindMelon
    Free Member

How was that a scrum pen to edi

anagallis_arvensis

What is this Heinekin Cup? Why dont they let the welsh teams play?

BlindMelon
    Free Member

Cause there aren’t any players left in Wales?

BlindMelon
    Free Member

Ferris trying to take Visser on the outside- cracker

anagallis_arvensis

Cause there aren’t any players left in Wales?

The Blues still have Sweeney and Gavin Evans, everyone is too scared to play these mighty men imo.

BlindMelon
    Free Member

True I forgot about those giants from the valleys! Result Ulster pen

duckman

Ah well then, at least we didn’t look out of place in a Hiney semi-final.22-12, no way back.

Edit….Bit of pride at the end.

BlindMelon
    Free Member

Game over TJ ?

BlindMelon
    Free Member

Yeeeeeoooooooo!!!!!

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Ulster stood up when it counted during the yeloow card and also when Edinburgh were camped on the line and stopped Edinburgh scoring. Pinnaar was great mind you so was Greg Laidlaw – took a ball off a n ulster forward on the line 🙂

Edinburgh needed a try during the first half when they had the dominence and didn’t get it.

Well done Ulster 🙁

BlindMelon
    Free Member

Yeah I think the yellow card period was crucial and possibly the turning point mentally for both sides, the Ulster scrum was outstanding considering Fitzy was up against a seasoned international. Edinburgh would possibly have sneeked it had they remembered to put the Pritt stic on their hands.

I agree Laidlaw was fantastic and had a couple of big turnovers. Fords performance will have gone a long way in placing Best ahead of him in the pecking order for the Lions hooker berth.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

http://www.espnscrum.com/heineken-cup-2011-12/rugby/match/144348.html

Stats make interesting / depressing reading, Edinburgh did twice as much as Ulster but couldn’t get the scores.

duckman

Still, at least I can enjoy the final without swearing at the tv.

anagallis_arvensis

Barnes is a ****, come on frenchies!!!

anagallis_arvensis

Jesus, christ… barnes doesnt want Clemont to win!

anagallis_arvensis

And the Barnes in the commentry box, doesnt seem to have spotted its the Clemont pack doing the damage.

Viewing 40 posts - 321 through 360 (of 415 total)

The topic ‘Rugby – Heineken cup’ is closed to new replies.