Home Forums Chat Forum Robo-mowers

Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)
  • Robo-mowers
  • drlex
    Free Member

@bruneep – thanks for posting your experiences so far. Could you expand on the wi-fi connexion issue? Does it require a persistent link or is it more for video feed than positioning?

bruneep

From the FAQ

What you can do with the WiFi connection

• Monitor Luba’s status remotely
    • Start/Pause/End a mowing job
    • Set Luba to recharge
    • Modify Luba’s settings on App

I added a Wavlink  wifi extender for back garden £70 off amazon as recommended on another post on here, I also stuck in a 120gb EE  4G data sim £60 for a yr off amazon  to cover all areas. I have good network coverage now in all areas of the garden.  I also have my mum reporting to me via whatsapp on its every movement 😂

This morning it had cut 2 areas at back before I went out, I edited the front grass to inc a no go area I forgot to add earlier.  Then set it on its way to cut front grass

lorax

a polished emulsion of blue cat excrement, with some flung up the bottom portion of walls for good measure

Thank you @submarined – genuinely laughing at loud at that!

oikeith

Time poor parent here, with the great weather this year finding time to cut the lawn has been tough, I was looking at robot mowers till I spoke with a neighbour in passing and an old boy down the road has a grandson who mows lawns for a £10 a go, my dad maths makes a £10 every other week more appetising then some good money on a robot mower!

Rubber_Buccaneer

I recently set up one of the cheapest Worx Landroid mowers for my dear old mum.  Only 90m2 of nice simple oval lawn and it appears to be working a treat.  Having read this thread I do now wish I’d spent more of her money on one I could remotely program to mow a cock and balls into the lawn, maybe next time 🍆

bikesandboots

old boy down the road has a grandson who mows lawns for a £10 a go

Used to do that many years ago, obviously for less money. Rare to find these days I believe with liability fears etc.

Looks like a better solution for everyone really. Income for him, no big outlay for you, lawn gets mown, nothing to go wrong, no new equipment need to me manufactured and shipped, no money leaving the country to China.

trail_rat
    Free Member

no new equipment need to me manufactured and shipped

Cutting the grass with his teeth is he ?

bikesandboots

The poster implied that they already have a mower!

scuttler

I saw a robo mop today. Waddafak

Wouldn’t fit around the bog where the boys end up splashing.

Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.