Home Forums Bike Forum Road bike shoes and setting up the cleats for a WattBike.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Road bike shoes and setting up the cleats for a WattBike.
  • seadog101

I’ve got my self a pair of road shoes to use on the WattBike we have in the gym on the ship.  Never having had a road bike (not since the 10 speed of my early eighties youth days) setting up the cleats properly is a bit of a mystery.  I’ve read a few guides I can find online but just want a bit of advice from real world experience.

The pedals in the Wattbike are double sided with Keo three bolt type on one side and SPD 2 bolt on the other, the shoes can take either also, and I have both types of cleat with me too.

So, as I use SPD on the MTB, will I be better off sticking with those? What advantage could there be in using the three bolt?

I have fitted the three bolt, but not convinced as yet that they are the best option.  The fore and aft postion seems OK, but the angle is proving tricky set right.

I tend not to do long stints on the WattBike, 20 min HIIT sessions, maybe 30-45mins longer stuff.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

I just use some cheap shoes with MTB cleats, no real benefit of using the road clips for indoor stuff there, just get them where they need to be and write down the setup that works as the amount of adjustment on the bike makes it a new position every time I use one!!

Also the App is good for logging and if it’s got bluetooth it will link with things like the sufferfest app for a more interesting session

seadog101

Yep, the app is great.

No point in trying to use ithe bike with much of anything that needs an internet connection at the time though as the speed onboard is pitifully slow!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Road bike shoes and setting up the cleats for a WattBike.’ is closed to new replies.