Home Forums Bike Forum Riva del Garda route recommendations please

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Riva del Garda route recommendations please
  • Tom-B
    Free Member

Currently staying in Torbole, so just down the road from Riva. Basically everyone here has an expensive looking full suss ebike, so I’m guessing that there’s decent riding to be had. I’ve got my flat bar gravel bike with me, but might hire an ebike for the day.

Any recommendations for routes? I’ve got komoot and an edge explore to help navigate. Stuff that’s not too technical but lots of smiles per mile would fit the bill.

Tracey

We had a amazing time in Torbole. It’s an ebike paradise. You can get an uplift to various areas with Velolake and they also rent out.

If yo search for Velolake on Komoot and follow them they have uploaded loads of the trails onto it.

Quite a few on trailforks but it’s easy to get out of your depth on some of the blacks

Tom-B
    Free Member

Ah nice one Tracey, I’ve seen velolake…..will pop in to have chat with them. Is trailforks paid for? I’ve never used it…

Tracey

You can download it free and set it for a region or buy it on a yearly subscription.

Think you can do the same with Komoot but we have the paid version of both.

mrchrist

Yes. Few uplift operators.

I went to the top on Monte Baldo and rode all the way down. Took all day. Was amazing. Had a guide and hired a liteville 601.tjinknthe trail was called the 601.

Michael (cycle) Shiel hooked me up with a guide and a ride. That was 8 years ago now:(

chickenman

601 is nails particuarly the bit below the freeride bit with its jaggy off camber rocks (there are more pleasant alternatives).  Riute 5 down to Navenne is an easier proposition (reached by a track in the vicinity of the 601 freeride section). The old Tremalzo route is a fun day out, big gravel road with fab views but with some great tech options down to and past Pregasina.

alpin
    Free Member

Via Ponale /Ponale Straße is an ok ride up to Lago D’Idro wüten a gravel bike.

agentdagnamit
    Free Member

Chickenman is right. Don’t be put off Tremalzo just cos it’s popular. And don’t attempt the lower part of 601 if it’s wet. Personally I’d avoid it in the dry too. The upper sections are superb, but maybe take the Navene or Coast to Coast options to finish at the lake.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.