Viewing 40 posts - 8,721 through 8,760 (of 9,203 total)
  • Rishi! Sunak!
  • squirrelking
    Free Member

^ wot he said. He doesn’t get as much airtime as there’s always some fresh, new and exciting insanity to talk about instead.

binners

The lil fella is up in front of the liason committee today and he’s being his usual tetchy self and exhibiting his standard ‘how dare you ask me questions’ attitude

Poopscoop

Not worth starting it’s own thread for, so I’ll add it into the generic Tory loon/mildly amusing Sunak thread.

It does show just how inept AND utterly ruthless the Tories are though and this will be their MO heading into the GE.

You might remember this lady, the Tory Mayoral candidate that had that amazing picture in the papers when she announced her candidacy.

Screenshot_20240326-151934

Well, it just gets better.

And madder.

Worth resding it all, it’s not just about khan causing carnage on the New York subway(😉)…

It’s also about him sending balaclava’d up ULEZ Nazis after your granny. The Tories really are trying to go full MAGA.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/cpw05l5p6d7o

ernielynch

Everything’s relative, innit?

Indeed. My “at last something vaguely positive” instantly became me banging on about my confidence in Cameron. 🤣

binners

That Tory attack ad on Khan is absolutely unhinged! who the hell signed that off?

A good idea though, to draw attention to the massive increase in crime in the country you’ve been running for 14 years, after you cut 20,000 front lne police officers. Well done to all involved.

martinhutch

the Tory Mayoral candidate that had that amazing picture in the papers when she announced her candidacy.

She was not happy with them choosing the picture that made her look the most unhinged. But they clearly had the measure of her from the off. It’s remarkable that THIS is who they chose to fight the most important regional election in England.

crazy-legs

Indeed. My “at last something vaguely positive” instantly became me banging on about my confidence in Cameron. 🤣

It occurred to me after it was too late to edit it that my post (previous page) saying that he wasn’t doing a bad job as Foreign Secretary could be interpreted the same way.

But it’s all relative to the three absolute morons doing the job before him.

binners

It’s remarkable that THIS is who they chose to fight the most important regional election in England.

They’re not really doing very well at any of the regional elections. At the moment they don’t even have a candidate in Greater Manchester and I doubt they’ll get many volounteers to get their arse handed to them by Andy Burnham

Poopscoop

I’ll quote some of that article for those that won’t click on it because it’s utterly amazing to read.

It’s like a draft idea for the movie, V for Vendetta crossed with 28 Days Later and a little bit of Fallout 3, written by someone heavily influenced by LSD and MAGA.

So today in London apparently:

The video also warned of “squads of Ulez-enforcers dressed in black, faces covered with masks, terrorising communities at the beck and call of their Labour mayor master, who has implemented a tax on driving, forcing people to stay inside or go underground”.
    “Gripped by the tendrils of rising crime” it continued, “London citizens stay inside”.

“The streets are quiet.”

Oooohhhhhhhh!

I pray for those STWers in London today, I hope they make it home past the ULEZ death squads and the riots on the tube.

ernielynch

Thanks for that link Poops, it’s made my day. I am genuinely struggling to believe that it is true, but I can’t imagine the BBC coming up with a made up story like that.

I particularly liked:

“Gripped by the tendrils of rising crime” it continued, “London citizens stay inside”.

“The streets are quiet.”

Straight out of Daily Mash shirley?

Poopscoop

^^ It’s a mad old world. I suppose it’s always worth reminding ourselves that even in these odd times, we won the lottery of life being born in this country compared to most of the planets population.

That being said, I can’t wait for boring politics to be the norm again, hopefully with accompanying functional government. 😁

gobuchul
    Free Member

watched 5 minutes of Sunak getting questioned about his change on the net zero plans.

He said he didn’t want people to be forced to make the changes, he even mentioned “changing your diet”.

Little shitbag.

martinhutch

Damn, my wife is down there today. Hope she survives the death squads.

binners

I don’t know what they’re basing their assertion on that ‘London is the most dangerous city in the world’.

Thats going to come as quite a shock to the inhabitents of Gaza, Donetsk, Tijuana or Aleppo

By any metric, this is absolutely mental!

https://x.com/Conservatives/status/1772321715713982730?s=20

Poopscoop

martinhutch
    Damn, my wife is down there today. Hope she survives the death squads.

It’s the zombies she needs to watch out for mate, these ones can shift.

Likely evolutionary zombie behaviour from running away from the ULEZ Enforcer squads whilst they were still alive. Great for the cardio.

ernielynch

The really weird thing about the narrative in that advert is that it is specifically aimed at Londoners, the very people who are most likely to know that it is total nonsense.

I genuinely have no idea at all what the **** they are talking about when they mention “squads of Ulez-enforcers dressed in black, faces covered with masks, terrorising communities at the beck and call of their Labour mayor master”.

In fact the advert is so obviously counterproductive that I am starting to wonder whether it might have been a case of deliberate sabotage by someone in Conservative Party central office.

Poopscoop

Junior ministers Robert Halfon and James Heappey quit government

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-68669507

Sunak, Sunak, Sunak… you just can’t get a break can you?

dissonance

Its true though.
    What you wont see on the msm is that Khan has actually closed down the M25 and filled it with landmines and barbed wire to keep the helpless citizens inside the ring of terror.

ernielynch

After seeing the clip posted by binners it would appear that the first paragraph of the BBC article is maybe misleading:

“An advert in support of the Conservative’s London mayoral candidate that featured scenes from New York instead of the capital has been deleted.”

There is no evidence that it is in support of the Tory mayoral candidate, her name isn’t even mentioned.

It seems to be saying “don’t vote Labour nationally because this is what Labour has done in London”.

Despite the fact that quite likely the majority of the London electorate will vote Labour on May2.

Or maybe they will be too scared to come out and vote?

binners

Theres going to be nobody left if he hangs on until November

kelvin

He can just appoint more Lords. We already have one of the key ministers of state an unelected appointed unaccountable bureaucrat.

squirrelking
    Free Member

Er, mind Mandelson was given the same honour. It’s not breaking convention to have unelected cabinet members.

binners

Do you hear that noise? Thats the sound of the very bottom of the barrel being scraped…

B702848F-51FE-40CC-A558-2473FBFC1BFF

Poopscoop

^^ Dear oh dear oh dear.

bruneep

An outspoken MP, Gullis suggested in December 2023 that Rishi Sunak should elevate Nigel Farage, the former UKIP leader, to the House of Lords.

Gullis told GB News that the former Brexit Party leader would be an “asset across the Blue and the Red Wall”.

“I’d love to see it, personally”, Gullis said when the prospect of Farage joining the Conservative Party was raised.

He added: “I think Nigel has a lot to offer”.

🤡

dissonance

Thats the sound of the very bottom of the barrel being scraped…

That was 30p. I am not sure where they have dragged Gullis from but more likely the Aussies have wondered who dug into one of their sewage works from below.

gwaelod
    Free Member

Who?

martinhutch

Everyone gets a turn at being Tory Deputy Chair, it’s like when you took it in turns to take the the class gerbil home to look after at weekends.

mattyfez

The govenment are so insular, and short-termist looking… it does not inspire any sort of confidence…

…as a voter I want a visionary, ground breaking even, leadership, in a prime minister. It’s arguably the most important job in the UK, and all we are seeing is petty squabbles and political manuvering.

binners

What we’re seeing is a political death rattle

Just call the bloody election and get it over with

Poopscoop

binners
    What we’re seeing is a political death rattle

It really is like a dying animal just lashing out at anything that comes close, even it’s own kin.

Can you imagine what a state the party will be in after a GE drubbing? It’ll be complete civil war for at least a year with some absolutely epic blame gaming going on. We might actually see an increase in Party Leader turnover!

mattyfez

I think it’s pretty much a given we’ll have a GE in the autumn… any more delay is just abuse of process. But it won’t be the first time the conservatives have abused process…

..so who knows?

Really they should have called a GE in May but that boat has sailed, and then there is summer recess…because MP’s are paid so poorly they need to have a few months off over the summer.

https://www.parliament.uk/about/faqs/house-of-commons-faqs/business-faq-page/recess-dates/

Poopscoop

^^ I can still see it happening in June perhaps as I’ve seen others mention. I think the infighting will be so bad after the locals that he might just call a snap election and be done with it. Or just walk! That would be hilarious. It’s not like we have a functioning government anyway. I doubt we would hardly notice the difference.

He has bugger all to lose, he must know the game is up and his tech bros in SoCal are waiting for him no doubt. Along with his dusted off green card.

ransos
    Free Member

“Er, mind Mandelson was given the same honour. It’s not breaking convention to have unelected cabinet members.”

Absolutely. And it was completely uncontroversial at the time.

kimbers

How long before Gullis has to quit/resign when hes caught in a hot mike incident talking about Angela Rayner’s arse?

squirrelking
    Free Member

as a voter I want a visionary, ground breaking even, leadership, in a prime minister.

I’d settle for boring and competent these days.

Absolutely. And it was completely uncontroversial at the time.

Well obvious sarcasm is obvious but it’s still within convention

Members of the Cabinet are by convention chosen from members of the two houses of Parliament, as the Peel convention dictates that ministers may only be recruited from the House of Commons or the House of Lords, although this convention has been broken in the past for short periods.[10] Patrick Gordon Walker is perhaps the most notable exception: he was appointed to the Cabinet despite losing his seat in the 1964 general election, and resigned from Cabinet after running and losing in a by-election in January 1965.[11] Sometimes, when a minister from neither House is appointed, they have been granted a customary peerage.[12] The Cabinet is now made up almost entirely of members of the House of Commons.[7]

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cabinet_of_the_United_Kingdom

binners

Can you imagine what a state the party will be in after a GE drubbing? It’ll be complete civil war for at least a year with some absolutely epic blame gaming going on.

The civil war won’t wait for a general election. It’ll commence on May 3rd when the Tories get an absolute shoeing in the local elections. The present polling is saying they could lose over half their local councillors

Once that happens I it’ll be open season on Rishi. They’ll be like rats in a sack

Poopscoop

kimbers
    How long before Gullis has to quit/resign when hes caught in a hot mike incident talking about Angela Rayner’s arse?

More than a grain of truth buried there, it’s just up for debate about what completely batshit/ totally  inappropriate incident that does for him.

What the hell will he do if/ when he loses his seat? He’s can’t go back to teaching, surely? Way too make bridges burnt. There must be a grift lined up?

Poopscoop

The civil war won’t wait for a general election. It’ll commence on May 3rd when the Tories get an absolute shoeing in the local elections. The present polling is saying they could lose over half their local councillors

Once that happens I it’ll be open season on Rishi. They’ll be like rats in a sack

Plonk them on an island and let them go full Battle Royale or more appropriately, Lord of the Flies.

Highest rated show EVER.

ransos
    Free Member

“but it’s still within convention”

Statement of the bleeding obvious is bleeding obvious.

Viewing 40 posts - 8,721 through 8,760 (of 9,203 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.