Home Forums Bike Forum Recommend me a track/floor pump

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Recommend me a track/floor pump
  • gooner666

Looking for recommendations for a good/accurate track/floor pump.

Accuracy of the pressure gauge is the most important consideration – what do you recommend?

Thanks

snotrag

Jow Blow Mountain X –

https://www.topeak.com/global/en/product/1203-JOEBLOW-MOUNTAIN-X

Specifically because it DOESNT have to display pressures up to silly high PSI, thus making the effective resolution of the gauge much easier to work out. I use it loads and its easy to amend pressures to a single PSI accuracy quite easily.

mert
    Free Member

SKS Rennkompressor.

Then get a proper commercial pressure gauge with the range you need for ten or fifteen quid if you need better accuracy.

desperatebicycle

Lidl. Never used anything better.

jwh
    Free Member

I’m always amazed at how accurate my topeak blow joe booster is compared to my digital pressure gauge.
    Also seating tubeless tyres is easy.

z1ppy

I have an (old) SKS Rennkompressor (given to me & great for higher pressure) & a Joe Blow, I much prefer the Joe Blow.

citizenlee
    Free Member

My Joe Blow Max II has served me very well for many years, although if I ever needed to replace it I’d go for the Mountain X.

ajantom

Cheap and cheerful Sonder Detonator track pump (RRP £22, but I got it in offer for £10)

Shifts plenty of air, and the guage is surprisingly good.

avdave2

It’s not accuracy you need it’s consistency. As there isn’t a specific pressure that is “right” so you always find the best pressure for you by trial and error and the actual number doesn’t matter.

I have a specialized track pump I’ve had for years but use an accugage 0-30 to measure tyre pressure as most of the track pump gauges have a very wide range which makes it a lot harder to read

MadBillMcMad

That reminds me of a sketch I had from work of William Tell firing arrows at his son

Northwind

+1 Joe Blow Mountain. Useless for a road bike (I physically can’t pump a tyre to 100 with it, I’m too light, I go up instead of pushing the pump down) but brilliant for a mountain bike. Better for tubeless, better for fast inflating, better for gauge reading.

stevious

I recently got a Joe blow ace. Don’t get one. It’s great at inflating a variety of tyres (you can switch between high vol or high pressure) but the gauge is tiny and goes up to a billion psi. Can’t even meaningfully measure the pressure on my road bike tyres.

claudie

I’ve just realised that my lezyne track pump is 15 years old and used 3/4 times per week so I’ve got to recommend it!

hammy7272
    Free Member

Joe Blow. I’ve had one ten years and it’s perfect

tall_martin

It’s not accuracy you need it’s consistency.

+1

II have an old on one pump with a topeak head. It’s not precise or accurate but it is very consistent. I know what the right pressure is for my tires on that pump, but because I don’t use loads of pumps it works perfectly. I use a digital gauge at  bike parks and my track pump is consistent with it.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.