Home Forums Bike Forum Rail Markings on WTB Saddle

• This topic has 7 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 5 years ago by tdog.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Rail Markings on WTB Saddle
  • oddnumber
    Free Member

Evening all, I have a potentially daft question about the markings on the rail of a WTB Volt saddle. I’m trying to get the seat as far back as possible – is the foremost clamp point 1 or 2 on the pic?

To my (possibly limited) mind the markings don’t make sense. Any help would be appreciated as ever! Thanks very much.

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

Rail markings like this get even more complex when the seat post has offset clamps above and below where it grips the rail… Which one should not go beyond the max line? :eek:

Poopscoop

In intrigued too, have a bump.

funkmasterp

I use number two on your photo and the lower clamp. Not killed a saddle, post or myself yet.

jameso

It doesn’t actually matter, it’s just that the further back the saddle is the more likelihood of bending the rails due to the leverage.

johnners
    Free Member

It’s not clear but I wouldn’t be bothered about using two. Inline post I hope, if you clamp there on a layback seatpost you’ve not only got the wrong size bike you’re putting a lot of bending moment on the post.

oddnumber
    Free Member

OK, I have an answer from WTB – no.2 is the rearmost saddle position.

@johnners
    – it is a setback post. As it happens, the most comfortable position after a bit of trial and error is a bit past position 1. The bike is a Sonder Camino, and the fit is pretty much bang on in all other areas.

tdog
    Free Member

& the saddle sage continues…

Have a bendy rail bump 😜

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Rail Markings on WTB Saddle’ is closed to new replies.