Home Forums Bike Forum R2-bike.com, anyone still shopping there.

• This topic has 6 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 6 days ago by ogden.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • R2-bike.com, anyone still shopping there.
  • noeffsgiven
    Free Member

They have a lot of older 27.5 Lyrik ultimates going cheap, so what would 300 euro purchase end up actually costing after import fees to UK.

hammerandcycle
    Free Member

Not used them since they changed the minimum order value. Only place I’ve used in Europe that gets around it is tradeinn.

You’ll be looking at vat 20% and import duty and whatever admin fee the courier charges on top.

monkeyboyjc

Not unless it’s under the €135 cap and still cheaper than the UK. My last order was January 2023…

I’d have thought after shipping fees, vat on both the forks & shipping and the  duty your looking at close to £375 / £400.

hammerandcycle
    Free Member

R2 bike have a minimum order value of over £135 so there is no getting around it with r2.

DickBarton

I ordered something that cost about £450 and I think I was charged £80 when it landed in the UK.

monkeyboyjc

R2 bike have a minimum order value of over £135 so there is no getting around it with r2.

That’ll be why I stopped using them then ?

ogden
    Free Member

They had a good few months when you could order things under £135 and they’d arrive tax free before they got wise.

As above, TradeInn/BikeInn is the only EU shop I ever find worth ordering from anymore.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.