Home Forums Bike Forum push or normal tune?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • push or normal tune?
  • pondy
    Free Member

going to send my fox rp23 for a service next week and also want to get it tuned, not sure if push is an option?

the shock feels harsh on small bumps, larger ones its feels very wallowy and blows through its travel easy, any sort of just or drop and it will bottom out easy. on fast repetitive hits its very harsh. i have tried different air pressures and rebound setting but cannot get it working right.

also while its getting worked on is it worth the extra £ to have the kashima upgrade?

sam_underhill

Just plumped for kashima (damaged original body anyway) and push with my rp23 service. Should get it back early next week so will be able to answer then. Similar “issues” noted with my shock so push seemed to make sense.

alexxx
    Free Member

skimming your thread – my 2 cents – had a dhx5 that I didn’t like the feel of too much – the pushed made it a lot more controlled and stable feeling… however this could have also been the service but I liked it all. I also like the idea of them taking stuff out that didn’t work too well (not sure on rp23)… all in all if its only a few quid extra do it

sam_underhill

It’s quite a bit extra, but you should end up with a shock specifically configured for you and your bike. So should definitely be better than a regular service. Although a custom tune (ie non push) may yield similar results I guess.

carlos
    Free Member

I had the same thing with a rp23 HV shock on my Heckler, correct sag meant blowing through travel, add air to counteract this and it was very harsh over the chattery stuff. Seemed to be a no win either way.

Sent it off for a service to TF, which was due, and Push tune after lots of messing with different air pressure and set up, needless to say it made the world of difference. Still don’t really understand why Santa Cruz changed form a standard air can to a High Volume one, but hey ho.

You might get the same results from a Loco personal tune, but as I’ve not used him for this type of service I can’t comment (although the fork service he did was spot on)

HTH

Carl

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘push or normal tune?’ is closed to new replies.