Viewing 4 posts - 121 through 124 (of 124 total)
  • Public Sector Pay
  • TheBrick
    Free Member

Not having a downer on teachers but they sometimes need a bit of realism put in their lives.

You do realise that teachers and many other rpublic sector workers can’t plays the job market in the same way for pay rises and you and your friends?

kerley
    Free Member

Halving the bin service wasn’t the end of the world. It’s the perfect model for all other services.

I think you are on to something there.  So do we just half the amount of days the kids go to school or send just half the number of kids to school (anyone who feels they need more education can just supplement it by taking their kids to the tip)

anagallis_arvensis

The logical solution would be to allow each trust or region to set its own rates.  They might need to pay more to get people to live/work is a bad area

So those poorer areas have to pay more to get staff and the poorer people therefore get a worse service. You really havent thought this through have you.

Kryton57

I haven’t read beyond the first page but as a Father of two, I applaud the work that the teachers to my children do.   They are mostly educational, part social worker and a small part parent to your child during the week, and most of them do that x 30 every day.

Anyone whose been to the Parent/Teaching meeting and seen the swathe of notes, updates, photo’s and other content which has been recorded and written up over the school year needs to think hard about when that was done – again x 30 – because it wasn’t for the most part done in the school day.

Its a hard job, its not a job market you go to to make money yet I suspect if you like teaching iots very rewarding.  My kids didn’t learn to read, do complex maths and science, deal with life’s situations etc entirely at home – a foundation which hopefully helps them for life, so please give teachers thier due.

Viewing 4 posts - 121 through 124 (of 124 total)

The topic ‘Public Sector Pay’ is closed to new replies.