Home Forums Bike Forum PSA – Shimano Deore Brakes BR-M486 reduced to £14.99 on CRC

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • PSA – Shimano Deore Brakes BR-M486 reduced to £14.99 on CRC
  • gonzy
    Free Member

not sure if this is just the caliper or the caliper, lever and hose…seems like a good bargain though…
    linky

Kryton57

In the description:

Great value and dependable brake calliper gives you plenty of power when you require it. For use with mineral oil which is non-corrosive and less hazardous than conventional hydraulic fluid. Shim-less mounting bracket allows for quickinstallation and set up. Compatible with post mount or international standard forks when used with adapters. To be used in conjunction with Shimano hydraulic brake levers

cp

it’s the complete brake inc. lever. done to death on another thread a little while ago.

khani
    Free Member

It’s the full brake, See here..
    Mine came with a 1500 rear hose and a 700 front, and a rear 160 adapter..

gonzy
    Free Member

PSA – fail… 🙁

cp

worth the reminder though – they are a bargain!

cookeaa

As on previous PSA;

Got mine, swapped the levers without bother, Rear hose was long enough for my Missus 15″ frame, front was too short for her 100mm fork though so I ended up swapping the front for an older Deore brake off of my SS which has a longer hose.

Overall it was a net win but be prepared to change a hose or two (Still a bargain even if you do have to swap a hose IMO)…

Surprized they’re still flogging them, might get another pair for spares…

darkslider
    Free Member

Got my front brake through, as said my lever was the wrong way round but if you buy the pair you can swap them over! 🙂

iamroughrider
    Free Member

word of warning. Love the brakes. But i swapped my hoses over and gave them a proper outing the other day. Although I thought they were fine they deffo need a re-bleed. Not a problem as I have new hoses to go on anyway. I should add that I didn’t top up the resovour either which would probably help.

Speshpaul

nice reminder, keep up the good work;-)

eugeo81
    Free Member

They have gone up in price to £25 each now!

SprocketJockey
    Free Member

Doh! That’s just happened in the last hour or so….was poised to hit the buy button.

eugeo81
    Free Member

I had some in the cart too..! I was going to buy a set for my other bike as I was impressed with the first set I had.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘PSA – Shimano Deore Brakes BR-M486 reduced to £14.99 on CRC’ is closed to new replies.