Home Forums Bike Forum PSA – Ragley frames for £170

Viewing 40 posts - 441 through 480 (of 612 total)
  • PSA – Ragley frames for £170
  • markgoldstein
    Free Member

I’d like one hanger please!

alishand

Those hangers look incredible – I assume they are for a Big Al? If so, count me in if you have a spare!

cerrado-tu-ruido

Looks fantastic, I’ll have one.

GeForceJunky

Yes I believe it fits all Ragley ali and steel frames from 2019-2023. I will send out PMs when they are ready to anyone who has asked in this thread first. If they run out I can do another batch.

stevie750

I would like one , Thanks

serkuss

One hanger for me please

sing1etrack

I’ll take a hanger too please!

typer
    Free Member

Ooohh I’ll take a hanger too please, they look ace :)

sanchez89

Excellent use of a machining centre there! 6061 or 6082 grade?

nickfrog
    Free Member

They’re an absolute bargain at £149, just buy one at that price, you’ll be way more disappointed if you don’t and they sell out than if you do and they knock another tenner off.

Don’t worry I did buy one of the last 3 and will be building it next week with whatever PSA I have been collecting over the past weeks. It’s not my size and I already have a L but might give it to my son or sell in the spring, don’t know. Will update the thread.

mattrockwell
    Free Member

If there’s enough, I’d also like to buy a hanger. Please just let me know to price and how to order once they’re ready.

kermit4king
    Free Member

I would also love one of these. Any idea on price yet?

They look great!

GeForceJunky

6082 grade ali. Because I’ve been making them out of offcuts and scraps of metal it was easier to do them individually rather than out of larger blocks, so the process is quite slow as each one needs loading into and out of the machine’s vice three times. Had to buy a couple of taps as well, never made a hanger before. I’m thinking £16 each + £3 postage per order. Payment via Paypal Gift preferred or can do bank transfer.

borosilicate
    Free Member

Me too for a single hanger please.

seriousrikk

Those hangers look mint, pop me down for one please.
    Building the Marley as something that will probably get the crap kicked out of it, I forsee a future need :)

lucasshmucas

Please count me in for a hanger too. 

Gribs

I’d definitely like one too.

blastit
    Free Member

Best pop a hanger aside for me please

niel11
    Free Member

Seems very reasonable to me, let me know when you’re ready for payment!

All these orders for hangers and I bet we’ll still have them in our toolboxes in a couple of years :)

ljarch
    Free Member

I would take one if available thanks.

neilforrow

@Geforcejunky – would you be up for making another set for the reactor – I think a fair few have been sold and CRC don’t have spares either! I’d certainly have one. 

happy to post the one off the frame I got so you have a template. 

If not, no worries.

Cheers, Neil.

tomtomr

Current Reactor frame use a UDH. I think Pilo D1239 is the correct match for the models prior to this year (or at least thread pitch is correct and it looks the same as the Nukeproof replacement)

https://gearmechhanger.com/epages/950018694.mobile/en_GB/?ObjectPath=/Shops/950018694/Products/D1239&ViewAction=ViewProduct

winterhasarrived
    Free Member

Hanger for me please, assuming CRC send me a bike.  All quiet at the moment!

happybiker
    Free Member

Yes please. I have 2 Ragleys in the garage so I would love a spare too.

GeForceJunky

Photos of the finished hangers, fit feels fine. I’ll send out messages to the first 20 names on my list, I counted 28 though so will do another batch early next week and message the remaining people then. Check your inboxes shortly!

IMG_20231207_201217

IMG_20231207_201314

nickfrog
    Free Member

Thank you again. Looking forward to mine. As someone said, they look better than the original in black as you can see the machining, they look very trick. I’ll probably fit mine and keep the original as back up.

kermit4king
    Free Member

Different note but hanger related. Does anyone know how hard it would be to machine a sliding drop out to run a big Al single speed. No gears line up that well on mine and have a lot of slack that a simple tensioner is struggling with. Sliding drop outs would be amazing. 

Unfortunately I have zero competence in this area but thought I’d ask in case anyone has thought of this before.

Origin_Al

These look great as a serial hanger snapper can I be #29? Cheers Al

Kramer
    Free Member

I got (slightly sarcastically) awarded “best bling” for my Marley frame at our annual awards dinner tonight.

Saccades
    Free Member

Dies that hanger work for a nukeproof cub scout?

It looks right ..

GeForceJunky

It does look the same so I’m 99% sure it will be, I’ll add Saccades and Origin_AI to my list of people to email next week when I’ve made a few more. Whilst checking the fitment on my frame, its amazing how out of alignment the frame is with the hanger. The bit with the 3 bolts seems fine, but the bottom part of the slot the hanger fits into is completely on the piss compared to the top! Is anyone else’s like that, I don’t think it’s a problem, just strange!

Kermit4King – I don’t think it would be too hard to make a slotted dropout for both sides, with a sliding threaded insert on the driveside to use the existing axle (although slightly longer may be required). I’d want to keep the length down though, both to keep the leverage down on the bolts and otherwise you’d have disc alignment issues. I think -5 to +10 mm from the original position would be possible. However I’m not convinced it would clamp well enough to not slide. All the single speed setups I’ve run have used serrated axles and nuts clamping hard onto steel frames. Can anyone else comment on a traditional 12mm bolt through axle used on a singlespeed setup?

What is not working about your tensioner, should be simple to setup single speed with something like a Rolhoff tensioner.

GeForceJunky

Neither of the hangers fit straight on my frame:
    Collage_2023-12-09_08_59_49
    But ultimately I don’t think it matters as the axle aligns everything and it measures straight when the axle is done up. The hanger alignment seems good even though the frame seems to be on the piss and the angle the hanger is at relative to the frame does not change when tightened.
    IMG_20231209_085414

bobodaclown

@geforcejunky.

I’ll grab one as well for a cub scout.

Cheers 

bobodaclown

Deleted

nickfrog
    Free Member

Neither of the hangers fit straight on my frame:

Trade Description Act etc. How dare you?

😂

twonks

Terrific of Mr Junky to be offering these hangers.

I’ve just wondered about the strength of them compared with factory, as the hangers are designed to get damaged before the frame etc.

Wouldn’t want folks later having problems with chainstays and dropouts snapping because the hanger is so well built and failed to bend / snap.

nickfrog
    Free Member

True but then again if you break the original and can’t source a replacement then you can’t you the frame. Maybe drill through the GFJ hanger to make it weaker/sacrificial?

kermit4king
    Free Member

@GeForceJunky currently using a simple single wheel gusset that I was using on my old airdrop bitmap fine. It’s just skipping and jumping on the big Al. Chain line looks and measures spot on. I have borrowed a mates Rohloff to try and see if the extra tension solves the issue.

I’d love to not need a tensioner and run sliding dropouts. Was assuming I’d need to get a new axle to colt it through.

If you can make a set of them you can definitely have some of my wine/beer/pizza/bike part tokens.

🙂

chiefgrooveguru

“I’ve just wondered about the strength of them compared with factory, as the hangers are designed to get damaged before the frame etc.”

I know that used to be the case but with big 12 speed mechs needing serious precision for good shifting and putting high leverage into the hanger with their long cages, mech hangers have got much stiffer over the years to the point that I doubt they’re reliably sacrificial…

kermit4king
    Free Member

Ignore me of course. The brake mount is frame mounted and wouldn’t work. 

Viewing 40 posts - 441 through 480 (of 612 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.