Home Forums Bike Forum PSA Raceface on SportPursuit

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • PSA Raceface on SportPursuit
  • desperatebicycle

Raceface protection gear on there really cheap. eg. Ambush knee/shin pads for £34
    Nabbed some Indys for £22 … then noticed delivery is NOVEMBER! :lol:

munkyboy
    Free Member

how does the sizing work out – if I look at the guide its for tiny thighed people?

kimbers

the body armour seems very good price!

https://www.sportpursuit.com/catalog/product/view/id/3000963

howdoo
    Free Member

Thanks for the PSA, ordered some knee pads and trousers. Not really needed but they’re bargain prices after all.

desperatebicycle

how does the sizing work out

no clue. Maybe look on the Silverfish site, cos the one on SP is nonsense [L is bigger than L/XL??]
    I just went for L cos I’ve bought XL from other brands in the past and they’ve always been too big.

But hey, too small, I’ll ebay em for £59 or summink

el_boufador

Great PSA, keen prices if you don’t mind a wait. Ordered a back protector which I’ve been thinking about doing for a while.

Sizing is listed on the main raceface site

feed

Thanks for the PSA, that’s me sorted for Ambush knee pads (my go to knee pad) for the next 5+ years :)

colournoise

Wasn’t going to give any money to Ashley and his crew, but then remembered that’s Sports Direct!

Couple pairs of new pads and some riding trousers duly ordered. Cheers for the PSA!

z1ppy

Nice, ordered myself some updated ambush knee pads, Nov delivery is a little ways away.. so it’ll end up being a nice surprise, as I’ll have totally forgotten ordering them! :D

chakaping

Anyone tried the Indy trews?

Size guide says medium goes up to 32.5in, but large is bound to be too big for me

howdoo
    Free Member

Hi Chakaping – I’ve ordered the large Indy pants!, I’m a 33-34 waist, I can let u know how they fit my beer belly when they arrive.

desperatebicycle

…in November! :D

chakaping

Yeah, appreciate the offer but I think I’ll leave it :)

They are bound to be one of those where I’m between sizes

fathomer

@chakaping if it’s any help, I’ve got some Indy shorts that may or may not be the same as what’s being sold but they’re a medium and quite a small medium.

chakaping

Cheers @fathomer, do you like them?

Looks like they have a ratchet belt, so shouldn’t slip down annoyingly?

fathomer

They’re nice shorts and I’m tempted by the trews as well. However I hadn’t spotted the ratchet belt, my shorts don’t have that and they have faded a fair bit to a annoying grey!

desperatebicycle

noticed delivery is NOVEMBER!

Shipping notification just received, so that’s good, not having to wait another 2 months :)

howdoo
    Free Member

My RF trousers turned up last week.

Size large fit just right for a 34″ waist. Room for kneepads.

Used a few times already, bargain for £33

chakaping

Notification this morning that my trews and kneepads (which I’d forgotten about) are in the post.

Just in time for the return of muddy shin season.

Blazin-saddles

Pads are all here and… they’re all too small.  If anyone gets theirs and wants a swap shop I have

Ambush knee – size L would like XL

Indy Knee – size L would like XL

Charge – size XL would like XXL.

chakaping

Also got the large Ambush kneepads and they are a bit more snug than I’d like, but worth a try I reckon.

Loving the brown Indy trews, they fit really well and the front pockets are an interesting idea.

z1ppy

Unforunately I had a similar experience, the new style Ambush kneee pad don’t fit as well as the old ones. I went XL to match my old ones, need XXL supposedly, or simply the new design straps don’t fit as well.

I didn’t realise sendy knee pads were for kids! ?

@Blazin-saddles
    would you like the XL ambush pads, before I return them?

Blazin-saddles

Zippy – Thanks for the offer but looking how mine ‘fit’. I suspect that even the XL’s will be too small.

z1ppy

No worries, tbh it’s made me search out some old stock, as I think the straps position are better on the old model

el_boufador

Took delivery of the bits I purchased today (had them waiting with royal mail)

Went with Indy knee pads and the ruxton body armour, both in XL which is a size up from what I usually wear – I went off the size chart on the raceface website. They both fit perfectly and I’m well happy with the quality.

I also got some gloves and a bum bag – also both seem very good but they’re going in the cupboard to deploy as required in the future.

Top PSA – thanks

desperatebicycle

Strange that, I’ve gone for xl kneepads in the past which have been ok, so went for the Indy in L and they are spot on. First impressions I think they’ll be very comfortable to ride in.

kimbers

Also got the ruxton but dy armour, really happy
    Might have to start riding some big stuff to justify it

el_boufador

@kimbers – same! Thankfully they turned up after our Bike Park Wales visit last week. Gave me an excuse to chicken out of 50 shades of black that now won’t work next time

chakaping

I tried the Ambush kneepads on properly, and they fit much better once I realised how much the velcro flaps can be adjusted (underneath the cinch straps). Basically I was able to make them a fair bit looser.

Still got to try them in anger, but think they’ll be good.

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.