Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 149 total)
  • PSA – GX AXS Upgrade
  • shanner
    Free Member

The price for the gx axs upgrade kit is 315 euros. You need to sign in to r2bike with a uk account and you will see a price that is 0% vat.
    I’m not sure why you’re doubting me, I can see how much money has been taken out of my own account.

shanner
    Free Member

sorry i missed this! great jeez that is pretty cheap! did you use dhl or ups? i assume you just get a email or call to say to pay it? how exactly does that side of it work?

I used UPS. I received an email from them this morning saying I had taxes to pay. It provided a link to pay by card, I’ve paid and tracking says it due to be delivered tomorrow.

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

jeez calm down dude – im just asking a question – ive logged into my account but its coming in a 357 euros before shipping not 315 euros

im in the uk and logged in, yours must have been at a lower price when you ordered it, no biggy just going off the screen in front of me

shanner
    Free Member

Edit – sorry the price has went up! Just checked the OP link and see it’s now 357 euros. It was 315 euros when I ordered!

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

thats cool then its still cheaper but got to factor in a further £50 ish quid fees no problem no so much a bargain now but definitely a good price still for uk folk

J273
    Free Member

Yeah price has gone up , I paid 315 euros + 9.50 shipping with DHL through parcelforce.

I had to pay £70 import and received mine the other day.

Cheers OP, cheapest ive seen it.

Big-Bud
    Free Member

It always has worked like this for me
    Price shows 357 but leave the page open for all of a minute tops and it alters to 315 euros

Big-Bud
    Free Member

That shows you how many times I’ve almost bought it lol

benpinnick

Not quite as cheap but we set up a little trailhead store at Hamsterley and as part of our easter specials GX AXS is only £408. Collect only from the trailhead I’m afraid though (The store runs a separate P&L as it’s profit sharing to support the trail builders and it doesn’t ship stuff out). Anyone with FOMO can click and collect though.

https://www.hamsterley.bike/shop/easter-specials/89?page=1&limit=60&sort_by=category_order&sort_order=asc

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

Big-Bud
    It always has worked like this for me
    Price shows 357 but leave the page open for all of a minute tops and it alters to 315 euros

hmmmm tried that too doesn’t do anything for me i’ve tried on various web browsers but still just stays at 357 euros

DrP

If you already have a charger, you can put the items in individually:
    mech
    shifter
    battery
    and it’s 320 euro…

Or you can buy chargers/batteries off ebay..

DrP

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

good shout drp – i dont have a battery but still cheaper if i can find a cheap battery/charger on ebay or similar

DrP

Dual charger

This looks pretty good for the money… can pop a batteriny in there and have it as a protable charger too!

DrP

teethgrinder

@benpinnick

Don’t suppose you have 165mm or 170mm Hope cranks?

benpinnick

@teethgrinder, sorry no. The Hope stuff is parts we have left over from the factory that we’re sending to the RH store – its a bit patchy therefore.

teethgrinder

No worries. The 175mm ones are the cheapest I’ve seen, but they’re too long 🙁

benpinnick

Mis order I think 😉 They’ve been at the factory for ages as we don’t sell 175s

Tracey

@crossed

The longer Reverb AXS is now swapped out and fits The 125mm one will going up for sale at £475

Let me know if are interested

crossed

Thanks for that @tracey but I’ll give it a miss.
    I’ve found a 31.6mm 150mm drop post in stock so I’m going to go with that instead.

Tracey

Ok no problems

twonks

@Tracey Sorry for the slight hijack but, what diameter is your AXS Reverb please?

If it is 30.9, fancy a straight swap for an 3 ride old XO1 AXS upgrade kit? 🤣

Tracey

@twonks

Yes it’s a 2022 30.9 x 125mm.

If there is no damage to the rear mech derailleur then I’m up for it.

Do you have any photos of it

I’ve pmd you

DrP

I DO love STW sometimes!!!
    I wish I could arrange A HUGE STW “love in ride”! I’d say 99.9% of the people ehre are jsut wanting to help others out!!!

DrP

twonks

Hi Doc. Unfortunately I made a boo boo. Could have sworn the std Reverb on my hardtail was 120 but no, it’s 150, so the swap is off unless I can magic an extra 25mm from somewhere.

Dammit, I love axs reverbs.

DrP

Meh…. still…. we’re all beasties eh!

Did you see…I DID get a 170mm axs dropper! 😁😁

My stumpy is TOOO bling now!

DrP

Tracey

Ok it’s no problem. I could have made do with the 125 for the UK. Only swapped out for the Alps trips and the fact I could get a 170mm in.

twonks

I’m having a bit of a mare at the moment with my bling, as I’ve realised the only bit I really appreciate is the 170mm AXS reverb on the FS (Ripmo)

Apologies to Tracey as I genuinely thought I had 150mm on the FS and 120 on the HT and got excited for a minute there. Now I’ve measured both, 125mm will be too much of a compromise for the relative money I’d then have tied up in it.

Struggling to get on with the AXS gearing – as good as it is – and don’t really need a double sided power meter either.

Getting home to stats about gearing, pedalling efficiency, power used in what gear ratio for what time period etc etc is all interesting but way ott for what I actually need – which is simply to get out and have fun riding – I can use the indoor bike for stats galore.

Don’t really need a fully rigid carbon mtb either. Think a slap of reality is needed.
    If I’m truly honest, what I really need to do is sell some shit, stop eating pies and just ride more.

/topicswerveoff

crossed

If anyone’s looking for an AXS Reverb they’re discounted at Pro Bike Kit and they’ve got stock.

https://www.probikekit.co.uk/bicycle-saddles-seatposts/rockshox-reverb-axs-dropper-seatpost/12750035.html

The discount code VCUKSS gives you another £25 off and if you use Top Cash Back that bags you another £15 or so.
    They still aren’t cheap but I’ve not seen them cheaper in a very long time.

spyke85
    Free Member

The above trick should work on the groupset with ProBikeKit also

https://www.probikekit.co.uk/cycling-groupsets/sram-gx-eagle-axs-upgrade-kit/12953541.html

ta11pau1

Code expired on the 17th April.

spyke85
    Free Member

Use code JN21DSN01 and it will take it down to £419

northernremedy

Can anyone find a Reverb AXS in 170 31.6mm flavour? My reverb stealth (200) has borked itself.

tomhoward

Unlikely to be any in shops until July at least.

northernremedy

Yeah that’s what I’m finding. Bike discount is saying in a few weeks.

Kryton57

Can I ask; did everyone receive their kits, are they just 20% more on delivery? And how are they performing, all good?

ta11pau1

Also, these are back down to 330 euros, only about 15 euros than before.

I think you need to allow for about £70 extra in fees/import duty.

monkeyboyjc

I’ve bought the seperate controller / mech / battery from R2 yesterday among some other bits.

But ive split them out in sperate shipping/orders as I’ve found that the orders below £135 get through customs with no additional charge when shipped DHL/parcel farce and those over always have fees to pay. The ups shipping also always have fees no matter the value.

Kryton57

monkeyboyjc – I just did the maths on that using the R2 basket – additional DHL delivery for more items plus UK VAT only on the mech = £70 give or take, so not really any difference, what am I missing?

mahalo

I have had a bit of trouble with mine. but probably all user error?

first ride out the mech and shifter became unpaired… didnt twig it had become unpaired – assumed battery had gone so limped home. guess i will learn from that one…

another ride the battery did go! again obviously didnt charge it sufficiently but it was fully charged according to the charger and id ridden nowhere near the number of hours its suggests you can on a full battery – limped home… pissed me off that app doesnt warn you!?

and another ride it completely forgot its indexing and crunched and clunked its way round the lakes, fannied round with the settings but it killed my vibe enough to make me sack it off and limp home… stripped it, cleaned it, reset and reinstalled it and it was back to normal.

also lost the battery cage within 3 rides.

Apart from that, i do really like it!! hopefully those were just teething problems…

monkeyboyjc

You don’t get charged the handling fee or duty…. Everytime I’ve ordered under the £135 limit it turns up at my house after being cleared by customs with no charges. So if your ordering stuff around £100-135 margin it works out cheaper to pay the additional €7.50 postage than getting charged a parcel force handling fee….

Parcels over £135 automatically get the vat put back on anyway, Then the handling fee and duty.

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 149 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.