Viewing 29 posts - 121 through 149 (of 149 total)
  • PSA – GX AXS Upgrade
  • ta11pau1

You don’t get charged the handling fee or duty…. Everytime I’ve ordered under the £135 limit it turns up at my house after being cleared by customs with no charges. So if your ordering stuff around £100-135 margin it works out cheaper to pay the additional €7.50 postage than getting charged a parcel force handling fee….

Parcels over £135 automatically get the vat put back on anyway, Then the handling fee and duty.

Just working this out, it comes to exactly the same price either way, unless I’m doing it wrong?

Separately:

£210 for the mech (£170 plus 20% + fees)
    £115 for the battery & controller
    £35 for the charger

Comes to £360

Together:

£298 + 20% + fees = £365

Kryton57

Aha – it was the handling fee I’d missed. But its 1 x handling fit for the kit, but 1 x handling fee – for the mech only – if ordered separatly anyway. Yet with DHL as the higher of 2.5% or £11 I’m still not seeing the difference, I think the separate order plus 4 x postage fees add up to the difference.

Separately in Euros its:

-e350 total
    – 4 x e7.50 delivery
    – £32.20 vat for the mech
    – £11 Handling fee
    Total – £368.85

Or the kit is e331, + 7.50 + £56.6vat +£11 handling fee = £357.68

Happy for anyone to correct my maths!

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

got me tempted again – but as above can see no benefit of doing them all seperately, would be worth it if they had free postage but accounting for the 4 lots of postage its pointless

still very very very tempting

monkeyboyjc

Ok so…. Turns out I think I’ve not paid the vat on orders below 135 ?

I bought….

A set of MT5 on one order – was charged €133.55 Inc shipping

AXS controller €99.94 inc shipping

AXS mech and a bunch of other bits for €267.25

If I’d added all the items in the basket I was being charged the same amounts (but only one shipping fee)

The only one I’m 100% sure will be charged for duty and handling at customs will be the mech as that is over the €135.

I’ve had prob 5 parcels of smaller less value items from r2 this year with no additional fees. And one larger value item (a fork) that was charged so I’m taking a punt on multiple packages rather than one high value.

If it works out the same cost 🤷‍♂️

spyke85
    Free Member

ProBikeKit have dropped the price to £429 on the full AXS Upgrade kit

Axs Upgrade Kit

ta11pau1

Ok so…. Turns out I think I’ve not paid the vat on orders below 135 ?

Thats correct, under £135 and you don’t pay import vat.

monkeyboyjc

But it should be charged by the retailer…

tomhoward

You still pay vat, you just pay it to the retailer for HMRC to then go after them for it. (I.e it’s included in the price) That’s why loads of places had a minimum order of £135 at the beginning of this mess, they weren’t set up for the scheme. Some still aren’t, so don’t ship here.

Kryton57

still very very very tempting

Me too, but mines for race as well and the post above makes me nervous, I don’t want it crapping out on me mid race. But, it replaces a worn cable and outer and a bashed up 4yo GX so having the mechanical replacement price differential only to worry about makes it a contender

RichBowman

Get another £25 off the ProBikeKit deal if you use: MVCSS in the discount code box (makes it £404.99)

SuperScale20
    Free Member

Hi all looking at R2 option for complete set can anyone advise if additional charges are 4% + 20% vat or shall I expect to pay more. Thanks

Kryton57

Its plus 20% vat, choose DHL then its also plus £11 or £2.5% handling whichever is the greater.

monkeyboyjc

Total cost Inc DHL/parcel force shipping £291

+20% vat (£60approx)

+duty (should be about £5)

+£12 handling fee

So £368 approx.

If you choose ups shipping I’m not sure what the handling fee is but you get the item quicker as you can prepay the import duty and vat before it leaves Germany. I recently had to wait a week for the letter parcel force send out with a duty payment reference.

monkeyboyjc

So the first two of my three R2 orders are being delivered today. I think these are the two valued under £135. I’m waiting on the third larger order which includes the mech which I’m sure will have charges applied.

luket

Its plus 20% vat, choose DHL then its also plus £11 or £2.5% handling whichever is the greater.

So is there any difference between DHL and UPS on fees other than that shipping is charged at €7.50 DHL vs €12.50 UPS?

monkeyboyjc

There shouldn’t be any difference in charges- unless ups charges more for admin?

But ups can be far quicker than the DHL option as it swaps to parcel force in the UK and they send out a customs letter so you can pay the charges. I’ve waited 3weeks for the letter to arrive before. With ups you can pay the customs charges whilst the parcel is in Germany – I’ve had 3days door to door with them before.

luket

Fitted and one ride in. Just to say – I love it. After 2 years on 12s with the shifting/mesh varying between “just a shade out and I can’t quite fathom why” to “dog’s dinner”, I have now finally got a bike with a faultless feeling drivetrain. Admittedly, it’s not just the mech, I’ve changed other stuff too.

Personally I’m cool with the default shifter and which button does what. I like how it’s a bit of a thumb rest with up for up gears and down for down.

ta11pau1

I’m still undecided on the button, I have my levers quite flat and as there’s no adjustment on the Hope MMX adapter, I end up pressing on the ‘point’ of the upper paddle to shift.

Off out for a ride now so will give it some more time before I change to the new rocker paddle.

iainc

Arrived yesterday, fitted this afternoon 😁. I do feel rather decadent having AXS on both my MTBs but what the hell ! 🤪

ta11pau1

Nearly 4 hours and 321 shifts later (the AXS desktop app is sooo nerdy!) – I think I’m happy with the standard rocker, only had a couple of wrong way shifts.

nopunk
    Free Member

Re. With the hope mount

The upgraded paddle is better imo. I also 3d printed a new adaptor with more angle, but couldn’t get it stiff enough compeared to aluminium. Got used to the original now.

nopunk
    Free Member

3d printed mount

luket

Nearly 4 hours and 321 shifts later

I need this kind of data in my life.

Heads off to wrestle with apps for Garmin watch, SRAM….

crossed

Quick question about the GX AXS kit…

Does it play nicely with Shimano 12 speed MTB cassettes?

I’m looking at using AXS with an XT 10-45 cassette but don’t want to buy stuff if it’s not compatible.

luket

Mine is on a Garbaruk 10-52 cassette which is Microspline so I think shimano spacing, and it replaced a shimano mech. It works perfectly on that.

crossed

Perfect, thanks for that.

Blazin-saddles
    Free Member

I use mine on 12s SLX 10-51, it’s perfect.

honourablegeorge

crossed

Quick question about the GX AXS kit…

There’s a whole article in Bike magazine on how great AXS is with Shimano cassette and chain.

https://www.bikemag.com/gear/components/drivetrain/a-mismatch-made-in-heaven-xtr-axs/

Viewing 29 posts - 121 through 149 (of 149 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.