Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 149 total)
  • PSA – GX AXS Upgrade
  • honourablegeorge
    julians
    Free Member

Nice,but the website says they won’t deliver to the UK.

bruneep

julians
    Free Member

It definitely did say they won’t deliver to UK, but now it says they will.

chrisdw
    Free Member

Expect VAT to be added on though

alan1977
    Free Member

all about the cookies, accept them and refresh

ta11pau1

Works out about £335 after tax, charges, delivery.

honourablegeorge

Mine has shipped. I did not need this but couldn’t turn it down at the price.

ta11pau1

Mine has shipped. I did not need this but couldn’t turn it down at the price.

I must say it is bloody tempting…

I don’t need it either, I mean I’ve just fitted a new cable to my rear mech!

Kryton57

Hells bells, with my wobbly GX mech being raced on Sunday……. This could be a replacement!

fooman

During lock down you would have paid more for standard GX, if you could have even found then!

DrP

hmm..that site has an AXS revery 31.6 in 170mm guise.. looking at online VAT calcs it’ll be £540 all in..
    Not bad, but not in stock..

Hmmm…

DrP

v7fmp

any chances of less duties/fee’s or a smoother transaction between DHL and UPS?

ta11pau1

hmm..that site has an AXS revery 31.6 in 170mm guise.. looking at online VAT calcs it’ll be £540 all in..
    Not bad, but not in stock..

Hmmm…

DrP

Grumble grumble… 200mm… grumble grumble.

Sort it out SRAM.

Kryton57

So GX 12sp is available at £110-£130. A nice to have, but 2.5x the price and +150g for racing…. Not for me this time.

Hey DrP, I have a 31.6 Veyron I don’t use 🙂

Tracey

Ive just been looking at the Reverb AXS on it. My new bike to me that I collected last week came with full AXS. The Reverb had been swapped out for a 125mm and have been thinking it may need to have a bit longer drop. At the price they are its a big outlay and part of me thinks I should run it and see how it goes. I could always swap out for a cable one that I have spare for the Alps trips.

DrP

@tracey

Would it be cheaper for us if we did a combined buy??
    I guess there’s VAT, but also handling fees etc could be a pain?

I’ve a 150mm dropper on my Stumpy at the mo – i couldn’t use a 200mm even if they did one, but 170 would be sweet.
    Also… I’ve got AXS gears, so…you know…!

DrP

z1ppy

v7fmp
    Free Member
    any chances of less duties/fee’s or a smoother transaction between DHL and UPS?

Going by my last UPS delivery.. I’ll be using Hermes/Evri from now on & no it extremely doubtful you’ll won’t get away with no customs charges

Tracey

I have a 150mm on my old Levo as I couldn’t get a 170mm in it. The Enduro has a 170mm in it. Both X Fusion. I’m not sure if I can get a 170mm AXS in the new Levo and no way of trying before buying. Its a big expense if I buy the wrong one. I’m also not sure how resalable the 125mm one would be to recouped some of the costs. I am sure that I wouldn’t have bought a new bike with any AXS but this was too good a price to miss.

DrP

I’m not sure if I can get a 170mm AXS in the new Levo

I know what you mean… I’d love to jam a normal post in as far as it’ll go to test…but it’s a huge faff to remove a NON AXS dropper¬!!
    Maybe I really should find the maximum insert length!

DrP

v7fmp

you wont regret getting a Reverb AXS. I have a 170mm on my Norco Optic. Its awesome.

@z1ppy
    – i was thinking more along the lines of ‘handling fees’ and if they release the goods then invoice you or dont release until you have paid the duties.

intheborders
    Free Member

but it’s a huge faff to remove a NON AXS dropper¬!!

All you’ve to do is undo the dropper lever off the bars and feed the cable through the frame enough until the post will pop out…

DrP

OK..it’s a faff to remove and then immediately refit the dropper purely to ascertain the max insertion depth..! 😉
    I could slide it out, and insert a steel rule i suppose…

DrP

appltn

Slight tangent but I messaged https://archercomponents.com yesterday to ask if they were planning a retrofit wireless dropper kit a bit like what they have for cable mechs and they said that yes they were working on it but don’t have a release date yet.

Personally I’d love to make my 240mm OneUp wireless and to hide all of the extra bits down at the bottom of the seat tube. The only downside I can see is that you’d have to take the post out to charge it.

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

Would have been tempted, but my three local guinea pigs have all had endless AXS issues, so I’m sticking to cables 😆

swanny853

Would have been tempted, but my three local guinea pigs have all had endless AXS issues, so I’m sticking to cables

I’d probably consider that a capybarrier to ownership too.

sv

If you know somebody in Northern Ireland have it shipped there and then forwarded on by them.

julians
    Free Member

Would have been tempted, but my three local guinea pigs have all had endless AXS issues, so I’m sticking to cables

What issues have they had?

Mines been flawless since I got it a year ago , been used in all conditions too.

frogstomp

Cheers for the PSA.

Worth also noting that the individual components are discounted too so you can buy without the charger / battery if you already have them. In my case I’ve just ordered a derailleur for my hard-tail and will switch the shifter over as required.

iainc

@tracey, when I swopped the oem Spesh dropper to AXS I had to go from 150 to 125 due collar and stack height.. The 150 was almost slammed, the 125 has about 5mm spare, for same bb to saddle rail dimension.

Tracey

Thanks. I have 85mm from the top of the seat post to the bottom of the collar.
    First job once I get round to it is to see how much of the post I can get in, hopefully slammed to the collar. Then find some measurements of the different AXS lengths and do some calculations to see if it will fit. Ideally I would like to do away with the shim at the same time.

thegeneralist
    Free Member

All you’ve to do is undo the dropper lever off the bars and feed the cable through the frame enough until the post will pop out…

No he doesn’t. He still can’t insert another post until he’s removed the cable.

I’d probably consider that a capybarrier to ownership too

Arf:-)
    Or should that be snuffle….

argee

AXS is a lovely idea, i just have had too many mech breakages in the last two years to do it just yet.

Would love the seatpost though, save all the hassle, but it’s between 600 and 700 quid, looks like i’ll be fettling the wire and snagging in the frame a while longer!

When are Fox coming round to wireless, they must have something in the pipeline?!

twonks

I’ve just got round to fitting my XO1 AXS today, as mentioned in a post a few weeks back.
    That seemed to be a bit of a ‘too good to be true’ deal too – from BikeInn, although it turned up two days later and no further duty etc.

If the GX is anywhere near as easy to set up and precise to use (it will be), I’d thoroughly recommend it.

Have the AXS reverb to go with it and although clearly don’t need such extravagance, they do function seamlessly.

Stevelol
    Free Member

Caved, literally fitted a warranty gx mech today, haven’t ridden it yet, but bikes are cool, and electronic shifting is cool, so **** it 😂

Big-Bud
    Free Member

Seriously tempting even when vat and duties added

Kryton57

Well, my wobbly 4yo raced and bashed GX gave up the ghost today ending up mangled in my rear wheel.

Its a sign, right? 😀

simondbarnes

Its a sign, right? 😀

To ditch it all and fit shimano? Yes.

Kryton57

Tell me about it, I thought for £130/£330 it was worth another tinker, and managed to fix it with some bending and lower limit screw adjustment (it was actually mangled). Of course, with SRAM this then means B gap adjustment and the very fickle cable tension.

Anyway. all good now so thats saved some cash.

twonks

Just had the first ride with AXS gearing (around Cannock @Kryton57 – watched some of the racers and they looked in pain).

Whilst the shifting is crisp and great, when under pressure and needing to grab either higher or lower gears, I always cocked it up and went the wrong way.

Not sure what is going on but, I instinctively push with my thumb to make it easier and pull with finger over the bars to drop down. The previous XTR 12 sp with X01 rear mech I had working like butter and tempted to go back.

Will have a go moving the AXS lever and look at the button settings to see if I can get it any more intuitive.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 149 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.