Home Forums Bike Forum PSA: Bontrager XR/SE tyres

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • PSA: Bontrager XR/SE tyres
  • scotroutes

These tyres regularly get a few recommendations on here. They are currently on offer at SportPursuit, including the increasingly rare 29×3.0 option.

Other Bontrager items too, shoes, gloves, etc

https://www.sportpursuit.com/sales/bontrager-sep24?sp_nav=ct-5.ev-27748.

Kryton57

Someone please tell me the XR3 is worse than a Barzo for XC cornering grip….

citizenlee
    Free Member

I had the XR4s in 29×2.6 and wouldn’t be in any rush to buy them again, even at a heavily discounted price.

Saying that, if anyone in Aberdeen wants a set that have done less than 100 miles you’re free to take them off my hands for nowt.

Yak

XR3 is semi-slick with some ok side knobs. It would have to be the middle of a dry summer to run one up front. Good on the back with a xr4 up front, again if dry. For xc a barzo is better 95% of the time.

qwerty
    Free Member

I’ve run XR3 front and rear all summer on my Carbonda 110/100mm FS, great tyres, I’ll be putting an XR4 on the front soon.

Yak

I had an se5 on the rear for a bit. Was pretty good as an all round rear, but it suddenly deformed one day and was rubbing the stays. If they don’t do that any more then they are a decent trail rear tyre.

ajantom

£25….bargain for a proper 29+ tyre!

belugabob
    Free Member

I don’t have a login for sports pursuit but, if they have any Bonty tyres in 26 inch size, I might be tempted.

(I very much doubt it, though, unless the found some old stock from somewhere)

desperatebicycle

Nope, no 26ers.

tuboflard

Thanks, have ordered 2 of the 29 x 3.0 XR4’s. Never ridden them but given my recently deceased Teravails are £70 each it’s a gamble I’m prepared to take.

matt_outandabout

Thankfully the wrong size for me..

Must not spend.

Must not spend

Must not spend

belugabob
    Free Member

Nope, no 26ers

Thanks for save Ng me the bother

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.