Home Forums Bike Forum Phone holder that fits into Garmin mount

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Phone holder that fits into Garmin mount
  • molgrips
    Free Member

Anyone seen anything?

I have a Garmin out in front mount, and when Zwifting I want to put my phone on it instead of my Garmin.

molgrips
    Free Member

Nice find ta – and that’s a cool site. I don’t want anything permanently stuck to my phone, obvs, but I could stick it to another holder or device of some kind.

dc2.0

Just buy a cheap phone case and stick it to that. That’s what I did for exactly the same use case (no pun intended) as you have.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

As above, stick on mount. I put mine on a cheap case off ebay which added another £3.

prawny

These look good too

KOM Cycling Garmin Edge Universal Phone Adapter Attach Your Smartphone to Any Garmin Bike Mount – Garmin Quarter Turn Phone Mount Adhesive Adapter … https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B076P316M8/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_k7qGEb6YM4JW0

Slightly longer spine so should support the length of the phone better. I saw these on DC Rainmakers site. Not got one yet though, still agonising over whether to get another quadlock case, because they’re brilliant

igm

QuadLock. Not cheap (by any stretch) and not actually a Garmin mount – but very very good.

Shop Ride

molgrips
    Free Member

Just buy a cheap phone case and stick it to that.

I did think this but I’d be worried about swapping case 3 or 4 times a week. Eventually something’s going to break or get damaged. Plus it’s not that easy to do since I already have a case. I’d rather have something like one of those silicone ones that strap around the outside but they don’t have Garmin mounts.

I do however have a spare one of those magnetic phone holders where you put the metal piece inside the case and I could stick the magnet to the Garmin adapter. Oh, but that would probably bugger up wireless charging…

Re Quadlock, I don’t want any old phone mount, I want one that fits into the Garmin mount that’s already on my bike.

Rubber_Buccaneer

Just ordered something from 76 Projects mentioned up there.  They do have some useful looking stuff but I’ve just gone for a couple of stick on Garmin mounts for now. Check out Pinned TV on YouTube and you may just find a handy discount code

mikesbikes71
    Free Member

I use a cheap eBay male quarter turn adapter. I stuck a Velcro disk (£2 coin size) on it and the other disc stuck on the back of the phone case.
    Yes you have a bit of Velcro more or less permanently attached to you phone case but it’s reasonably unobtrusive and can be removed when no longer using.
    I even use this mounting system outside and find it more secure than other systems as the Velcro pairing gives it a natural flex and suspension.

eskay

Just watch out for sweat if you have it mounted on your bars.

This is a possible solution but watch out for max phone size:

https://www.leisurelakesbikes.com/28886/products/tacx-sweat-cover-for-smartphone.aspx

cheers_drive

Hi, Rob from 76 Projects here.
    Just to let you know that we’re donating £2.50 to MIND for every Smartphone adaptor we sell.
    And the Pinned discount does not apply to these mounts.
    Cheers

Rubber_Buccaneer

Hi @cheers_drive hope you didn’t mind me mentioning the pinned discount.  Despatch appears to be pretty quick too, had an email first thing

molgrips
    Free Member

Just watch out for sweat if you have it mounted on your bars.

Out in front mount, so it’s clear even though I am a sweaty bastard.

@cheers_drive
    love the shop – but how about a mount that clips on rather than sticks?

jimdubleyou

Yeah, something like this

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07BTCFQ8C/ref=emc_b_5_t

with a garmin mount on the back would be good for me…

Muke
    Free Member

Sounds like a nice little project for an enterprising STW forumite with access to his works 3d printer, anybody up for the challenge ?

cheers_drive

hope you didn’t mind me mentioning the pinned discount

Of course not, to be honest, I had overlooked that discount being applied to the phone mount. The MIND donation and discount together it just means for that particular item things get a bit tight but long as we cover our costs we’re happy.

but how about a mount that clips on rather than sticks?

There is a huge amount of variables for a clip-on design to attach to the phone, by using an adhesive one in can stick to most commercially available cases for a particular phone which is going to much neater and more cost effective. The adaptor is very low profile so still fits in your pocket fine or you can stick it to a case that’s just for the adaptor.

DrP

DrP watches with interest… though my out front mount is between my aero bars, so i’d need something i could twist in, THEN clip the phone too!!!

DrP

gaviscon
    Free Member

If it’s just for Zwift/indoor riding this will probably do it.

https://zwift.com/uk/shop/product/iomount-convert

As far as I can tell the magnet is the same kind that you would use on one of those car dashboard mounts. These can be slipped between the case and the phone so no need to stick anything to the phone.

cheers_drive

though my out front mount is between my aero bars, so i’d need something i could twist in, THEN clip the phone too!!!

Or one of these

richardk
    Free Member

I looked at these a while ago, the cheap adapters from Amazon/eBay are just that – cheap.  Out of 2 ordered, one broke, the other didn’t work that well (stuck on an old phone case). They are also about 30 day delivery for most of them

I ended up getting a custom 3D printed case from RaceWare.  UK made, turned up in a few days, and so far (5 months use) a really good investment (yep, much higher price than the stick on adapters).  I leave my phone in that case all the time, the mount is quite slim so doesn’t impact sticking the phone in jeans pockets.

Mine is built to hold the phone in landscape mode as portait wouldn’t work for Sufferfest videos.

The adapter on 76 Projects didn’t come up in my search, I’d have tried that one first if it did.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Phone holder that fits into Garmin mount’ is closed to new replies.