Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 350 total)
  • PEAKS POOTLE: June 12th, Cakes, Tandems and a bit of a chat
  • midlifecrashes

I’ll probably come over the Snake and drop down, heading from Doncaster so could come over Winnats instead.

Bunnyhop

I’m thinking they’ll be something open in Castleton. Or you could try ringing a local B&B and see if they’ll fit you in for a breakfast only.

hora
    Free Member

I’d love a lift (from South Manchester) if anyone is going from my way? 🙂

spacehopper

ooo another donny based rider…!

im coming from the G/F’s house in leeds though this weekend…

ill be the nervous looking ginger one… that should have been on a green meta 5 but due to rear shock issues will be on the light blue inbred instead..!

gordy2
    Free Member

Hi all, Room for an oldie if your not going too fast.

Pook

I’m going to need a calculator to count this!

nbt

Sadly, Rosie’s only opens at 10am,

http://www.rosiesinhayfield.com/

Ok if you just want to grab a bacon sarnie and coast down to the meeting point though!

You might want to give them a call and see if they might feed you a bit earlier? If you do, let them know there’s a group ride and more people might be interested in calling in

If you come over the snake pass you’ll go through the middle of Glossop to get to Hayfield – there’ll be something open there, even if it’s one of the chains

sambob
    Free Member

Jen’s diner (burger van) on the road between Glossop and Hayfield is surprisingly tasty, and fairly cheap. So difficult to ride past when riding up that road 🙁

BadlyWiredDog

Jen’s diner (burger van) on the road between Glossop and Hayfield is surprisingly tasty, and fairly cheap. So difficult to ride past when riding up that road

I ride past it every time, no problem whatsoever, I can honestly say it has never occurred to me to partake of her dubious-looking fare… plus it seems to be a bit random as to whether she’s there or not. There’s the van at the car park up towareds Kinder Res, again, no idea when she fires up the grill.

I don’t know what’ll be open in Glossop at that time on a Sunday tbh, there’s the caff on the left just a bit along from where you turn left at the traffic lights in the middle of Glossop, that might be open. There’s a caff in the Co-Op by the station, but that won’t be open until ten. I didn’t know there were any ‘chains’, there’s Costa on the High Street, that might be open if you’re feeling cosmopolitan.

I’d offer you coffee and croissants chez moi, but I think I’m going to ride over to Hayfield, so I probably won’t be there. Er, I’ll see if I can think of any other options. Saucer of milk and some sardines maybe.

Oh, could people stop saying how slow they are, please. It’s not an inverse race yer know…. The deal with these things is that they are prodigiously mellow. Unless you’re actually going backwards, you won’t be too slow ime…

sambob
    Free Member

I find it hard though BWD. I like food. Therefore riding past food is rather difficult.

Naranjada
    Free Member

Fab! I Just spotted this …I’ll do my best to be there. Might have Zoe with me too.

BadlyWiredDog

I find it hard though BWD. I like food. Therefore riding past food is rather difficult.

That was my point, I like food. Which is why I’d rather ride past. Rosie’s is very pleasant though 🙂

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

i might turn up

could well be at my parents on sat night. might ride up from chinley station and then depart in the hope valley to return to the parents. is there a route plan?

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

ah, trains no good

thepodge
    Free Member

what kind of tech level are we looking at?

my girlfriend is the sort of person who manages most of the Peak fine but walks down the beast so if there is a lot of similar tech then we might make other plans

sambob
    Free Member

Most of the stuff around Hayfield is easier than the beast. The only one that might not be is Far Phoside, but i’ve never ridden that.
    Edit: Fair point BWD.

nbt

By “chains” I meant Costa. And the Bugger King up behind Tesco

Route plan TBA but generally similar to the “Hayfield Orbital” with some allowance for faffage and general sociability. We won’t be going over to the Hope Valley, but some kind soul might pick you up at Ashopton Sawmill if that doesn’t put you off

nbt

terrain round hayfield mostly like whinstone lee torr, with a bit of pin dale now and again

BadlyWiredDog

my girlfriend is the sort of person who manages most of the Peak fine but walks down the beast so if there is a lot of similar tech then we might make other plans

She’ll be fine, there’s nothing comparable to that around Hayfield unless you go off piste. The only rocky stuff, really, is the little drop into Rowarth, the thing down to Phoside is a bit rutted, but there’s nothing frightening on it. It’s mostly standard issue Peak riding.

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

might ride over, 16 miles from my folks to Hayfield over Hope Cross, Jacobs Ladder

would make for something of an epic.

hmmmmmmm……..

BadlyWiredDog

By “chains” I meant Costa. And the Bugger King up behind Tesco

There’s a Subway now as well, but I can’t imagine it’ll be open at 9 o’clock on Sunday, oh, and it’s a KFC behind Tesco, unfortunately. I’m off to buy milk, I browse caffs en route 🙂

thepodge
    Free Member

Cool, Sounds like she’ll be fine then.

I’ve not ridden that side of the Peak so was a little unsure what it was like

hp_source

Just spotted this – and reckon I’m in if I can shift this weird achey bunged up thing I’m currently sporting.

Keith

tollah
    Free Member

Now then, which Ego Chariot to bring!?? SS, HT or FS? Arghhhh

marsdenman
    Free Member

Just spotted this – and reckon I’m in if I can shift this weird achey bunged up thing I’m currently sporting.

Keith

Keith – i’ll be driving, and heading directly past yours – let me know if you could use a lift.
    Chris

sambob
    Free Member

Anyone going through Whaley Bridge fancy making a very slight detour to give me a lift? Ta very much if anyone can help.

GRAEMEJONES

Sambob, I’ll be coming that way, drop me a mail ( in profile ) with your address, not a problem . I’ll get back to you when I get home from work tomorrow tea-time

mikeclarke
    Free Member

hi folks just found this sounds great, Im at a loss as what to do this weekend or well i was… Can i join you all.
    TO POOK – are you riding on the fri and sat also as your camping in edale if so could i join you if possible plus which campsite you staying at as ill come up friday and camp over as i live in worcs. look forward to meeting you guys

mike

OH as ill be there on friday anyone free to bike on friday afternoon or sat morning ridden twice in the Peaks but always up for some new trails

Pook

I’ll now be coming from sheffield – there was a threat I’d be camping in Edale the night before but I’ve managed to get out of it!

mikeclarke
    Free Member

Pook – no worries which campsite were you gonna stay at or can you recommend any?

Pook

I’d recommend Coopers in Edale old chap – but there’s a jazz festival on the night before there so it might be busy. That’s why I was going to be camping.

Jazz. Nice.

Any pootlers want to go the night before I’ll be there

sambob
    Free Member

Cheers Graeme. Will mail you now with directions as post code doesn’t quite get you here.

amodicumofgnar

No jazz in the Field this year they’ve gone folk instead – tickets available on the gate, apparently the field takes 3000 so no danger of selling out. Not pootling but will be in the folking in the field.

GRAEMEJONES

That’ll do nicely !

Bunnyhop

my girlfriend is the sort of person who manages most of the Peak fine but walks down the beast

Podge – I’ve been mtbing for nearly 13 years and also walk down most of the beast. In my book there is no shame in walking down (or up for that matter) anything.

Pook

Folking hell.

thepodge
    Free Member

no shame at all, just not too much fun if you’re the only walker

marsdenman
    Free Member

no shame at all

better a slow walk down than a fast drive to A&E….
    better a walk up then carry on riding, than not getting out at all…

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

is that the bluegrass festival

i’ve been very very very very high at the Edale Bluegrass festival

ah those hazy school days 😆

it’s not the bluegrass festival, but looking into it, my brother and sister went to school with one of the headline act

funkynick

Sorry to make your problems with numbers even worse Pook, but I might be able to turn up for this one now…

:o)

Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 350 total)

The topic ‘PEAKS POOTLE: June 12th, Cakes, Tandems and a bit of a chat’ is closed to new replies.