Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 350 total)
  • PEAKS POOTLE: June 12th, Cakes, Tandems and a bit of a chat
  • Jamie
    Free Member

BadlyWiredDog

No way is my cat riding in some poncey full susser. I’ll do you a deal, get yourself a Tiglet ordered and the cat will bring you a nice can of tasty Whiskas.

Oh, can I just say – since it seems to be de rigeur on this thread – that I’m really, really slow. NBT will sign an affadavit to that effect, and I’ll be hobbling along at the rear pushing my bike on anything which isn’t horizontal tarmac… 😉

[Edit: nice moggy, those bars are on the wide side though. Have a look for some of the new feline-specific stuff that’s coming out]

nbt

I’m going to ensure that anyone who claims to be slow actually is slow by either removing bits from bikes, or breaking limbs.

The point isn’t how slow you are – the point is that if you want go go fast, you’ll either have to wait for the slower riders, or bugger off and do your own antisocial thing. This is a social ride for social riders. We’ll even accept calderdale types, if they can bear to leave The Valley

BadlyWiredDog

This is a social ride for social riders. We’ll even accept calderdale types, if they can bear to leave The Valley

Aren’t they confined there by a powerful magnetic forcefield that acts on their niche, long-travel steel-framed, hardtails with 2.5mm Super Tacky Swampthings front and rear?

I heard rumours that one or two escaped by accidentally building Mmmmplops or worrever they’re called, but were dragged back by fear at not being surrounded on all five sides by serried banks of stone steps… The Steps of Death, The Steps of Nausea, the Steps of Psychosis, the Steps of Niche, the Steps of Steps, that sort of thing?

I heard tell that many of them are now incapable or riding up or down a uniform slope. Just saying 😉

Bunnyhop

Lol @ Jamie – that is indded BWD’s cat, it’s the same (rather bloated size) colour and spec.

Tiglet, can’t seem to find a small one to test ride.

We may not have the ‘steps of death’, however, we do have the ‘field of doom’, leading to the roots of hell.

BadlyWiredDog

Lol @ Jamie – that is indded BWD’s cat, it’s the same (rather bloated size) colour and spec.

Oh purleeze, my cat wouldn’t be seen dead on a shonky bike like that, he only rides custom ti… 😉

Roots of Doom?

Gary blurry cos he’s much too fast enough…

sambob
    Free Member

Angry bike = Cross bike = CX bike. Simples.

justme
    Free Member

Can we clarify what day it is only someone said sat (as the pootles usually are if I recall correctly)but june 12th is a sun?
    Wouldn,t mind a look down if its a sun – I work sat’s
    g

slowrider
    Free Member

This may be the first pootle where im not massively overbiked. Unless the zesty breaks and I have to bring the operator…

sambob
    Free Member

You weren’t overbiked on your Sovereign. I think it’s a sunday for a reason as some people couldn’t attend any of the saturday pootles due to work/family commitments.

slowrider
    Free Member

Dual ply tyres front and rear, 160mm fork and 33lb weight? I’d say that was overkill for a pootle!

sambob
    Free Member

True, but you don’t pootle on the downs so i think it’s forgivable.

tollah
    Free Member

Count us in I’ll bring a camera to make sure there’s some mincing going on.

Pook

It’s Sunday cos I’m free.

slowrider
    Free Member

milkman100
    Free Member

newcomer, but would like to come along

cheers
    craig

Sandwich

Oh well I’ll have to miss this one as I’m 7 Stanes bound. Maybe at the next one>

Pook

Thanks for that Captain Peacock

😉

JohnnyPanic

Looks like you’ve gaffer taped Garfield to that bike !!!
    Has he developed opposable thumbs yet? 🙂
    [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h6CcxJQq1x8[/video]

singlespeedstu

tollah – Member

Count us in I’ll bring a camera to make sure there’s some mincing going on.

I’m out then.

Unless it snows and wokboy doesn’t turn up again. 😉

We might be able to talk another tandem team into coming aswell.
    We’ll be able to have some full on tandem trail jostling then.

Pook

tandem jousting. That’d be ace.

popartpoem
    Free Member

I’ve just shown that picture to my cat & made the point that there are friendly and cooperative cats out there, that like to do stuff instead of sleeping 97% of the time … she didn’t look convinced & went back to sleep!

I’ll be turning up without the cat :mrgreen:

nbt

Can I jst point out that I *hadn’t* mentioned tandems to pook, I was planning to drive there then I could get drunk and be driven home

Pook

how does a tandem affect that plan?

slowrider
    Free Member

3rd page and hora hasn’t put in an appearance yet?

sambob
    Free Member

NBT could stoke on the way home, therefore eliminating the need for any rational thought.

Pook

He’ll be looking at this but steadfastly sticking to his ‘no STW in summer’ rule

He’s ‘injured’ apparently too.

marsdenman
    Free Member

It being a Sunday means I cannot pull the ‘working Saturday’ excuse.
    My book of crap excuses is empty.
    Therefore I will get out and ride me bike a bit so, I plan to see you all on the 12th 🙂

nbt

Winner, will Mrs Marsdenman be playing out too? Haven’t seen you two in ages!

stilltortoise
    Free Member

I’m going to an awesome rock concert* on that day, so won’t have time for a pootle first.

*Take That, obviously only because the missus wanted to go 😳

nbt

I wanted to go to see Take That but I’m not paying ^) plus fees per ticket, and definitely not for two of us.

tollah
    Free Member

Rolls eyes at Stu againnnnn.

skiprat
    Free Member

You had me at ‘Peaks’….i’m in.

marsdenman
    Free Member

@nbt – hello mate – just me i’m afraid – Mrs MM has not really ridden since her ‘off’ on the commute late last year – need to get her out again at some point – or sell her baby ‘bred to fund my lust for change 😉

Looking forward to making a fat fool of meself, catching up with you both and meeting that lot up there ^^^^ on the 12th 😉

Pook

Shaping up to be a biggie!

slowrider
    Free Member

You dead today chris? I am!

Pook

Not feeling too bad to be honest – legs and stomach a bit achy but I’m not dead! I’ll feel worse later I reckon. Email not working for me btw

Bunnyhop

I’m not sure we’ll be on the tandem. The trails around Hayfield are technical in places, and even though all doable on a tandem, I’d feel happier in control of my own bike.

Don’t be put off though other tandemists 🙂

midlifecrashes

Do you mind if I join in?

Question though, is there anywhere in Hayfield I can get breakfast?

Bunnyhop

There is a cafe on Kinder road ( Rosies tea room), not sure what time it opens.
    Which way are you coming in?

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 350 total)

The topic ‘PEAKS POOTLE: June 12th, Cakes, Tandems and a bit of a chat’ is closed to new replies.