Viewing 40 posts - 241 through 280 (of 350 total)
  • PEAKS POOTLE: June 12th, Cakes, Tandems and a bit of a chat
  • tollah
    Free Member

Does this mean the next ride we go on we won’t have keep laughing at you throwing your pump/tube/wheel into a hedge.

Yes, I hope so 😉

I may bring trail Sushi if I get time to make some.

Bunnyhop

I’ll be riding an all singing, all dancing, skills compensator 😳

sambob
    Free Member

So will i. And mine has a new rear wheel to ensure i can live up my reputation of being super awesome with a hint of gnar.

BadlyWiredDog

😕

sambob
    Free Member

You can’t disagree bwd, it’s true. You’ve seen my skills. Crashing is my forte.

slowrider
    Free Member

Looks like I can come after all. anyone want to share a car from Notts?

popartpoem
    Free Member

I put diesel in my petrol car today & screwed the engine 😳 it has been towed to the garage – hopefully it’s not terminal

If the significant other is able to rearange her plans for tomorrow (I’m in full begging mode at the moment), I’ll still be coming along in her car … fingers crossed.

marsdenman
    Free Member

decisions, decisions, do I make Lemon (or Lime or even, Orange) drizzle cake or, mars bar cake…. mmm

nbt

D’uuuh

ALL of them, course!

Pook

I’ve heard the weather is going to be interesting…

Jamie
    Free Member

I’ve heard the weather is going to be interesting…

I have heard it’s gonna rain it’s ass off…..

sambob
    Free Member

Please please please don’t tell me you need to borrow the CX bike tomorrow Jamie. If it does rain like it did today, bring your inflatable dolphins people.

amodicumofgnar

MWIS giving a faffing will be punished forecast but doesnt look to bad in the morning. I’m still not out to play.

BadlyWiredDog

MWIS is hilariously random and pessimistic at the same time. I used to rate it, but the amalgamation of the Peak and Dales forecasts is retarded – anyone with half a brain knows conditions can be totally different in the two areas. But anyway, the Met Office mountain forecast says much the same, dry start turning to grimness in the afternoon 🙂

midlifecrashes

Any idea how long we’ll be out for, all morning, all day, all week? Thinking of clothing choices here after looking at forecast.

slowrider
    Free Member

Save me trawling through 7 pages folks, what time and where tomorrow?

Jamie
    Free Member

sambob – Member
    Please please please don’t tell me you need to borrow the CX bike tomorrow Jamie.

You’re safe Sam. I have a groin strain, which looks like needing at least a week or 2 of resting. I never thanked you for the original offer, so cheers. Will take you up on it next time.

Save me trawling through 7 pages folks, what time and where tomorrow?

Trawling? Here is a clue. IT’S IN THE FIRST FRIGGIN’ POST 😉

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

right, curry and beer on the cards for tonight so not sure about my ride form edale plan. i may drive straight to hayfield or i may just not turn up. if in doubt, the tollah knows me. if i’m not there don’t fret, i’ll still be being awesome just a little later in the day 8)

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

bbc weather suggests it looks alright tomorrow for hope valley area?

sambob
    Free Member

Well it’s not mine it’s my dads but i’m sure he appreciates it 🙂

slowrider
    Free Member

Ha! This must be the first pootle thread where the time, place or route hasn’t changed then! Maybe because hora isn’t coming…

nbt

It’s because we’ve only told you when it’s starting (10.15 tomorrow) and where it’s starting (Sett Valley Trail carpark, Hayfield).

The route’s changed several times, but since I’m the only one who knows, it doesn’t really matter 🙂

GRAEMEJONES

Ginger cake x2, Triple Choc Chip Muffins x12. 😉

slowrider
    Free Member

Got a postcode jules?

Bunnyhop

Graeme – those look professionly baked to me, yum, yum.

Jamie –

I have a groin strain, which looks like needing at least a week or 2 of resting.

Mmmm, you could try riding our tandem. with some random on the front, just put your feet up at the back and enjoy the sights.

Bunnyhop

slowrider – Derbyshire SK22 2ES

Jamie
    Free Member

Mmmm, you could try riding our tandem. with some random on the front, just put your feet up at the back and enjoy the sights.

As much as I like riding with A. Random, it just wouldn’t be cricket, plus I like riding hard up hills. Thanks for the offer though.

Yours, grumpy and eating strawberry bon-bons,

Jamie

slowrider
    Free Member

Ta

thepodge
    Free Member

isn’t Hora coming?

slowrider
    Free Member

Oh yeah, maybe. Forgot he bought a car.

nbt

he’s established his priors already, he posted further up the thread about riding calderdale today to get ready his “reason” for not turning up tomorrow 😀

tollah
    Free Member

Can’t be arsed to make Sushi and even if I could I’ve a borrowed pack so can’t fit it in along with my camera 🙁
    Lady Tollah will be carrying my lunch 🙂
    Mrmichaelwright who? 😉

Bunnyhop

Lady Tollah will be carrying my lunch

Don’t know why but that made me really laugh.

Hope nbt doesn’t make me carry his, luckily he’s a light eater. Can’t say if poor Lady Tollah will be carrying a full 3 course banquet, or a Gingsters pasty type morsel.

allthegear
    Free Member

Boo! Can’t come now – got to go to Germany. 🙁

Rachel

tollah
    Free Member

She’ll be carrying cheese!

marsdenman
    Free Member

D’uuuh

ALL of them, course!

Sorry to disappoint – genuinely was en-route to the co-op for ingredients when I bumped in Mrs MM and friends = a trip to the local Italian and several beers 🙂 So, just the 13 x mini mars bar cakes for tomorrow… Was 14 but one had to be tested 🙂

Pook

Right then, to reiterate…..

=======================================================================
    It’s starting in Hayfield, Sunday 12th at 10.15.

As always with a pootle, it’s more social than pacey. We’re a very welcoming bunch of folks so if it’s your first ever ‘big group’ ride, come along. No need to be scared – it’s all about having a nice ride with a friendly group rather than proving your mettle as previous pootlers will attest (I hope!).

We’re starting at the Sett Valley Car Park, so bring change for parking and post ride beer/grub.

DATE: June 12th
    TIME: 10.15am for 10.30am start
    PLACE: Sett Valley Car Park, Hayfield

As always with the pootles over that side of the hills, Jules(nbt) will be devising a cracking route for us.

=======================================================================

JohnnyPanic

Have to say I’m not inspired by that forecast…
    Don’t think I’ll be coming.
    I can get wet on this side of the pennines.
    (plus I have some other excuses ready if necessary 🙂 )

Naranjada
    Free Member

I won’t be coming along, but y’all have fun!

Pook

hora’s gone to hebden.

Viewing 40 posts - 241 through 280 (of 350 total)

The topic ‘PEAKS POOTLE: June 12th, Cakes, Tandems and a bit of a chat’ is closed to new replies.