Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 350 total)
  • PEAKS POOTLE: June 12th, Cakes, Tandems and a bit of a chat
  • Bunnyhop

Yep Farmer John’s is free for spectators.

sambob
    Free Member

Sounds good. Can you email me your home phone number incase i’m late or can’t make it?

nbt

bit mixed up on times I think. We’re riding at 9.30 tomorrow morning from our house. CHeck mail for details

sambob
    Free Member

Bump for the morning lot.

Pook

cheers Sam

xherbivorex
    Free Member

i think i may be in attendance if that’s okay.

Pook

Well, as you asked so politely how could we refuse? 😉

sambob
    Free Member

Anyone’s welcome.

Pook

Even sambob

sambob
    Free Member

Is that just because i got you in the head with a snowball?

stanley

Me and Mrs.Stanley will come and play too. Will probably ride from Marple if anybody wants to join us.

Been on the bike once in the last month, so it will be good to get out!

sambob
    Free Member

Bump again.

Pook

crikey you’re keen!

sambob
    Free Member

Bored. And lots of people is good, less likely for me to be at the back then.

slowrider
    Free Member

How’s the new bike sambob?

sambob
    Free Member

At the moment pivot bearings are shot but when it works it’s good, bit of pedal bob but very stable downhill. Nice with beefy forks.

thepodge
    Free Member

Sam, you’d be more than welcome to join the pushing brethren at the back. I’ll be carrying a small bakery of cake and I’ll still be getting used to the backwards shifting of the Alfine so I’ll not be particularly quick.

ryan_c

Hey might be able to make it down for this, not been on a pootle before so sounds good.
    i’ll be on the blue pig
    see you there
    ryan

sambob
    Free Member

I don’t push, i just ride a single speed. That speed = slow.

slowrider
    Free Member

Podge, you got the alfine? How is it?

spacehopper

Think im up for this..! dont post much and havent ever been on a big organised group ride like this before!! 😕

ill be the shy nervous looking ginger one with a bright Green Meta 5.. 😳

mintimperial

Hooray, I have a pass, and the roads are unlikely to be snowbound this time, so I shall be able to make it to this one!

Don’t worry spacehopper – I’ve only been on one before, but everyone was very friendly indeed, you’ll have a grand time I’m sure.

thepodge
    Free Member

Sam, I pushed up a hill as fast as Chris rode up it. pushing is the future.

Tom, bought it but its not here yet. should have it fitted for the weekend but I’m at another wedding so can’t come out riding.

popartpoem
    Free Member

I’ve not ridden with you guys before; I’m quite new to this forum malarkey and would love to join you … what should I do, turn up and look purposeful? 😕

sambob
    Free Member

Turn up and faff with bikes for half an hour, preferably with cake. Forgetting something vital eg helmet or SPD shoes is recommended just so you fit in perfectly. Maybe have some pink bits on your bike.

popartpoem
    Free Member

Looks like I’m made to fit in… I can faff for England and a half hours worth of pointless bike fettling comes easy to me. As for forgetting stuff, I have medals!!!

PaulMc
    Free Member

Can’t make this one as we will be driving back from Aviemore – where I may just manage to get some riding in, oh yes.

sambob
    Free Member

You’re not allowed to be too good. I turned up without a working front brake once so i win.

JohnnyPanic

ill be the shy nervous looking ginger one with a bright Green Meta 5

You may not be the only one with a green Meta.
    Is yours still in one piece 🙂

spacehopper

Still in one piece.. I’ve tried breaking it, but its still going for now..! I’ll be the only ginger nervous looking one though..;)

thepodge
    Free Member

we’re only allowed one ginger so you’ll have to fight to the death on the day

Pook

Someone once turned up without a bike

Jamie
    Free Member

I once turned up with 2 right-handed gloves.

Pook saved the day though.

*swoon*

Pook

Just doing my duty ma’am

BadlyWiredDog

Will it be okay if I bring my cat?

Pook

As long as it brings Haribo

xherbivorex
    Free Member

i’ll probably bring some kind of cake. it’ll be egg/dairy free though! and maybe some veggie haribo too. ha!

nbt can confirm that i’m quite (well, very!) slow, especially on the uphill bits…

BadlyWiredDog

My cat is really slow too, that’s mostly why I asked. I wouldn’t want it to hold anyone up, though it’s very fast on more technical terrain thanks to feline reflexes and an excellent sense of balance.

Jamie
    Free Member

You might be able to borrow an angry bike if you want Jamie.

Angry bike?

…might be academic though, as it’s the saturday I think I would be free.

Bunnyhop

Your cat will fit nicely in the shopping basket that is fitted to the front of my Juliana.

We forgot pedals once, however that was in Welsh Wales and not on a Pooks Peak/s pootle.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 350 total)

The topic ‘PEAKS POOTLE: June 12th, Cakes, Tandems and a bit of a chat’ is closed to new replies.