Viewing 40 posts - 281 through 320 (of 369 total)
  • Overzealous modding again.
  • druidh
    Free Member

I guess that’s the problem with having the users “mod” the content. Some folk have the ability to be outraged at trivia.

Woody
    Free Member

not sure why i’m typing this other than its fun to mention breasts on a friday

Oh how I miss the Friday A&A – wonder who reported that ?? 8)

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

If only you lot knew….

yossarian
    Free Member

for posting a picture of a woman breastfeeding a cat.

😆

Reckon you can break post reporting down in to 3 camps

1. Guardians – those who see it as a responsibility to report gender sterotyping, bad language, racial abuse etc. Fair enough I suppose as long as the ‘report post’ button gets hit after a little bit of thought as to the context of the comment.

2. Delicates – those ‘gentle’ souls who are quite willing to start fights but back out of open confrontation and would rather revert to moderation to get their way. I suspect that these people have an internet persona that is quite different to how they behave in real life.

3. Axe grinders – people without a pair of fully developed testicles who decide they don’t like someone and make a point of causing trouble for them.

NB. And before anyone specific gets upset, calm down – this is a general observation. You know who you are.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

I don’t want to get into a fight about it Yossarian but I feel that your post is stereotyping too much so I’ve reported it.

yossarian
    Free Member

you guardian, you 😉

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

He’s just called all the female members Axe Grinders. Definitely reporting that.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Nah… I didn’t think about it so your stereotype is incorrect. Sorry.

LOL at Darcy… at least he didn’t say battle axe grinders.

DezB
    Free Member

I reported a post 2 days ago and it didn’t fall into any of your handy little pigeon holes.

compositepro
    Free Member

I just read 8 highly interesting pages and I’m still no wiser is it a case of you can have an opinion only don’t even consider having it on this forum

or you just not allowed to have an opinion and if you don’t like it f… Off

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

{compositepro reported for sitting on the fence}

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I reported a post 2 days ago and it didn’t fall into any of your handy little pigeon holes.

Was it a JLS one? 🙂

GlitterGary
    Free Member

{Reported for mentioning JLS}

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Ban me NOW! 🙂

uplink
    Free Member

{compositepro reported for sitting on the fence}

{post reported for overzealous reporting}

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

deadlydarcy – Member
    Ban me NOW!

{reported for paging}

Junkyard
    Free Member

It’s not like anyone is forced to read any particular post.

how exactly am I meant to know the content before reading it? A bit like me screaming f off at you and arguing you dont need to listen

As for this being real life? do me a favour…

well you are at odds with the owners and the people who run this …does the forum just self generate without someone having to do something in their real life ? when it was hacked was it not real for STW? Users seemed a tad annoyed as well. People have been sued for what they have written on the Internet. In what sense is it not real? You may be confusing taking it seriously and real here.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

{reports self for paging self and disappears into a worm hole}

GlitterGary
    Free Member

[Reported for taking it seriously]

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

{Reported for getting swirly and square brackets mixed up}

GlitterGary
    Free Member

😆

Edit: Threeundred!!!

uplink
    Free Member

well you are at odds with the owners and the people who run this ..

bizarrely 🙄 – I was talking about my life not theirs so I’m quite comfortable being at odds with them – if it’s OK with you that is?

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

compositepro – Member

I just read 8 highly interesting pages and I’m still no wiser is it a case of you can have an opinion only don’t even consider having it on this forum

or you just not allowed to have an opinion and if you don’t like it f… Off

You can have an opinion so long as it does not fall foul of the rules in the way you express it. You need to remember its not a private conversation.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

{wormhole reported for not doing job properly}

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

do me a favour…

Go on then, I’m in a good mood – what do you need?

cynic-al
    Free Member

I’ve never reported anyone (bar spammers), I’m confident there will always be folk more upset about stuff than me.

reporting folk for being offensive I get, what I struggle with is getting reported when I am clearly having a laugh.

I mean FFS who reported my “big hitters” thread? You really need to get out more and get a life.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Who wants a favour? Have I killfiled them? Will you do me a favour DD?

compositepro
    Free Member

A simple complaint form would suffice maybe points for insults rather than an immediate ban

Why picture no work.?.?

Junkyard
    Free Member

not sure why the eye roll there tbh …could we not at least work up to being dismissive of each other ?

Junkyard
    Free Member

I mean FFS who reported my “big hitters” thread? You really need to get out more and get a life.

I am pretty sure you just won over your doubters with that.

cynic-al
    Free Member

JY you miss my point – of course a lot of my output here is a complete waste of time aimed at amusing myself and others…but if it’s not really offensive to a proper grown up then why report it?

There’s more value in it to me than “pics of red frame with green wheels please” threads.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

cynic-al

reporting folk for being offensive I get, what I struggle with is getting reported when I am clearly having a laugh.

This is the bit you seem to find hard to understand – what you consider having a laugh can be highly offensive to others. Its not your intent that counts – its the effect upon others,

The joke I told that I got banned for is funny -and I was clearly having a laugh. However the ban was appropriate ‘cos it was offensive

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

It was me Al. I just report all your posts. I do it on Mleh as well.

Really though the mods probably just shut it down to stop everyone arguing.

wrecker
    Free Member

Red frame, green wheels?
    YUK

cynic-al
    Free Member

Fair point TJ but I still don’t see what was offensive about my big hitters threads or humerous pokes at Fred (and you) for instance…I trust Fred to be big enough (and you) not to be reporting them

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Didn’t see them so cannot comment. Could well be just to stop rows brewing

druidh
    Free Member

It’s that context/tone thing again Al. It’s just some words on a screen and they can be easily misconstrued. Remember when the winky icon was banned on mleh?

Drac

Fair point TJ but I still don’t see what was offensive about my big hitters threads or pokes at Fred for instance.

Threads aren’t just closed or deleted for being offensive, they’re closed if they going to insight arguments or deemed as trolling. They’re not always reported either some we do spot the thread titles or OP can give us clues to what it’s going to be like.

Right stepping into the background again on this thread.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

cynic-al, it seems to me that your self-perception and how others perceive you are miles apart. You’re obviously an intelligent guy – I’m sure you’re perfectly nice in real life but it might be best if, before you post, you think for a second, “how is this going to be perceived by others?” If you do, and you then don’t give a shit (which it seems you don’t a lot of the time), then you can’t whinge when you get heavily moderated. Tbh, you do ask for it a lot of the time.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Right stepping into the background again on this thread.

{reported}

Obviously.

Viewing 40 posts - 281 through 320 (of 369 total)

The topic ‘Overzealous modding again.’ is closed to new replies.