Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Orbea Occam SL M-LTD review
  • stwhannah

The Orbea Occam SL is the svelte sibling of the Occam SL and LT duo. This Occam SL looks to the fast, light, distance side of trail riding.

By stwhannah

Get the full story here:

Orbea Occam SL M-LTD review

gdosiu
    Free Member
    martinhutch

I just don’t understand this kind of spec (lockout and weight-weenie dropper) on a 140mm trail bike. I had no idea that 2-position droppers even existed anymore!

EDIT: That warranty situation on the Rallon (above) is a bit of an eye-opener. How many bikes are out there with a design that takes the shock beyond its maximum tolerances?

whatyadoinsucka
    Free Member

do not buy orbea, they are not designed for uk weather, bearings too small and warranty/ after service is non existant.

fed up of the wobbly back end and constant need to replace bearings. on a top spec occam 21 model

orbea response “bearings wear”, what after 3 rides ?? poor design allround..

Rubber_Buccaneer

^ kind of agree.  I like my Rise (similar suspension to an Occam I believe) but I’d probably give yoke mounted shocks and pivots around the rear axle a swerve in future as it all seems a bit flexy and high maintenance compared to other bikes

weeksy

do not buy orbea, they are not designed for uk weather, bearings too small and warranty/ after service is non existant.

fed up of the wobbly back end and constant need to replace bearings. on a top spec occam 21 model

orbea response “bearings wear”, what after 3 rides ?? poor design allround.

Well, Orbea have completely redesigned many of their bikes, in particular to use seals on some bearings along with a completely different linkage/bracing. I sent them a request for an updated linkage system for my Rise and within 24 hours had a reply it was being shipped under warranty. (Funnily i also did the same for my previous Rise and that was also approved and shipped).

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.