Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Online mapping software
  • mattsccm
    Free Member

Does anyone know of or use an online mapping facility where I can up load several GPX files to the same screen/map? The ones I know won’t let me do that, they create separate maps. I have a stack of routes from a publisher that overlap and I would like to superimpose them on the same map to find common ground etc. Cheers.

ditch_jockey

Memory Map allows me to do that – you select the ‘visibility’ for each route individually.

james-rennie

You can have several routes overlayed in RWGPS / Ride with GPS , and switch between them.

Not sure I understand your requirement though… What do you want to do?  Is this for planning whilst at home on a decent sized screen, or something you want to do on the move on a tiny phone/GPS screen?

winerwalker
    Free Member

I’ve tried all sorts over the years, and Memory Map seems to be the only one which can show several tracks at once, so you can see what you’ve done and what’s left to do. Anquet, Quo, Tracklogs and numerous online ones show one track at a time. MM lets you put routes in categories so you can arrange them by area, or by activity, or whatever you want.

convert

Another for memory map for this.

DofE manager here and we get OS mapping for free. However, trying to view multiple groups to coordinate assessing it’s a non starter. Memory map works for this.

Memory map currently have a sale on I think – or rather I got an email with an offer yesterday…..

susepic

Another Memory Map here – and I got the email about the OS Map sale too

jonm81

I use this one to view multiple GPX files at the same time but it only has OSM and not OS mapping.  Just drag and drop the files in to the Tracks area.

https://mygpsfiles.com/app/

joshvegas
    Free Member

QGIS is you want to do it professionally and free.

Not online though.

tractionman
    vlad_the_invader

GaiaMaps imports and displays multiple GPX files at the same time. It also allows you to assign different colours to each one, as well as show/hide individual tracks

Mounty_73

I use Memory Map, a great bit of software.

I have also used this too; https://gpx.studio/

scotroutes

Garmin Basecamp does this but it’s a software install, not “online”.  It is free though.

mattsccm
    Free Member

Ta. By online I mean on a computer as opposed to paper.

At home, big screen so I can see where all the routes go. Cheers

MadBillMcMad

On your phone, Back Country Navigator

Unless you are unfortunate to be an apple user

mattsccm
    Free Member

Phone? Nope, the twirly wire gets in the way and the screen is too tiny.

mattsccm
    Free Member

My GPS files does the trick. Thanks all.

towzer

Fyi, apologies for slightly off topic but just got an email from memory map re their sale and app

Memory map app and os maps sale

The perpetual license allows you to use the map for as long as you like without ever having to worry about the licence expiring, but it does not include any map updates. Many of our customers are still using maps published many years ago, and that is fine when the hills don’t change. However, footpaths and other man-made features do change, and it is important to know your rights of way and open access land areas. We find, in practice, most people update their maps at least every 5 years.

Click HERE for the 1:25,000 OS Explorer map (from £19.99)
    Click HERE for the 1:50,000 OS Landranger map (from £15)
    For more information see our website HERE.

Memory-Map for All app

https://memory-map.com/maps/uk-os-topo-maps/?adref=2402

https://memory-map.com/software/mmfa/

DickBarton

Google Maps can do this, I think you upload them as layers…

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.