Home Forums Bike Forum Nocturnal Scrote Rampage- Anarchy in the lentil belt

Viewing 17 posts - 41 through 57 (of 57 total)
  • Nocturnal Scrote Rampage- Anarchy in the lentil belt
    oldnick

In my motorcycling days there used to be “security” articles, the alarm mines were just one element!

My favourite was wiring the metal garage door up to a car ignition coil and a micro-switch under a mat outside, apparently the scrote “lit up like the Ready Brek kids”!!

oldnick

Ps I’m really sorry you are going through this, we had a car stolen from outside a few months ago which was annoying enough.

Good luck with however you choose to proceed.

Sandwich

Ask the beat coppers where the local robbers/burglars live then move onto the same street as one or two of them. You want mid-ranking villains as they don’t like others drawing police attention to where they live.

zerocool

That’s a terrible thing to happen.
    From a bike point of view can you remove everything expensive from your garage and leave it at a relative or friend’s house that’s not local?
    We had someone break into our garage about 15 years ago and while we were in the process of moving away I took everything of value (bikes, boats, tools, etc) out of the garage and stored it at my parents’s farm an hour away. It was a ballache from a biking point of view but when they came back all they found was an empty garage and a really good resolution camera.

squirrelking
    Free Member

My favourite was wiring the metal garage door up to a car ignition coil and a micro-switch under a mat outside, apparently the scrote “lit up like the Ready Brek kids”!!

That’s a good way to get yourself a holiday at HM expense.

jezzep

Hey there,

We used to live in a very dodgy area, but the locals were friends and Romany Gypsies. Once said to a Policeman friend that we had never had any problems. It turned out that our son taking their kids mountain biking paid off ;-) Policeman said there’s a good reason that you have never been targeted by the local scrotes. The local scrotes assumed we were Romany too and hence avoided us ;-)

On the same note Guard Geese:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guard_goose

On a footnote one of the Romany Gypsies van was broken into, knocked on my door asking for footage from my security camera. During the conversation said the scrotes better hope they get caught by the police first, heck!
    To be honest Romanies are lovely people and always got on with them well. Maybe by having dark skin dark hair and having Turkish in the family paid off ;-)

BR
    Jerry

stcolin
    Free Member

Sorry to hear this. When I got my bike stolen about 6 years ago, it really changed things for me. Constantly paranoid, even now we’ve moved to a nicer, quieter area. You should never feel unsafe in your home, but I did for years, and still do at times.

I really hope you find a solution.

moimoifan
    Free Member

This thread is properly depressing. To think this stuff goes on and is pretty much waved through by the rozzers because they haven’t got the resources to deal with it…

21st Century Britain. Won’t be too long before the prevalence of gated communities goes through the roof.

😥

martymac

Amazon blink cctv system is fairly cheap, and it works reasonably well.
    Do not go out to them.
    Call the cops if you’re woken up, they will take it seriously if the lads are armed with iron bars

julians
    Free Member

Amazon blink cctv system is fairly cheap, and it works reasonably well.

We have blink cameras everywhere, and it captured some great footage of the scrotes breaking into our house, and of them taking one of the cameras out, but the footage was not sufficient to get an identification. The police werent interested in it at all.

So cctv doesnt seem to put them off, but it does allow you know you’ve been done when you’re out of the country and at least get a friend to go round and secure the house again.

v7fmp

Sorry to hear about this. Distressing stuff.

With regards to CCTV camera’s, are they a double edged sword? On the one hand, stay away, you are on film (even tho you are covered up), on the other hand, i have camera’s as i dont want you stealing my expensive stuff?

Touch wood, only ever been the victim of theft once, many moons ago, when my 10 day old Trek got stolen. I still had to pay it off over the following two years! These days i really should have more security, despite living in somewhere i feel totally safe.

sharkattack

Well, I slept like a log last night! I didn’t really have a choice after being awake over for 20 hours.

I’ve got a mortgage advisor figuring out what our new house budget would be but by God, Rightmove is depressing. Sheffield is full of very small, hideously ugly, vastly overpriced houses. We can’t afford a big leap into anything much better but just a change of location would remove our unwelcome acquaintances from our life.

Insurance bloke is coming to look at the garage door but not until next Thursday. Not sure what happens after that regarding choosing a supplier and door etc. If I can choose what we get I’m going with Latham’s http://www.lathamssteeldoors.co.uk/security-garage-doors/side-hinged-garage-door

The garage is totally barricaded shut front and rear. You’re not coming in without a sustained effort with very noisy power tools.

The Police said they would come and take statements from ourselves and our neighbours when they came on shift last night but that didn’t happen. We’ve got CCTV where you can clearly here their voices as they walk away taking the piss out of us but we’ve got no one to give it to yet.

Nothing else to do but wait and hope for peace.

finbar
    Free Member

Lentil belt – Meersbrook / Heeley? FWIW I can recommend Shefflock if you need doors/locks supplying or fitting. Not sure if they do garage doors though.

I’ve been broken into twice in the past five years or so (different houses in different areas) – both times they didn’t actually take anything :D !

First one was into the house proper, the police reckoned they were after car keys only so left when they didn’t find any. Absolutely horrific mess though. I’d just rented a van that morning for three days and assume they put two and two together seeing it outside. Either that or someone at Arnold Clark was on the make.

Second time someone broke into our garage which was filled with furniture only. Haha again, ****! Fixing the door was a pain though.

fossy

OP please bear in mind these are cocky little sh1ts dragged up by sh1t parents – they don’t give a flying ****.  They will know most of the houses locally and who has stuff as the y did you over, they know you will have replaced it. Personally, I’d beef up security – it happens everywhere, you just have to make your house less of a target.

We’re tucked up in a little cul de sac, but we’ve had the garage targeted twice and one of the cars ‘gone through’,  plus other ‘visits’. Just the other week, we were returning from holiday at 3am, and my wife spotted 3 lads in ‘hoddies’ prowling round the local streets.

They are looking for easy pickings – sort that garage door, and you’ll be OK.

After each attempt, my garage security went up – lots of locks stop the door being pealed back, and bikes locked inside.

Remember, these little sh1ts aren’t deliberately targeting you, they are doing this night after night as they can get away with it.

qwerty
    Free Member

Do you actually need a garage door? Could you not brick / block it up and leave a regular UPVC door in situ or access it from elsewhere?

singletrackmind

Yep, brick up the big, wide access point.

Then put in a steel dead bolted security door. You might need substantial wooden posts to mount it to.

Add a nuisance siren inside that  garage so in the event they blow the door open they won’t be able to stay inside the garage for more than a few seconds.

roger_mellie

Could you put your bikes into a local storage unit?

This was my thought. Let them come back and finish ruining your existing garage door, find nothing and **** off. Then replace the totally knackered door with the insurance money plus a bit extra with something decent. Or just keep the bikes elsewhere mid-term whilst you consider your options.

Total nightmare though, I feel for you OP.

Viewing 17 posts - 41 through 57 (of 57 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.