Home Forums Bike Forum Nike ACG SPD shoes, do I have a warranty claim?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Nike ACG SPD shoes, do I have a warranty claim?
  • dogthomson

I bought some Nike SPD MTB shoes less than a year ago, and over time the rubber sole by the toe has worn away. I’m convinced this is caused by the placing of the plate the stud bolt screws into, as this has happened in the exact same place on both feet.

Here’s a pic to help explain…

I’m really not happy as they certainly weren’t cheap being carbon race models. But have I much hope of raising a warranty claim with Nike, or are they likely to tell me to bugger off, being a behemoth of a company and all!? I mean, I wouldn’t even know who to contact! it’s not like they’re a small bike specific company with a UK distributor and all.

Hmm…

TheGingerOne

That looks very similar to what happened to my Nike Poobahs (or ngubas) some 10 years ago. But mine did it in about 1 month. Managed to get the shop to swap them for some Shimanos and I vowed never to buy Nike mtb shoes ever again. I can’t believe they are still failing for the same reason after all this time!!

Not very helpful though – sorry!!

dogthomson

Cheers GinerOne, these are the Carnerso, wouldn’t mind if they were some £30 jobbies, but I seem to remember these were knocking on £85! 🙁

ziggy
    Free Member

Are those front rubber inserts designed to be replaced?

I remember those Nike Nugabas/Poobahs, the shop I was at the time replaced loads as they mostly fell in half where the cleat was bolted in.

Nike in those days were excellent with warranty, I’d take them back to the shop and ask them to get Nikes opinion on them, remember they are a multi billion pound company with lines across all sports and clothing ranges, unlike alot of half arsed bike companies I have dealt with over the years who were cowboys when it came to customer service.

They stand to loose money in other product areas not just in you buying your next pair of cycling shoes.

TheGingerOne

Ziggy,

You are so right. I had the Poobahs and after about a year, the sole snapped in half across the cleat area, so I replaced them with Ngubas and it was those where the grip literally departed from the sole at the first sign of contact with the ground.

Aaah, the memories!!

Cheers

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Nike ACG SPD shoes, do I have a warranty claim?’ is closed to new replies.