Home Forums Bike Forum Nice £1000 rim brake frameset ?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Nice £1000 rim brake frameset ?
  • alongo
    Free Member

Got a nice Ultegra groupset and a nice set of carbon wheels stored away , rather than selling them I was thinking of ideas for a sporty but comfy frameset to use in the summer . Any suggestions as it seems like all the manufacturers are moving towards disc only . Thanks STW .

13thfloormonk

I posted something similar not too long ago.

Nice rim brake road framesets – what’s left?

At the time (I don’t think I saw Paton’s list near the bottom) I decided that the Bowman Palace 3C would be my personal choice, although there were some Ridley framesets kicking about that looked ideal as well (you could buy Heliums as complete builds and punt the bits you didn’t want possibly).

In the end I never went ahead with it, I don’t think my current frame is old enough to justify replacing and I could use the money to better effect building a new gravel bike.

Also, I think Basso framesets are available in the UK, the Vento comes in a lovely shade of blue and fits your requirements?

13thfloormonk
    piemonster
    Free Member

Trek Emonda

https://www.sigmasports.com/item/Trek/Emonda-ALR-Frameset-2021/JS2C

Change too. I know nothing about them tbf

andrewh
    Free Member

If I had that sort of money to spend on one I would be looking to change the hubs and brake calipers and go for discs. Sell on the old bits and it probably only takes £150 out of your budget and opens loads more choices, and discs are just better

alongo
    Free Member

I’ve just built up a nice Genesis Zero disc brake bike , only ridden it once so far . The Basso frame looks nice , so does the Bowman but the geometry doesn’t suit on those . I have accumulated quite a bit of equipment over the years and have an old titanium frame or a Giant Defy frame that could maybe be upgraded instead of buying another frame .

plus-one

I’d use your defy or pick up a used Tcr frame

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Nice £1000 rim brake frameset ?’ is closed to new replies.