Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 221 total)
  • New website look (theme) feedback
  • redthunder
    Free Member
    stevious

In trying (and failing) to get Dark Mode to work I found this:

That’s not the information I want if I click on that bubble 🙂

thecaptain
    Free Member

Completely broken for me on Mac OS X and chrome. Just doesn’t work at all, links, text box not functioning. Had to use phone just to post this.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

iPhone Safari

Dark Mode – I can only deselect, but it makes no difference so I am not sure what dark mode is/isnt

when I went to my settings it did the dreaded refresh of the whole web page.

could forum thread titles be in bold ?

As above what’s a ‘fancy’ editor ?

liking it on the whole though I think

tonyja
    Free Member

I love this new look, very easy to use and nice and quick. Well done.

kayla1
    Free Member

I like it. I especially like the fact that paging up or down on a laptop doesn’t require a tap up or down on the arrow keys to get the page back to where it should’ve paged up or down to in the first place. Good job, well done!

desperatebicycle

Why is the [closed] thread “Just a test, please ignore” in the sticky area in Chat?

MrSmith
    Free Member

It’s now just about usable on my out of date ipod, on my up to date iPhone it crashes and reloads the page less and you can scroll to the bottom without having to constantly refresh to actually fill the page with the missing content so i guess you could call it an improvement.

redthunder
    Free Member

Voyager 1 is easier to keep running than this site 😉

nixie

Looks like the private message indicator has gone missing. Also no link to messages on the profile menu.

nixie

Randomly dark mode works on mobile but not on PC.

branes

Looks like the private message indicator has gone missing. Also no link to messages on the profile menu.

I came here to say that too – link in email notification works, although the Messages tab entry is still there for me in Profile. As you say though, no indication of a new message anywhere.

nixie

Messages is still there in profile but not in the account icon menu (top right).

alcolepone
    Free Member

I seem to have to go into incognito mode in order to post this message. Once logged in, i seem unable to click on links/type in messages….

often the page is responsive, but I’m unable to click on links.

it seems to think I’m running a adblocker on the site, (its paused for single-track)

Cougar

Should the highlighted cell in [overview | chat | bike | members | news] reflect which index you’re looking at? It doesn’t, it sticks on Overview.

Cougar

That’s not the information I want if I click on that bubble 🙂

It’s been like that forever. (and yes, it’s it’s as pointless as a pool ball)

donald
    Free Member

The questionnaire on this thread’s opening post is invisible unless you are logged in. This may be deliberate ?

flyingpotatoes
    Free Member

Trying to browse on my iPad. Not filling the screen properly.

IMG_0721

stevious

ooh, the header bit (dunno what the proper term for that is) stays on top now so I can just go up and click on the forum bit. Nice improvement.

Oh, and regards my post up there, I thought it was silly/funny and in no way intended it to come across as moany as it does on reflection.

Cougar

Trying to browse on my iPad. Not filling the screen properly.

Looks like you aren’t logged in?

Cougar

Inspired by another thread, I’ve just noticed, Page Up and Page Down scroll the page accurately. That’s been a mild irritant forever.

nixie

The smooth scroll however is annoyingly slow.

nixie

Just realised I’d posted mainly negative feedback. To add some positive the header and hamburger menu are much improved. Speed seems good so far as well.

toby

If you’re on the overview, then that is highlighted in the “lozenge” menu. If however you select one of the specific sections, all of Bike/Chat/Members/News gets the highlight.

Also, I miss the frontpage articles having their own icon, now they just look like chat section topics.

Everything seems to have been quicker and more reliable since the upgrade. 👍

flyingpotatoes
    Free Member

@Cougar
    Just checked definitely logged in. Bit frustrating but I’m sure the forum gods will fix it.
    Apart from that I’m ok ish with everything else.

IMG_0722

slowol

I can’t find the forum search on my phone (android and chrome). Can only search articles.
    I may we’ll be I’ve missed something despite having my specs on.

Cougar

Just checked definitely logged in.

Why was there an advert across the bottom then? 😁

How is it in portrait?

PJay
    Free Member

The classifieds are pretty hopeless for non-members. Between the huge header and smaller footer you get to see just 2 classified ads (1 when you come another ad. in the listings).

scotroutes

Why was there an advert across the bottom then? 😁

I have an ad at the bottom of every page too. For Ezoic.

flyingpotatoes
    Free Member

No idea why an advert is there 🤷‍♂️. Maybe I wasn’t logged in after all.

Portrait is ok but I don’t want the forum to dictate how I use the iPad.

IMG_0723

Cougar

I don’t want the forum to dictate how I use the iPad.

Sure, I was just curious as much as anything. The issue here then is that the desktop version of the site isn’t rendering correctly on Safari for iOS. You can see the two different site views in your screenshots.

Whether the forum presents the desktop or the mobile site is decided on browser width, IIRC the threshold is 1000px. (You can see this in action on a regular computer if you resize the browser, beyond a certain point it’ll suddenly switch.)

Weird that it’s switching as you change orientation, unless it’s a 10 year old iPad Mini. 🤷‍♂️ Maybe there’s something else I’m unaware of which also triggers the switch.

flyingpotatoes
    Free Member

Yea not to worry Cougar.
    iPad is a few years old (iPad air 2 I think) but every other site I use is fine. Just a bit strange it’s only stw that isn’t showing correctly, and it was working fine before the 2 tone update.
    I’ll check to see if there’s an update for iOS I’v missed.

I’m sure it will get sorted then I can enjoy full screen stw

Cougar

I’d be checking for updates also.

A quick google would suggest that the highest OS is 15.x and that it will be unsupported as of next month.

flyingpotatoes
    Free Member

Ah crap. Can’t afford a new one ☹️

Cougar

Can you trade in for a newER one perhaps?

flyingpotatoes
    Free Member

Wife has a new one. Could steal hers 😎

fatbrad
    Free Member

The ad’s in classifieds are waaaaay to intrusive. I can’t see the ad’s

Cougar

Just had the “sorry, are you sure you wanted to do that?” error.

I think it’s because I’d opened the page, then on a separate tab I’d been logged out so logged back in. Ie, I’d had a logout and login between opening the page and posting. Something something session cookies something?

TheBrick
    Free Member

I think new look is an improvement on mobile. Less clicks to get places such as profile.

I don’t know if you now see if you have a message when on mobile as the old layout I was only alerted if I logged in on a desktop. On mobile I had to actively check.

chipps

Is there a search function in the forum?

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 221 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.