Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 221 total)
  • New website look (theme) feedback
  • Sandwich

The issue here then is that the desktop version of the site isn’t rendering correctly on Safari for iOS.

Desktop rendering on iOS should be an option for the user on their device, the site should display a phone friendly page version as a default (same for Android). Looks like the dynamic formatting is off and everyone is getting a mobile device topic list rather than desktop users getting a page with everything on one line for each topic.

Speshpaul

I like a good moan about websites……………….. nowt to say… well done

Cougar

everyone is getting a mobile device topic list rather than desktop users getting a page with everything on one line for each topic.

Mark explained this earlier. The two-line topic list is intentional to allow space for additional features ‘coming soon’.

DougD

Is there a search function in the forum?

Think it was picked up earlier in this thread but you only seem to get the Forum search function in either the Chat or Bike sections, not on the Overview one, would be good to have there too.

sharkattack

Oh no, the giant sliding Singletrack header is back. For a few days there it was much easier to read at work without everyone knowing how I was wasting my time.

tagnut69
    Free Member

as has already been mentioned, the lack of search function is disappointing, I dont care if there is one in each of the forums I want one in the overview and the double line nonsense is just a waste of space. It was better before.

tagnut69
    Free Member

I hope the issue I have with all the links not working at random intervals is sorted soon.

coatesy
    Free Member

I’m happy as long as I don’t get any more of those friggin’ ads that kept popping up across whatever topic I was trying to read. They were peeing me off so much that I was on the point of jacking the site in.

dove1

I now have to log in twice each time I access the site.
    First attempt I get the message “ An error has been encountered. Probably page was cached. Please try again.”
    Second attempt works fine.

This is happening on my iMac and iPad.

Klunk
    Free Member

the site doesn’t work for me in Edge windows 10 (this is posted from chrome) every link is dead (though they come back for a microsecond with refresh).

Klunk
    Free Member

seemed to be a problem with AdBlock (even with it paused on STW) needed to be paused on all sites then “unpaused” (though still paused on STW)

tjagain

I am still having random issues with pics not showing. Im doing all rhe right steps and the same each time but some times they just don’t show. See the recovery ride thread for examples. Android phone using post images direct link with duck duck go

Speeder

sharkattack

Oh no, the giant sliding Singletrack header is back. For a few days there it was much easier to read at work without everyone knowing how I was wasting my time.

+1 it was a revelation when this disappeared and now it’s back – very disappointing. We all know we’re on STW why waste the page space?

weeksy

On Chrome my process for Chrome within Taskmanager doubles the RAM used for my computer, i have 11 windows open and when i use STW forum my ram goes from 800mb to 1500mb…. so 1 tab using 50% of my ram for chrome…. yes, this one….

scotroutes

Without the sliding banner there is nowhere to put the hamburger menu and profile link.

weeksy

I also get “unsupported browser” when trying to use Firefox instead

Cougar

+1 it was a revelation when this disappeared and now it’s back – very disappointing.

Earlier on in this thread is another poster going “yay, it’s back.”

Guess in an ideal world it could be a profile option?

Speeder

Cougar

Earlier on in this thread is another poster going “yay, it’s back.”

Guess in an ideal world it could be a profile option?

it’s 2:1 against so he’s wrong ;o) and yes it would be good to be an option – it was always a pain on the old forum – I don’t see the “benefits” of the scrolling banner as benefits. If I want to to to profile or menu I got to the top of the page, it adds a second to the process but that banner just sitting there 100% of the time is always just taking up room (and I can’t hide it at work)

Cougar

Mark

An update. We are back at it squishing the inevitable bugs and paying attention to your submissions. The ads are behaving as I expected them to at this early stage. ie. there’s legacy hangover from the way they were set up in the old theme and I’m working my way through those now. also, the ads system we use (Ezoic), uses a lot of AI to place ads on the page. This means not all the placement of ads is chosen by a human. The AI displays them and then learns which placements work and which don’t. It takes in to account user experience – in fact I have control over the balance between user experience and revenue generation. It’s currently in the default setting of ‘Balanced’. It takes a couple of weeks after a big change like this to gather enough data to start optimising the placements. TLDR: Ads may show up in odd places in the next week or so. Please don’t assume we’ve made a decision to put them there. It’s probably the system ‘learning’.

Cougar

Oh, I approve of the new “you must be logged in” method.

desperatebicycle

I can’t use the forum in Chrome. It’s like there’s an invisible ad over the new post box. Just now was typing something and moved the mouse to make a change, lost cursor, couldn’t type. Clicked in the box and it popped open a new Chrome Tab “Subscribe” . Did it a couple of times before I switched to Edge to see if it was the same there. It isn’t.

Mark

That’s an odd one. It probably won’t get picked up here but if you use the form at the start of this thread it will get logged in the system for a check up.

tagnut69
    Free Member

When do we get the search box back?

Cougar

It’s on the individual chat / bike indexes, just not the overview.

scotroutes

When do we get “favourites” back?

jsm

Another missing favourites. Are they gone again?

Mark

Reminder: If there’s anything you are missing, wanting or a bug you’ve spotted, please use the form at the top of this thread to report it. All those submissions are being collated to give us a priority fix list.

littlerob

I think I just spotted something. I tried to start a new forum topic but when I pressed submit it just disappeared. On re-doing it I *think* its because I didn’t have a Forum selected (it defaults to “No forum”).

oldnick

You’ve fixed the “number of replies and units of time” merge on android – cheers.

All I would request is that when viewing the forum on a laptop (Chrome / W10) that a forum menu was prominent in the sliding banner, as it is on the phone.

keithb

So having used the new look on desktop (chrome w10) it looks good and seems to function fine. However the mobile view of the forum still has every thread taking 3 lines, so only 6 threads fit on a page, so it’s “scroll scroll scroll” to scan down thread titles. It’s quite annoying, and no better in landscape view. Chrome on Android.

Ta

andy5390

Is it just me, or is there no forum search facility?

I can only see the main one at the top, which only returns articles from the main site.

scotroutes

Is it just me, or is there no forum search facility?

Go into Bike or Chat and another search box is available. That’s the one you want

Mark

Just to be clear. That’s a bug. Search is coming back in the overview forum.

andy5390

Go into Bike or Chat and another search box is available. That’s the one you want

Cheers.

I usually just scan the first couple of pages in Overview

z1ppy

I know I’m late to the party and no doubt this might have been asked earlier, but why do we have the forum indexes as have the chat / bikes and not bikes / chat? You know, just like they’ve been historically.

itsallgood

Is there a way to search the Forum? I can see the main site search.

Cougar

The same way it’s been suggested 17 times on this thread already including two posts before yours? 😁

Rubber_Buccaneer

^ best to use google and specify the site. For example if you want to search for the words frozen sausage type into the google search box

site:singletrackworld.com Frozen sausage

DT78
    Free Member

The video ads are killing my old iPad. Makes it super slow and had to write posts. Yes it’s this forum, no other sites cause this issue, and other forums / sites perform fine

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 221 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.