Home Forums Bike Forum new voodoo bikes

Viewing 36 posts - 41 through 76 (of 76 total)
  • new voodoo bikes
  • trickydisco
    Free Member

Did someone say voodoo?

thepodge
    Free Member

like farther like son, Voodoo seems to be copying Kona

Blackhound

My Aizan 29er is about 2m away from me now – getting it sorted for Stuart’s bivvy ride this weekend. Nice bike supplied by Tim@Sideways.

tazzymtb

tricky disco…….my baby!!

hope you are treating it well :D

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

I like that djab

RopeyReignRider
    Free Member

I’m tempted by the D-jab , assuming they’re still available when I get my C2W voucher..

oxym0r0n

I’m quite glad they’re not carrying a steel frame through – makes mine feel more special :D Supplied by Tim@Sideways BTW:

[/url]
    IMG_6337[/url] by oxym0r0n[/url], on Flickr

ElShalimo

Thread resurrection:

Does anyone have a 2010 Wanga? Halfords are clearing them out now for £650.

Frames have 15yr guarantee according to the website
    Looks like a good deal at that price.

dogthomson

“Voodoo hoodoo what-you-don’t-dare-do people…”

rOcKeTdOg

tazzymtb – Member

29er 120mm fork, 631 reynolds, slidey dropouts……never to see the UK

cheers halfords

oooh, that would go lovely with 120mm white forks in my garage

Houns

If you fancy a Steel Wanga then get one at that price, it’s a bargain. The new Wanga is Alu

andysandes
    Free Member

I just got one for 650 the spec for that money is amazing. Havn’t ridden it yet though…

Andy

So where do you find these £650 Wangas, say in 20″, hmmmm perhaps around Reading?

andysandes
    Free Member

Halfords

Capt.Kronos
    Free Member

Hmmm… for the money (which is somewhat limited at the moment), the Zobop is looking like it may just be worth checking out!

I am quite surpised I am considering buying a bike from Halfords I can tell you ;-)

It does look rather well equipped for the money – going to have to keep an eye out for reviews I think….

sherry
    Free Member

I think they look pretty good for the money! Knobblyknees bike looks tip top to me. I wouldn’t buy one because they don’t do a 21″ and for no other reason.

walla24
    Free Member

why o why have they bent the down tube on the wanga…just wrong!

Angry-pirate
    Free Member

i hate halfords with a passion, and i work there, but despite this i still think the voodoo range is excellent, people have been missing a trick with the voodoo’s for years, the 2010 specs are even better than the new ones so why have people suddenly started to take notice?
    some bikers have become so blinded by brand that they wont recognise quality unless it comes with a huge price tag. when did it become common place to judge a product by its price not its preformance.

Andy

Andy – Member
    So where do you find these £650 Wangas, say in 20″, hmmmm perhaps around Reading?

Posted 9 hours ago # andysandes – Member
    Halfords

Posted 8 hours ago # Report-Post

Genius answer! :lol:

Now which Halfords please if anyone knows? :x

Clink

oooh, that would go lovely with 120mm white forks in my garage

Lovely frame – pity it hasn’t got the slacker ha and shorter chainstays to go with the 120mm forks.

monkeyfiend
    Free Member

Andy, you’re going to have to ring round, I did this a year ago and phoned all the stores within 50 miles so I could pick up a 20 inch Bokor cheap. Well worth it.

binners

YOU BASTARDS!!! I DEMAND MY CREDIBILITY BACK!!!!

Having owned a Wanga for a while. A ‘proper’ one. You know… when they were ‘niche’ and stuff, I am outraged that a mainsteam supplier of cycles to the masses has scuppered my bragging rights with people with beards. How dare they!!!!!

special77
    Free Member

Ever thought that maybe Halfords just license the brand name to put on bikes they design based on VooDoo’ish frames? Bit like they do with GT.

ir_bandito
    Free Member

I’ve jut built my D-jab

[/url]
    DSC_0348[/url] by ir_bandito[/url], on Flickr

Rides nicely thankyou very much.

Bernaard
    Free Member

I have just gone back to a Wanga for general SS duties and have ordered a Soukri from the USA.
    Did contact Halfrauds re getting one for me, but they were not really helpful.
    I have only ever seen 1 Voodoo on display in their stores and that was a couple of years ago. They concentrate on Boardman now.
    Plus they were stocking Konas the other year too. Just for you brand whores :wink:
    Not struck on the new ones though.

Mine

lexinoo
    Free Member

Hello,first post on here. I got one of the steel wangas yesterday from Halfords.Got it with the bike to work thing so its going to cost me just under £400!!!astonishing value i think!Anyway the reason for my post is to let any one that may be interested know that Halfords at Tamworth have a 17″ one in store if anyone wants one.

Alex

I had an 08 Canzo:
    [/url]
    Voodoo 008[/url] by Alex Leigh[/url], on Flickr

Nice bike, bit short in the TT for me but really nice to ride and the paint was fab.

And a Wanga

[/url]
    Voodoo Wanga[/url] by Alex Leigh[/url], on Flickr

Which I didn’t keep for long, as I decided I’d had enough of singlespeeding.

Both bought from Sideways Tim. New ones look pretty sorted to me.

Bernaard
    Free Member

Never to see the UK…………………….

Wrong

_tom_
    Free Member

The old ones look nice. Not keen on the new ones though, look a bit cheap. The cheapest full-sus looks pretty nasty.

chewkw
    Free Member

Those new ones with bend down tube are ugly …

lexinoo
    Free Member

Can any of you help me with what size seat clamp i need to buy for my 2010 steel framed wanga please,seatpost is 27.2mm ,thanks

Xylene
    Free Member

I’m pretty sure I bought a 30.0 for mine.

dekadanse
    Free Member

Sure, there’s a lot of brand snobbery going on here. Just because something is ‘exclusive’ doesn’t make it better. However, restricting variety and dumbing down to hit a price point ain’t so clever. Moral of the story – Voodoo are great bikes and we wish we could get access to all the ones that are not imported here. Halfords, on the other hand, are a bunch of grasping swine who are so penny-pinching that they refuse to train their staff to build and maintain the sometimes excellent bikes they get their hands on. Why they have not realised that the adage about peanuts and monkeys holds true for them beggars belief – truly the Gerald Ratners of the cycling world.

I’ve had and upgraded an 09 Voodoo Canzo for the last year, and once I’d rebuilt it and replaced substandard wheels and brakes, it has been one of the best bikes I’ve ever owned – balanced, poised and capable of doing anything I’ve asked of it. Looking forward to trying the Zobop, but as usual assume the need to rebuild from scratch to avoid the usual Halfords quality control issues.

dogbert
    Free Member

Seems to be a lot of snobbery around Voodoo but i’ve always though they were regarded as pretty sweet bikes.

Me and a mate were having a conversation earlier about what bike he should buy tomorrow and I found myself scoffing at his £600 budget, but then I looked at what he was getting for his money and to be honest, I couldn’t see much point in spending anymore, especially at the level we cycle at.

In short, unless there are split frames littering the countryside then I don’t see the problem, and I’ve heard more stories of much more expensive bikes failing a hell of a lot quicker…..so who’s the mug?

h4muf
    Free Member

My “halfords” Bantu.

All the bike mags hated it…

Bagstard
    Free Member

Well I’m looking forward to getting my next cycle to work voucher, the voodoo hoodoo 29’r will make a perfect commuter for me. 80mm fork with lock out, just what I need for a mix of rough and smooth cycle paths.

Viewing 36 posts - 41 through 76 (of 76 total)

The topic ‘new voodoo bikes’ is closed to new replies.