Viewing 40 posts - 161 through 200 (of 209 total)
  • New Forum – An idiots Guide
  • oldnpastit

There’s some slightly unexpected stuff going on if you look at the JavaScript console.

Does anyone know what this means:

<span class=”message-body-wrapper”><span class=”message-flex-body”><span class=”message-body devtools-monospace”>Blocked loading mixed active content “http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/static/css/fonts/Roboto/roboto-bold-webfont.woff2″</span></span></span&gt;

Why is STW’s site using a load of CRC fonts?

stumpy01

So, I click on the thingy, then click on the other thingy & then click back on the thingy.

Here goes!

And to add an image of hanging bikes to keep this topical (from Flickr of all places….)

[url=https://flic.kr/p/krcmvP]13-10-20 DSCN5261[/url] by STW stumpy01, on Flickr

Ah. Oh. Erm. Let’s try and image from a ‘normal’ web page.

Wahoo! Navigating the ‘new’ STW Forum. It’s a Bing thing.

njee20
    Free Member

Is anyone else finding it painfully slow too?

is quoting fixed now?

stumpy01

Ah. So you can still directly post the BB  code in from Flickr, but when you do a preview it looks like it doesn’t work. But when you post it, it does work.

For my post above, the bikes hanging on the wall just looked like code in the preview, while the Bing image was displayed correctly. But they both appear to post correctly when you hit submit.

Can’t see an ‘edit post’ button.

EDIT – Found it. But it doesn’t last very long. Not there on an 8 minute old post..

DezB
    Free Member

That other thread about copying and pasting images instead of using the URL is good news!

I do like the new img button though which gives you the option of resizing your pic. Very useful.

So if you just copy image, then past that, you get

but if you use the resizy box thing you can do

Chocorange

that. Nice.

Oh, just had the thought, when you copy and paste the img you can also drag it to the size you want without using the img buttons. So I edited and did that.

scotroutes

Both of those photos are the same size on my phone

DezB
    Free Member

ps. if anyone is wondering – it has to be an image off a webpage and not a pic direct off your pooter/fone/tablit

same size on my phone

Hmm. Doesn’t seem all that phone compatible does it. I’m sure there are some features better on the phone somewhere in here.

simons_nicolai-uk
    Free Member

So how do you follow a conversation that you’ve posted to?  I can see threads I’ve started, and my posts, but not go to those posts.

(which of course means If i kill this thread as thorughly as I do most I’ll never see the answer to this question.  ho hum).

geetee1972
    Free Member

So how do you follow a conversation that you’ve posted to?  I can see threads I’ve started, and my posts, but not go to those posts.

Ah you mean the ‘has anyone chomped down on my troll bait yet’ and the ‘quick link back to the viscious exchange with forum big hitters’ features. Yes i miss those as well.

CheesybeanZ

<span style=”color: #444444; font-size: 12px; background-color: #eeeeee;”>Is anyone else finding it painfully slow too?</span>

Yes .

CheesybeanZ

And no the quote thingy isn’t fixed

CheesybeanZ

<span style=”color: #444444; font-size: 12px;”>So how do you follow a conversation that you’ve posted to?  I can see threads I’ve started, and my posts, but not go to those posts.</span>

And this ?

singlespeedstu

singlespeedstu

<span style=”color: #444444;”>Ah. So you can still directly post the BB  code in from Flickr, but when you do a preview it looks like it doesn’t work. But when you post it, it does work.

</span>

Just tried that and nothing shows.

CheesybeanZ

And where have my favourites gone ??

ThePinkster

Right then, let’s test the quote function again

zippykona

<p style=”margin: 1rem 0px !important; padding: 0px; border: 0px; outline: 0px; font-size: 16px; vertical-align: baseline; background-color: transparent; line-height: 1.2em; font-weight: normal; color: #444444; font-family: ‘Helvetica Neue’, Helvetica, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; font-style: normal; font-variant-caps: normal; letter-spacing: normal; orphans: auto; text-align: left; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal; widows: auto; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-tap-highlight-color: rgba(26, 26, 26, 0.301961); -webkit-text-size-adjust: auto; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; background-position: initial initial; background-repeat: initial initial;”>And where have my favourites gone ??</p>

ThePinkster

Well that seemed to work in Chrome on an Android phone.

Got all the buttons too.

So what does the narrow box with the p in it below the text box do?

ThePinkster

Posting anything seems to take ages as well, and I don’t know if pressing the submit button has done anything either as it doesn’t change and I don’t have a refresh/reload icon anywhere.

scotroutes

TBH you might be as well reporting this over here http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/forum-update/ as that’s where all the news is going.

Three_Fish
    Free Member

Is that Terry’s chocolate orange?

oldnpastit

<div class=”bbp-reply-author”>Three_Fish
    <div class=”bbp-author-role”>
    <div class=””>Member</div>
    </div>
    </div>

Who knows or cares?

sirromj

Oooh! I’m an idiot! It’s his ear!

DezB
    Free Member

Three_Fish

Yes! (Pic taken to show how they’ve hollowed them out to reduce the amount of chocolate)

oldnpastit

Who knows or cares?

Me. Three_Fish.

sirromj

Oooh! I’m an idiot! It’s his ear!

You’re an idiot? oldnpastit can’t even see the usernames above the posts!

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

testing testing

<span style=”font-size: 12.8px;”></span>

Drac

Drac

😂😂😭

steel4real
    Free Member

So where are all these buttons then ?

(Google chrome)

Can’t even post a screen shot to show you they’re not there 🙁

DezB
    Free Member

What’s that you’ve posted, Drac? The image doesn’t have a URL…

ChrisL

steel4real Member
    So where are all these buttons then ?

(Google chrome)

Can’t even post a screen shot to show you they’re not there 🙁

Yes you can! Instructions are available in my earlier post on this thread: http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/new-forum-an-idiots-guide/page/3/#post-9804547

I still don’t know how to post videos with the button-less interface though. Does anyone know the BBcode tags for that?

akira

No buttons for me either, my authenticated Nessie picture will never be seen.

steel4real
    Free Member

There are no buttons (same in IE as well)

(img)https://ep1.pinkbike.org/p4pb15573869/p4pb15573869.jpg(/img)

steel4real
    Free Member

Well that doesn’t work either – neither does the preview button.

DezB
    Free Member

I still don’t know how to post videos with the button-less interface though. Does anyone know the BBcode tags for that?

No BB codes needed for vids. Just paste the text of the video URL –

Like –

steel4real
    Free Member

steel4real
    Free Member

Ah well, there you go no buttons and it’s square brackets not ()

Poopscoop

No buttons for me either, my authenticated Nessie picture will never be seen.

Test

Poopscoop

There is a while routine to get quote to work. Just remembered it ! 🙂

Can’t quote user name though… That totally screws it. 🙁

bigblackshed

Milkie
    Free Member

So where are these buttons?

Viewing 40 posts - 161 through 200 (of 209 total)

The topic ‘New Forum – An idiots Guide’ is closed to new replies.