Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 209 total)
  • New Forum – An idiots Guide
  • trailwagger
    Free Member

Would someone who is wise with the ways of the new forum please help out us less fortunate ones.

How do we quote (I see lots of people, including myself, cannot work this out)

How do we insert images

How do we embed youtube vids.

would be good for starters.

Gary_M
    Free Member

type or past text then click the quote button

bigblackshed

<span style=”font-style: italic; font-size: 14px; background-color: rgba(255, 255, 255, 0);”><span style=”font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;”>type or past text then click the quote button</span></span>

bigblackshed

weeksy

Wow…. someone got a quote to work ! is that magic ?

<span style=”color: #444444; font-size: 18px; font-style: italic;”>type or past text then click the quote button</span>

angeldust
    Free Member

What quote button? 😉

thepurist

No it’s really very simple.

Gary_M
    Free Member

Wow…. someone got a quote to work ! is that magic ?

Don’t think so 🙂

zippykona

<span style=”color: #444444; font-size: 12px;”>What quote button? 😉</span>

gobuchul
    Free Member

Click the inverted comma icon and then type the text. Then press return twice.

It seems to work for me.

bigblackshed

Copy text, paste, highlight the text, use the “eraser” button, second from the right to clear the formatting, then with the text still highlighted, press the quote button.

At least on iPad.

perchypanther
    Free Member

Copy text.

Click quote button – the one that looks like quotation marks

Paste text.

Click Clear formatting button – the one that looks like a rubber

Press return to go down the page until the text no longer indents.

Quote quoted

scotroutes

WTF happened to the font size in the quoted text? It’s like everyone is shouting!!!

weeksy

<p style=”padding: 0px; border: 0px; outline: 0px; font-size: 12px; vertical-align: baseline; background-image: initial; background-position: initial; background-size: initial; background-repeat: initial; background-attachment: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; line-height: 1.2em; color: #444444; margin: 1rem 0px !important;”>Copy text.</p>
    <p style=”padding: 0px; border: 0px; outline: 0px; font-size: 12px; vertical-align: baseline; background-image: initial; background-position: initial; background-size: initial; background-repeat: initial; background-attachment: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; line-height: 1.2em; color: #444444; margin: 1rem 0px !important;”>Click quote button</p>
    <p style=”padding: 0px; border: 0px; outline: 0px; font-size: 12px; vertical-align: baseline; background-image: initial; background-position: initial; background-size: initial; background-repeat: initial; background-attachment: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; line-height: 1.2em; color: #444444; margin: 1rem 0px !important;”>Paste text.</p>
    <p style=”padding: 0px; border: 0px; outline: 0px; font-size: 12px; vertical-align: baseline; background-image: initial; background-position: initial; background-size: initial; background-repeat: initial; background-attachment: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; line-height: 1.2em; color: #444444; margin: 1rem 0px !important;”>Click Clear formatting button</p>
    <p style=”padding: 0px; border: 0px; outline: 0px; font-size: 12px; vertical-align: baseline; background-image: initial; background-position: initial; background-size: initial; background-repeat: initial; background-attachment: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; line-height: 1.2em; color: #444444; margin: 1rem 0px !important;”>Press return to go down the page until the text no longer indents.</p>
    <p style=”padding: 0px; border: 0px; outline: 0px; font-size: 12px; vertical-align: baseline; background-image: initial; background-position: initial; background-size: initial; background-repeat: initial; background-attachment: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; line-height: 1.2em; color: #444444; margin: 1rem 0px !important;”>Quote quoted</p>

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

“WTF happened to the font size in the quoted text? It’s like everyone is shouting!!!”

I’m counting the massive font size as a fail.

weeksy

Hahahahaahha that went well !

Gary_M
    Free Member

Copy text, paste, highlight the text, use the “eraser” button, second from the right to clear the formatting, then with the text still highlighted, press the quote button.

I just copy>past>click inverted comma symbol>return twice.  No need to highlight text

I’m counting the massive font size as a fail.

Font size can’t be changed, its part of the formatting.

weeksy

bearnecessities

To insert images:

Click on this:

Then this little thing pops up – find the link in your photo site that ends with .png .jpeg.

Paste it in.

If you then click away (eg in the description box as I’ve done below), then the dimensions pop up.

Click OK and then submit your post.

richmars

<h1>410-183</h1>
    <span style=”color: #444444; font-size: 12px;”>Hahahahaahha that went well !</span>

bigblackshed

WTF happened to the font size in the quoted text? It’s like everyone is shouting!!

It’s called a unique feature.

Poopscoop

Copy text, paste, highlight the text,

Poopscoop

<span style=”color: #444444; font-size: 16px; background-color: #eeeeee;”>Copy text, paste, highlight the text,</span>

weeksy

I hope the Mods understand in a day or two when i click to unsubscribe…. it’s bloody garbage.

Poopscoop

<span style=”color: #444444; font-size: 16px; background-color: #eeeeee;”>Copy text, paste, highliht the text,</span>

bigblackshed

<span style=”font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;”><span style=”font-size: 14px; background-color: rgba(255, 255, 255, 0);”>I just copy>past>click inverted comma symbol>return twice.  No need to highlight text</span></span>

I just copy>past>click inverted comma symbol>return twice.  No need to highlight text

i need to highlight and remove the formatting with the “eraser” button.

As I said, on iPad running Opera.

Poopscoop

Ah, all works but on my android I DO need to click the eraser tab to rid it of formatting.

trailwagger
    Free Member

Copy text, paste, highlight the text, use the “eraser” button, second from the right to clear the formatting, then with the text still highlighted, press the quote button.<b></b><i></i><u></u>

trailwagger
    Free Member

nope

trailwagger
    Free Member

Gary_M
    Free Member

There is a preview button you know 🙂

trailwagger
    Free Member

yeah….

not very intuitive having to use a clear formatting button to get a quote, but hey ho, I know now so this thread has served its purpose.

thanks

bigblackshed

nope

weeksy

It’s just quite frankly, well…. pathetic.

If a large majority of the userbase can’t even quote a message, then what hope do we have really…

I’m far from thick, i tried the same thing 3 times and got varied levels of failure.

Rubbish

RUBBISH

bearnecessities

No need to highlight text

trailwagger
    Free Member

There is a preview button you know 🙂

what? don’t complicate things now!

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Let’s test it then.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Let’s test it then.

trailwagger
    Free Member

<span style=”display: inline !important; float: none; background-color: transparent; color: #444444; font-family: ‘Helvetica Neue’,’Helvetica’,Helvetica,Arial,sans-serif; font-size: 12px; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: 400; letter-spacing: normal; line-height: 14.4px; orphans: 2; text-align: left; text-decoration: none; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; white-space: normal; word-spacing: 0px;”>Copy text, paste, highlight the text, use the “eraser” button, second from the right to clear the formatting, then with the text still highlighted, press the quote button.</span>

zippykona

What quote button? 😉

Now how to do videos?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 209 total)

The topic ‘New Forum – An idiots Guide’ is closed to new replies.