Home Forums News New Cotic Rocket is a steel frame ebike with external battery

Viewing 5 posts - 81 through 85 (of 85 total)
  • New Cotic Rocket is a steel frame ebike with external battery
  • Hmm, looks like a Kingdom hate-**** a mobility scooter and this is the result of that insidious carnal union.

slackboy

Some detailed videos now on youtube

slackboy

and as far as looks. I think I know which one i’d prefer (hint: its not the black one)

p5pb27396017

Screenshot 2024-10-24 192131

didnthurt

Shame that they couldn’t design it so the battery fits at the bottom of the triangle like where the bag is in this pic. I’m sure if you could custom build a battery you could get one to fit, even around the motor. Would look loads better IMO.

rocketMAX-mobilehead

RustyNissanPrairie

I think a bigger issue is why a frame and motor should cost £6.5k. This isn’t having a dig at Cotic I’m sure they aren’t running on massive profit margins and rolling around in Bentley’s but rather that it represents the true cost of small scale manufacturing in the UK and how massively uncompetitive it is.

I always use this comparison – but a (new) Honda CRF 300 Rally (big road legal trail bike) is £200 more than the Cotic frame; but for a full motorbike. I know ‘economics of scale’ / production automation / salaries but it just highlights that something is wrong.

https://www.hondaofbournemouth.co.uk/products/new-honda-bikes-honda-of-bournemouth-crf300l-rally

Viewing 5 posts - 81 through 85 (of 85 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.