Home Forums News New Cotic Rocket is a steel frame ebike with external battery

Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)
  • New Cotic Rocket is a steel frame ebike with external battery
    StuF

People may object to the battery placement, or the external cable guides, or something else. But I know that Cy and the Cotic team will have put design effort into every bit of that bike with a view of it being usable, maintainable and rides superbly in British conditions by the average bike rider. They won’t put in integrated hidden cables just because it look pretty but you have to bleed your brakes every time you want to change your stem.  I would much prefer a bike that is functional and rides well to one that just looks pretty – and we know that skinny steel tubes just look right.

They are supporting British manufacturing – this has to be a good thing.

Best of luck to them.

cy

@StuF Thank you

ChrisL

I’m not looking for an ebike in the forseeable future, but I appreciate how Cy has explained the reasoning behind the design, and has come on here to a partly sceptical audience to address specific questions and concerns. It’s all very interesting to see behind the curtain like this!

z1ppy

fairy muff, personnally no one I know (e-bike owners) would ever spend money on a shimano powered bike. Even brose has a better rep, go on throw an email at DJI… everyone wants one of them

intheborders
    Free Member

fairy muff, personnally no one I know (e-bike owners) would ever spend money on a shimano powered bike.

So you know no one with an Orbea (Rise) or a Vitus or a…?

PrinceJohn

fairy muff, personnally no one I know (e-bike owners) would ever spend money on a shimano powered bike. Even brose has a better rep, go on throw an email at DJI… everyone wants one of them

Only if they do them with Lewis brakes.

fazzini

I couldn’t begin to afford this, nice as it is, but I think the best part of all, is that you are all able to interact with the owner of the company directly on here. It’s very refreshing 🙂

weeksy

So you know no one with an Orbea (Rise)

Waves.

anorak

Is there going to be a C1 ( or smaller) version?

Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.