Home Forums Bike Forum New Bike Day – Pipedream Sirius S6

• This topic has 10 replies, 8 voices, and was last updated 1 week ago by heyne.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • New Bike Day – Pipedream Sirius S6
    mccraque

Very sad to say goodbye to the Solaris – but grabbed one of these in June of last year…..and then waited. And waited. Eventually got it just before Xmas and have since built it up. Here’s it’s first sunny ride.

siriuss6

First impressions are very good. I was worried about a low stack but feels very civilised with a 20mm rise bar and a 120mm fork. I’ve only done 20 milers thus far and not had a chance to go further / get it around some singletrack. But it’s a confident descender and climbs ok too.

Only slight gripe is the lack of bottle bosses within the frame and I’ve had to use a cage shifter in order to fit a 1.5l frame wedge between the seat and top tubes. Assumed there would be more “in frame” storage given the intended use.

Anyone else put theirs together yet?

spacey

That’s a beauty, would love one.

matt_outandabout

I really fancy one of these – but struggle with the short head tube in larger sizes.
    A Solaris rectifies that… :(

Tom83

Looking good!

chiefgrooveguru

That looks great! I’d love to try a Sirius (especially a Ti one) head to head with my Moxie.

onecheshirecat
    Free Member

Awesome looking bike.

inbred853

Great looking hard tail there.  I did the preorder for one when they first got announced, but got a bit bored with the wait and got another frame of similar geo.

mccraque

What did you go for @inbred853 – I had the Pasilla Juntu as a back up….

inbred853

macraque, went for a Dawley Rallye, custom geo and matt olive paint.  Just waiting for some copper anodised components to finish the build.

mccraque

Very nice!! 👌 

heyne
    Free Member

Nice looking bike ! I just entered the waiting phase on my side !
    How does it ride compared to the solaris ? On flat xc and technical if you were able to try it all
    have fun !

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.