Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Nerf gun bullets
  • adjustablewench
    Free Member

Many moons ago I ordered some Nerf gun bullets either from a forum member or via a link they send me

I got a bulk lot as we have a lot of kids and was stocking up for the annual Christmas nerf gun war (it’s very festive and dispels a year of pent up sibling animosity)

If anyone is trading in bulk amounts of nerf type bullets (preferably with the softer ends) or knows a good source please shout up

scuttler

Your old thread (I remember it). Northwind’s your man

Nerf gun bullets . . . . bulk buying?

Davesport

Bu99er. Just took a armageddon sized Nerf gun armoury to the charity place. Enough ammo to keep the Terminator happy.

rossburton
    Free Member

It’s also worth knowing that Nerf also sell ‘laser’ blasters. All the fun, but no arguments over who got hit and trying to find the darts afterwards. I’ve had much fun with the kids in the local woods with ours.

footflaps

I’ve bought loads of nerf guns and ammo over the years for nephews / children of friends. I was really impressed by these AMOSTING ones recently:

They flew further and straighter than other makes. I could empty my clip almost entirely with decent body shots on a moving 10 year old and get decent head shots on his father…

kentishman
    Free Member

I have a load in the shed. I don’t know how to put a pic on here so PM with a number and I’ll sent a pic in WhatsApp.

Northwind

Hello! Yeah that’d have been me. Things have moved on though since that thread, better options but prices have gone up a bit.

The first thing is, a lot of the copies are actually better than genuine. The nerf elite darts are a bit crap so the ones I’ll recommend aren’t just cheap, they’re better- fire straighter. The accustrike darts with teh grey tips are brilliant, but bloody expensive, so the cheap ones are slightly less good but not far off it.

BTW I wouldn’t get those Amosting ones, they work pretty well and they’re super cheap but they’re hard tipped so way more painful, I definitely wouldn’t want to get one in the eye. There’s allround better options for just a little more money.

There’s 2 really good options now and they’re pretty much as good as each other. There’s the “accufake” which is a very good chinese copy of the genuine nerf accustrike darts, with the twisty end. And there’s waffle darts, which have a foam tip with holes right through it.

https://3.bp.blogspot.com/-o3_S4M3Os5w/Wrrx4ortAcI/AAAAAAAAG9E/WOJmUnLYa0Adu3Y1_WXZosb99HAs_PGKACLcBGAs/s1600/20180328_121517.jpg

the one on the left is the old “koosh” dart that I recommended before, old news. The middle 2 are different examples of waffle type darts, tbh they’re all good, don’t stress over the exact shape. The one on the right is the “accufake”- they’re what I get now. They perform pretty much the same as the waffle types but looking like the real thing is a bonus.

I wouldn’t buy anything else, online anyway. Not genuine nerf, not any other cheapies, just those 2. My mate runs nerf parties and he goes through tens of thousands of these and they just work, in everything.

If you want to buy in a shop then Xshot are nearly nerf compatible- they don’t always shoot well out of the battery powered guns as they’re a wee bit shorter but they’re great in everything else, and cheap. Knex are also cheap and good if you can find them, they’re often in bargain bins because the guns are shite.

You have to watch out for half-sized darts now, that’s a big thing but they’re useless for normal nerf guns so just make sure you’re buying the long ones.

I have a thousand in the post which should arrive before christmas so if anyone’s in a panic let me know, I don’t usually sell just the darts but if it helps fix a problem I can!

johnnystorm

What @northwind said, I try and plan ahead and get them from Aliexpress and live with the wait for the Accufakes and try not to lose/wear out too many before they arrive.

I’ve also got the laser nerf set up and to be honest, it’s just no fun. There’s no “consequence” and the invisible projectile is dull. 🤣

Northwind

Yeah, you can’t shoot someone in the dick with laser tag

jeffl

Yeah, you can’t shoot someone in the dick with laser tag

This is very very true. Or a nice head-shot on the forehead.

tonyd

Where do you get those accufake ones from @northwind ? We usually get the kids some nerf bullets as stocking fillers.

GHill

I second the “where to buy accufake”. Mini-me is getting his first Nerf guns on the 25th.

Northwind

I usually get them from aliexpress, just for cheapness since I buy in bulk but that’ll be too late for christmas I think. I couldn’t see a good price in the UK when looking just now- looks like ebay might have had a crackdown on “fake” darts? The waffles are more common, these look a reasonable buy

GHill

Thanks @Northwind

neilforrow

@northwind – have you got a shop or some sort of link where you flog your kit??

Also, my lad is on about fly wheel mods. Are they worth it, or do they make it all a bit too much?

Cheers, Neil.

Northwind

I do but I’m not going to link it here- tbh all I do is resell stuff now, I used to 3d print bits and do whole blasters but now I basically just buy big cheap lots and sell the good stuff. Pays for the hobby at least! But anything I sell, you can usually do better tbf!

Mods… It’s an absolute rabbithole, so here comes a really long answer.

Worth it? It can be fun, and interesting- I know kids now doing engineering at uni who got interested because of fannying around with nerf guns. It’s a really nice sized spannering and soldering project. So it can be worth it just for its own sake.

The question really is what he wants to do with it. I mentioned a mate of mine runs nerf parties, I help out sometimes and sometimes I just play 🙂 He’s got a hard limit of 100 feet per second- a normal nerf gun shoots 60-70 feet per second, 100 is about the point where they start getting a bit too powerful and also where the kid with the normal blaster just can’t keep up. If you were just messing about with your mates and turned up with a 130FPS Nemesis, it’s pretty much going to suck for everyone, you’re just too powerful and nobody’s going to want to play

So, 100fps is a pretty reasonable target and pretty easy to do- stick a 2S lipo cell in it, rewire to suit, and it’ll be good for about that. it’ll burn out the motors eventually, but it takes a while and you can worry about that later. No need for cages or flywheels or anything. Lipo has some fire risks, lifepo is arguably more sensible but tbh they’re pretty stable. It needs a little basic soldering and drilling. If you want to do fully automatic that’s a bit harder. Pretty much everyone starts with a stryfe.

And it’s not just how hard it shoots- it makes them more reliable, and also means you don’t get that thing where if you shoot too often they slow down. Basically any standard flywheeler with a good battery in it just feels right, like it ought to have been that way from the factory.

A lot of people stick IMR batteries into battery blasters, it’s not even really a mod and it does work pretty well- it’s frowned on because the batteries aren’t really up to the job and in theory it damages them and again, fire risk. But in practice everyone’s heard of someone it happened to but just about nobody’s actually seen it happen.

If he’s playing with other people with modded blasters, or he wants to do it for a project, then the sky’s basically the limit. Some of the things people come up with just amazing… For example,

In the end, the biggest performance mod, is a big dump pouch bag and some extra magazines though.

adjustablewench
    Free Member

Thank you Northwind you are a star, bullets ordered! I had tried to search for nerf and just found load of F1 posts bizarrely

It’s been a rough year but I’m actually looking forward to the chaos of the Christmas nerf battle.

neilforrow

@northwind – cheers and useful info. He just wants to make some mods and mess about with it. Something I can get involved with too. I’ll get on the battery hunt and go from there.

Not being lazy, but if you have a link to batteries that work (and fit) well, that would be spot on. If not, no worries.

Cheers, Neil.

Northwind

Don’t have a link but Hobbyking have a brilliant size guide for their batteries so you can measure up the battery box and find your ideal fit

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Nerf gun bullets’ is closed to new replies.