Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 243 total)
  • Neighbours smoking (is there anything we can do)
  • slackalice
    Free Member

Set up your own grow op in your loft/attic and make a few quid from the captive market just next door.

Someone’s already given you pointers as to how to ventilate the area. 75mm Cellotex will keep the helicopters guessing and if you’re clever with 24volt and LED’s with a small solar array, it won’t cost much to light.

A three crop rotation of about 20 plants will give you a very welcome boost to your monthly household income and enable you to go away on regular holidays too. Just don’t forget the automatic irrigation system when you do 😀

If you really want to progress the rate of R&D into cancer cures, then just distill the harvested growth to produce pure THC oil, which looks set to be the next best thing for killing cancer cells.

Everyone is a winner 😀

yunki
    Free Member

good logic 🙂

stoffel
    Free Member

**** me I’m glad I don’t have many of you lot for my neighbours. 🙄

jambourgie
    Free Member

**** me, I could murder a spliff now…

8)

slackalice
    Free Member

Got you covered jambourgie 😀

mattsccm
    Free Member

No idea what the law is. If its against the law then you bloody well have a moral obligation to report them, irrelevant of what others think. It would be a crime.
    If it is legal I sympathise. It sodding stinks. Foul.
    Possibly in this case you proceed as if it was any other possible nuisance. Ask nicely then check if there are legal things you can do in the same way that you might eventually contemplate formal action about a barking dog or non stop music.
    If your concern is purely a worry about their health, mind your own business.

gwaelod
    Free Member

Change your Wifi router SSID to “DrugsSquad”

chewkw
    Free Member

CaptainFlashheart – Member

Option 1 – kill them
    Option 2 – kill yourself
    Option 3 – kill EVERYONE!

😯

… hhhmmm … someone is slowly catching up … 😆

somafunk

As slackalice above – but hypothetically i’d disagree with use of 20 plants and leds, that’s a great deal of plants to keep on top of, if it was me i’d go one of the newer style of lights such as a Dimlux 600w on a light rail and pay particular attention to the control of the growing environment as the control of what is known as “vapour pressure deficit” is often overlooked so you’d ideally use a closed loop PLC system, prob a dimlux maxi controller which could also dial in CO2 at 1500ppm during bloom, max of 6 to 8 plants using a IWS hydro system and you’re good to go.

Then get in touch with Dr Geoffrey Guy at GW pharmaceuticals and offer your services.

In all seriousness don’t be a snitch, just say to them the smell is very obvious and there are people talking about it, hopefully they’ll be a bit more subtle in future and hopefully they’ll be appreciative.

v666ern
    Free Member

If they had a problem with you would you like them to bitch to anyone that would listen or TALK TO YOU?
    Grow the **** up its a bit of green, it’s not like it’s crack, their only concern is getting the high score on mario kart!

I’m sure there’s a mike skinner song about this

dannyh
    Free Member

If you don’t like them smoking you really shouldn’t have set fire to them in the first place.

stoffel
    Free Member

No idea what the law is. If its against the law then you bloody well have a moral obligation to report them, irrelevant of what others think. It would be a crime.

Comeo n, get a grip. Do you spend your life reporting every single ‘crim’ you witness?

slackalice
    Free Member

Liking your style Somafunk.

jambourgie
    Free Member

I’d love to be able to grow my own personal plants legally. It’d be a great hobby that you could really get into. I imagine a ‘STW Growers Thread’ would be a goldmine of information.

DISCLAIMER: In theory only. I would never do it as it is illegal and therefore morally wrong and EVIL… won’t somebody think of the children etc…

elliott-20
    Free Member

Forget the dope stoners, this is just a simple case of annoying neighbours.

At the beginning of the year, ours picked up 3 of the most annoying, barking little runts going. Same thing, different antagonist.

If it is eroding your happiness say something or shut up. We all have choices.

I told our neighbours to either train their dogs to stop barking at everything or keep them inside as my wife works from home and it was getting beyond a joke.

Incidentally, we’re now moving house.

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

just peep out of the window now and again wearing this. That should sort it, they should barricade themselves indoors and seal all the windows after repeat viewings of their new ‘neighbour’ 🙂

stoffel
    Free Member

You can grow hemp plants perfectly legally*. It’s the ‘cultvating cannabis for use and/or sale’ bit that’s illegal.

*Well, it’s a bit complex, and you’d need a licence for the governemnt to do so, but basically, if you had a hemp/cannabs plant purely as a decorative house plant, and could prove no intent to cultivate it for the production of a controlled substnce, then it would be practically impossible to be prosecuted. Especially if it’s a male plant.

chambord
    Free Member

just peep out of the window now and again wearing this. that should sort it

Incredibly realistic for 99p

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

Incredibly realistic for 99p

Yup. Tested by yours truly and reported as working correctly. Raised about 700 decibels over 4 seconds from last recipient.

seosamh77
    Free Member

gwaelod – Member
    Change your Wifi router SSID to “DrugsSquad”

hahaha best idea yet! 😀

pitduck
    Free Member

nuke from space,its the only sure way to keep nw little england safe 😐

flippinheckler
    Free Member

Do all your cooking outside on the BBQ and give them some serious munchies!

skids
    Free Member

get some scented candles

JoeG
    Free Member

Take all of their money…by installing vending machines full of junk food for when they get the munchies! 😉

mikey74
    Free Member

Knock on their door, introduce yourself (if you haven’t already met) and explain your concerns, and maybe ask them to limit their smoking to areas where it won’t drift over to you, such as inside or down the far end of their garden.

grum
    Free Member

mikey74 +1

That’s the first thing to try surely?

passtherizla
    Free Member

Haha brilliant thread.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Mikey74 +1 then if they ignore you tell the local cops when the dealer comes round.

konabunny
    Free Member

I’m a little fed up with my neighbours and their friends constantly smoking weed.

“Hiya, mate, sorry to bother you, I just wanted to let you know that when you smoke it comes right into my place and really makes it stink. Is there any way you could smoke down the garden where it will smell less?”.

v666ern
    Free Member

Knock on their door, introduce yourself (if you haven’t already met) and explain your concerns, and maybe ask them to limit their smoking to areas where it won’t drift over to you, such as inside or down the far end of their garden.

Its your problem, its their hobby, its a slippery slope next you’ll be standing by the road in a hi viz jacket pointing a hairdryer at cars

Alcohol abuse kills 2.5 million people worldwide each year. The green stuff has led to exactly zero recorded deaths. Ever.

Maybe find a different battle to winge fight about (FTR i was at the chelt race for life on sunday not spying on my neighbours)

tomaso
    Free Member

Have you tried talking to your neighbours? You know like

“Hey I really can’t stand smoke and have lost good friends to cancer and it is something I really can’t stand. It is unpleasant having you canning weed all day long with smoke drifting into my property. Can we find an amicable solution so we can all get along”

:mrgreen:

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

If its against the law then you bloody well have a moral obligation to report them,

We have a winner……..

samjgeorge86
    Free Member

Don’t tell the cops.. You can’t tell someone you don’t like them smoking weed, then call the cops. It’s more than obvious who called them, plus, stoners are fairly paranoid anyway at times.
    I wouldn’t call the cops full stop, there is not a lot you can do. Yeah you probably don’t like the smell but seriously, you can’t do a lot.
    My first post said call the Police, which I immediately said I wouldn’t, and I stand by it. Don’t call the cops. It does no body any favours. They are just enjoying a small pleasure in life
    Just put up with it. Or like somafunk and slackalice said, profit from the fairly captive market. 8)

bigyinn
    Free Member

Is this the same neighbour that you had a falling out with over her kids?

The big question to me is it block or green?

DT78
    Free Member

I have the same issue. Though it has happened twice, new neighbours smoke in the garden and because of the weather / windows open it stinks out my house. Families with kids either side. I really don’t like the smell, it makes clothes stink (I don’t want to smell of weed in my job) and it affects the taste of food, like cigs do.

The four of them also make a lot of racket with stupid sounds and shouting with their windows open, presumably when they are high.

So I spoke to them and told them if they want to smoke to do it away from my house down the end of their garden or go to the park or something. I smell it once more, I call their landlord (I have already had to do this when they had bin bags of food and rubbish stuck outside the front of the house for 2 months) if I smell it again after that I call the police.

I’m not messing about with live and let live. It pisses me off, it is illegal and it makes my house stink. They probably think I’m a complete arsehole but do you know what, I actually don’t care, they can think whatever they like as long as the keep the noise down, don’t blow smoke into my house and don’t dump rubbish.

Your choice is sit there and take it, in which cases probably best to try to forget about it otherwise it will eat you up. Or go and have a word, and then at least you have tried to take action.

I also expect them to be gone in 6 months so I can potential cope with that.

It’s been quiet and smoke free for 2 whole days now, I think to be fair they just didn’t realise how much it smells.

soobalias
    Free Member

to be fair, proper stinky skunk, proper stinks.

grow them something milder, cheaper that way you are both happy

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

Do what we did, move in next door to an ex chief of police.

Ain’t nobody smoking weed round our hood.

dazh

Someone’s already given you pointers as to how to ventilate the area. 75mm Cellotex will keep the helicopters guessing and if you’re clever with 24volt and LED’s with a small solar array, it won’t cost much to light.

A three crop rotation of about 20 plants will give you a very welcome boost to your monthly household income and enable you to go away on regular holidays too. Just don’t forget the automatic irrigation system when you do

That’s just about the most useful thing I’ve ever read on here 😀

crankrider
    Free Member

Sod all of this liberal crap, you want to be a borderline drug addict then toddle off somewhere else and dont make other peoples lives a misery doing it.

I have nothing at all against people smoking occasionally and socially that dont inflict others with it on a constant basis, i can see why you are annoyed.

Call the police, it was illegal last time i checked…

v666ern
    Free Member

lots of things are illegal, bet you all speed everyday

must be nice in your ivory towers

If its against the law then you bloody well have a moral obligation to report them,

We have a winner…….

Glastonbury would have been **** desolate this year then

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 243 total)

The topic ‘Neighbours smoking (is there anything we can do)’ is closed to new replies.