Home Forums Bike Forum NBD – Gravel Content Within

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • NBD – Gravel Content Within
    stcolin
    Free Member

Well, I’ve been needing a bit of positivity in my life after the last few weeks, so my new Ribble Gravel Ti arrived a week early yesterday. I’ve always wanted a titanium frame and decided to treat myself. I have bought it to ultimately replace my Ribble Endurance AL road bike and make the road rides more interesting all year round. It’s a Gravel Ti in XL, base spec with SRAM APEX AXS and Mavic Allroad wheels. I’ll upgrade the wheels at some point.

A quick spin yesterday down the street was all I had time for, but it feels really nice. I’m sure some gravel purists will wince at the fact it will spend most of it’s time on the road, but I’m not a fast road rider by any means and ride solo 99% of the time.

Ribble Gravel Ti by Colin[/url], on Flickr

tthew

Very nice. I came to the same conclusion a couple of years ago about road bikes. And a good 50% of roads round here are basically gravel and potholes anyway, so they’re the ideal choice.

TiRed

Lovely. Get a second set of wheels with an 12-28 on the back for road riding and you’ll. fly along.

stcolin
    Free Member

Yea, I’ll be interested in how the gearing feels. I have a high cadence naturally, so might not effect me too much.

airvent
    Free Member

Nice. I have SRAM Apex 1x on my gravel bike which also sees mostly road riding and I’m sure I could nip along quicker with a more roadie gearing setup but I’m not racing so I don’t really care. It’s nice having one less mech to set up and keep adjusted.

matt_outandabout

That does look very classy. —insert OK hand emoji—

I too am of the view that if your not racing or chasing Strava, a more comfortable and capable bike has very few downsides while on road.

beej

Just been out on my new Crux. Roads round here are like off-road anyway so a gravel bike felt much safer than a road bike, and more comfortable.

The Ribble is lovely.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.