Viewing 35 posts - 361 through 395 (of 395 total)
  • MyHermes: Divide by Zero
  • nicko74

I’m not sure if I’d prefer MH or ‘still living in the dark ages’ Canada Post. They were running adverts 2 or 3 years ago saying “in the future you’ll do most of your shopping online and have it delivered straight to your door by Canada Post!”. In the future?!? I’ve been shopping online for at least 15 years. Never mind the fact that my building complex doesnt have mail boxes, so you need to go to the post office itself to get mail and parcels. At this time of year it’s usually a 30 minute wait, sometimes 45 or an hour. And they’ll only hold things for 10 days. Fun fun fun.

Canada Post just delivered a microwave I’d ordered online today, and had managed to actually break it structurally. It’s a shame, as our postman is absolutely awesome, but the system as a whole is just a shambles and makes Royal Mail look very competent. Sadly with the Canadian outlook on “competition”, it’s Canada Post or nowt for most things.

And your online shopping comments made me chuckle. It’s like stepping back 10 years – even Amazon here is just a joke compared to the UK or US (or DE, ES etc) versions.

zokes
    Free Member

Canada Post just delivered a microwave I’d ordered online today, and had managed to actually break it structurally. It’s a shame, as our postman is absolutely awesome, but the system as a whole is just a shambles and makes Royal Mail look very competent. Sadly with the Canadian outlook on “competition”, it’s Canada Post or nowt for most things.

And your online shopping comments made me chuckle. It’s like stepping back 10 years – even Amazon here is just a joke compared to the UK or US (or DE, ES etc) versions.

If it’s any consolation, Australia Post are almost as bad. It seems that they must have photocopied Royal Mail on a printer with a dodgy toner cartridge when they borrowed the plans to set up postal systems in the colonies…

yourguitarhero
    Free Member

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2017/dec/18/hermes-delivery-drivers-diary-shows-flipside-to-christmas-shopping

Interestingly, they don’t get paid for the redeliveries.
    One part of the crappy system that has created my inability to get a parcel delivered

wallop

I was just about to post that link – it’s funny how they’ve not enabled comments 😆

Jamie
    Free Member

I reckon that diary was posted by a Guardian staffer.

Just seems a bit off.

Yours, myhermes shill.

DezB
    Free Member

I ordered something that was posted My Hermes (paid for next day delivery and it took 3 working days, but you know , Christmas an all that), but I was able to go on the website and specify a safe-place. I said “Lob it over the back gate” and there it was. Don’t other deliveries give this option?

I reckon that diary was posted by a Guardian staffer.

Definitely – even the first entry – tea, whisky, money? Really? 😕

simons_nicolai-uk
    Free Member

So I’d like to add iPostParcels to the ‘beyond hopeless’ list. We self-built our house in London so got to know the delivery drivers for every courier company in our area, quite a few by name – they know our name/address/house. A load of them wave to us if they see us out and about. We’re both based at home so very rare to get a missed deliveries.

However, booked an iPost parcel collection last week for 10th. No-one came on the 10th (Customer services “Driver said he called and the parcel wasn’t packed up ready”). Or the 11th (Driver said he called and ‘insufficient packaging to collect’) so I cancelled that evening and got refund.

email on 12th ‘your parcel will be collected between x and x today’
    email this morning ‘your parcel willl be collected between x and x today’

zokes
    Free Member

If it’s any help, on Friday DHL delivered me a kids bike from CRC here in Adelaide. Great service, accurate tracking, all present and correct, so far so good…

…Only 4 hours later they then delivered the “2nd half” of the previously complete consignment, that appears to be a load of coffee pods from a company in London to a company in London. Only they’re here, in my office, in Adelaide. I seems DHL have no idea how or why.

trail_rat
    Free Member

Dpd **** up my shock to flotec.

Missed the deadline to have work done before their training closure.

Shockless for 10 days thanks to dpd 🙁

stevedoc
    Free Member

Im glad im not the only one

CRC order placed am Thursday paid for nextday AM again something wanted for the weekend sir

No tracking Friday and no show
    Get email Saturday we will attempt delivery between 9-12pm ..waiting and no show again. tracking then read card left parcel left 9.34am parcel has been delivered and will re attempt Monday 18th WTAF ?
    Parcel arrived by random lady in a car at 9.15 am today no signature asked for just handed over ?

Cant wait to speak to CRC tomorrow .. refund and collect your stuff !

dmorts

Took a delivery in from Yodel last week and one of the boxes was bashed up so had been taped back together. The courier said “Open and check it before you sign. Check the others too” (which looked fine). I was shocked and thought aren’t you supposed to ask me to sign straight away then mumble something about complaining to customer service as you quickly walk/run away?

Checked all contents and was fine, so signed and away he went.

Edinburgh too BTW

tomhoward

Parcel arrived by random lady in a car at 9.15 am today no signature asked for just handed over ?

Or, refund for the thing that has no record of ever arriving…

wiggles
    Free Member

If its not a signed for delivery then they wouldnt ask you to sign for anything would they? just hand over you know like the postman does.

Just had a hermes delivery followed immediately by an email saying “sorry we have had to reschedule your delivery for today” never even had ones telling me it was coming today.

simons_nicolai-uk
    Free Member

So our regular iPost driver turned up yesterday. He’d been on holiday and they’d covered his patch with a temp. He was spending the whole day going round placating pissed off people.

trail_rat
    Free Member

just recieved the dreaded your parcel is with MH …… chances of it being here this week/month ?

stevedoc
    Free Member

tomhoward – Member

Or, refund for the thing that has no record of ever arriving…

Posted 1 day ago #

Parcel was fit only a set of carbon bars , CRC Refunded the postage ,shame it was late but not about to try it on for a free set of bars

trail_rat
    Free Member

MH managed to hand my package over to someone with the same first name as me (not a terribly common name) who lives at the other end of the street.

Good work lads.

whatnobeer
    Free Member

Too add to my earlier Canada Post rant, they’ve seemingly managed to lose some rather important visa related paper work. It’s a tracked 2 day service and my parcel has apparently not moved from RIchmond in 12 days. I asked them to investigate and all they say is that they can confirm it’s not been delivered. Well, no shit.

woffle
    Free Member

Well, Parcelfarce, on a 48hr service booked via Parcels2go have just excelled themselves. Collected from the office (in London) around 5:30pm. Arrived before 9am the following morning in Cornwall.

Go figure.

thenorthwind

I ordered something from eBay last week. Free postage. It turned up the following day, delivered by a self-employed courier, in Amazon packaging, with an Amazon packing note in it with an order number and everything. I reckon the seller must have ordered it sent to me as a gift.

tjagain

I am now at the mercy of Hermes for a delivery. Posted wed, nowt on tracking yet other than ” we have it” I think my chances of getting it are very slim indeed. We shall see

simonloco
    Free Member

TNT managed to deliver one of my old customers their forks on time, along with a midi digger 😮

zokes
    Free Member

Christ, that’s one up on my free crap coffee from DHL!

simonloco
    Free Member

The guy friend had signed for it so had actually been left in the office car park, enjoyed calling TNT to ask them to collect it 😆

tjagain

Well well well. I eat my words. My hermes delivered to me in leith at the first attempt and actually found my flat.

atlaz
    Free Member

Was talking to my dad the other day and he asked if I’d had a gift sent to them. Apparently they got a myhermes card through the door without a tracking number. They called MyHermes they not only said that there wasn’t a delivery for my parents but there wasn’t one in their street that day but that someone may deliver the parcel “soon”. Quite how a non-existent item can be delivered is a great mystery to us all.

Freester

I had my first My Hermes delivery today. Ebay said RM but it got dispatched via MH.

Despatched yesterday delivered today. I’ve nothing exciting to add to this thread 🙁

jolmes
    Free Member

Using My Hermes Light and Large service for a bike, currently going through their claim process as its had no updates since collection 🙁

DezB
    Free Member

They’ve just put their prices up by 50p across the board. Not such an attractive option now, even for those whose parcels get to the right place. Small package gone from £2.79 to £3.29 🙁

jimjam
    Free Member

26: What can we do to improve your experience with Hermes customer service?

Nothing. Your customer service is so far gone and so far removed from anything resembling helpful or useful that you would be better served doubling down on your useless frustrating practices in the hope that ultimately your sheer incompetence combined with the terrible amount of frustration you are generating somehow creates a perpetual engine of evil which tears a hole through space and time opening a gateway to hell. Prospective customers wishing to have parcels delivered can simply fling their parcels into hell, and instead of using your customer services recipients can venture into the depraved depths of Hades and hoke around in a never ending void of agony and psychic misery which would be a huge improvement on the current situation.

Thank you and have a nice day 🙂

egb81
    Free Member

I see CRC are now using myhermes.  Paid for next day shipping, it’s nowhere to be seen.  Tracking simply says Order Placed.  CRC has gone to poo since the Wiggle takeover.

WillH

I ordered a cover for my Kindle from AliExpress a couple of weeks ago.  $8 for the item, and free shipping.  It was delivered in NZ three days later, not too shabby!

Our local NZ Post driver is a lazy fecker though.  Without fail he just sticks a card in the letterbox (at the end of the drive, don’t have them in the front doors here), sometimes with ‘driveway’ written on it.

Fair enough, we have a long and steep drive, but every other courier company in town, all of whom use the same Hi-Ace vans, can make it down and up again no problem.  Just not the NZ Post nobber.

grtdkad

Any body on here actually work for myhermes?

our local chap is pretty good tbh, I’m more worried about stuff I send out using them now 🙄

ratherbeintobago

I ordered some (small) bits from BicycleHero, who are, it turns out, in Korea.

No sign five months later.

Don’t know if it’s dodgy shop, or dodgy courier.

Alpha1653

I suppose every day’s a school day. I made the mistake of posting a thomson stem to someone on this forum via Hermes and writing ‘MTB Parts’ in the contents box. Surprise surprise, the package ‘has been lost’…

Its taken 3 attempts just to get them to send me a claim form. I won’t be using them again.

Viewing 35 posts - 361 through 395 (of 395 total)

The topic ‘MyHermes: Divide by Zero’ is closed to new replies.