Home Forums Bike Forum MTB trousers with non-elasticated ankle cuffs

• This topic has 22 replies, 17 voices, and was last updated 6 days ago by mashr.
Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • MTB trousers with non-elasticated ankle cuffs
  • dawson

Any suggestions?

I want them to go over the top of my winter boots which the elasticated ankle cuff type won’t do.

I have some Endura Hummvee trousers, but wondered if there are others to consider

davros

Endura mt500

StuF

I’ve some madison ones which has a velcro closure but even fully open it’s too small to go over a shoe / boot which makes it a pain if you want to take them off mid ride.

mtbfix

I’ve got a pair each of Humvee trousers and the MT500 Spray. The latter has a much more generous fit at the bottom of the leg so they sit nicely over my winter boots. The Humvee trouser is a much closer fit at the ankle by comparison.

dawson

Thank, will check them out

Troy Lee Skyline are non-elasticated.

b33k34

Ion Shelter

mashr

Troy Lee Skyline are non-elasticated.

Correct, and really good trews, but I don’t see them going over the top of boots.

Has anyone suggested gaiters yet?

fossy

Altura go over my boots.

spannermonkey

There is a PSA for the Endura Humvees in the pinned PSA thread: https://amzn.eu/d/eQUGCBc

bens
    Free Member

Madison Zenith 4 season if you don’t want waterproof.

Well, they’re partly waterproof. On the leg and bum but normal material everywhere else.

submarined
    Free Member

I’d have thought most MTB trews are going to be tapered leg to get the leg away from the chain. All the ones I’ve ever had have been. You may have more luck looking at walking type trousers?

MoreCashThanDash

Fat Lad at the Back

StirlingCrispin

Keela Roadrunner Trousers.

Have a velcro bit to bring in the ankles.

Roadrunner Trousers

scotroutes

Roadrunners are a good call.

I have what must be the previous version of the Decathlon Rockriders. Although semi-elasticated at the ankle, they fit well over my winter boots.

bens
    Free Member

What boots do they need to go over? There’s a big difference between needing to fit over a neoprene cuff vs something styled like a hiking boot.

TLD Resist fit over my Lake boots but not my Mavics. The Lakes have a cuff like the Shimano and Northwave boots.

mudfish

Endura spray are a nice fit and comfy but a very long way from being waterproof. Wet foliage or a few puddles and they are soaked through. Madison may be better product if you want to keep dry.

bens
    Free Member

The Madison Zenith wet through pretty quickly too. It’s the inner thigh and seat area which are waterproof. It works well for splashy stuff but yeah, wet ferns and heather lead to wet feet from water running down your legs.

mudfish

The old Madison DTE are great (2 tone black/ grey or green/ black –  there’s Velcro at the cuff.
    You mean to pull down over your boots not to pull on whilst wearing boots I presume?
    The new Madison DTE is really narrow at the cuff and come up short .
    In any case,  once pedalling your pants will need to be very long to stay put over boot tops. Better get wellies.

_tom_
    Free Member

The On-One trail trousers aren’t elasticated but might be a bit too tight at the bottom to fit over a boot depending how big it is. Good trousers at a great price though!

dawson

Hi, thanks for the further replies.

For clarity, I want them to sit over the top of the cuff of my winter boots (Shimano MW7), not for removing without taking my shoes off.

Currently leaning towards the Mt500 spray, but there seems to be a newer version with a higher back section on the waistband while the older/current version is also available in places (looks to be £20-£30 price difference)

mashr

My missus is another that’s unimpressed with the MT500 Sprays. Luckily she likes them as normal trews as she doesn’t notice them providing any sort of additional waterproofing/resistance in use

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.