Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 438 total)
  • Moto GP 2015
  • rossi46
    Free Member

A third straight championship for this fella?

Or can the Doc take the honours?

Just another 4 months till we can have our race days back!!!! 🙁

weeksy

I expect Marquez to win it again.

Pigface
    Free Member

Bit premature aren’t you?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    firestarter
    Free Member

Heart says rossi but head says mm. Id love rossi to get another one tho so fingers crossed

leegee

Can’t bet against Marquez. I hope Sam Lowes has a good season in Moto 2 and I’m interested in how the returning manufacturers fare.

MSP

Hard to see past MM for the title, but I hope it’s a bit more competitive next year, towards the end of the 2013 season when Lorenzo was bashing fairings with MM I hoped that was the mold being set for the next few years. Even knowing that we are watching a very special talent in MM, it would be even better to see him fight for the title.

Looking forward to seeing Suzuki return to the grid as well, probably too much to expect them to be competitive in their first year, but it would be great if they could also be in the mix.

singlecrack
    Free Member

Be nice to see a few more giving MM a hard time……but tbh …i think itle be a carbon copy of this year ..result wise …..not sure how long honda will persevere with Pedrosa .

Rorschach
    Free Member

Marquez has another 2-3 championships without much to bother him (can’t see the tyre swap upsetting the order too much).
    Hard to see any of the current crop of Moto2 boys worrying him (Mav Vinales maybe,Jack Miller definitely not).

ChrisA
    Free Member

Pedrosa is the perfect accomplice for Marquez, honda have no reason to drop him. He’s fast, professional, consistent & develops the bike. He won’t be a world champion unless something dramatic happens, but as a number 2 rider to Marquez, he’s just about as good as they come

Chest_Rockwell
    Free Member

If Jorge wants another title, it has to be 2015, because the new regs for 2016 probably won’t suit his particular riding style.

Just hope there aren’t too many wet races or he might have to consider taking up fishing. 😆

For anyone that missed his latest ramblings regarding flag to flag races. 😆

http://www.crash.net/motogp/news/211273/1/lorenzo-force-riders-to-pit-in-the-rain.html

I hope he is able to sort himself out in the off-season as he has been all over the place lately…

monkeyfudger
    Free Member

Do we think Suzuki can manufacture enough engines to get thought the season?

Bustaspoke
    Free Member

MM has to be odds on favourite but the Doctor & Jorge are lurking in the shadows,if MM has to miss a couple of rounds or DNF’s then the championship will be wide open.If you don’t know this took place recently ,I’d love to have seen it
    http://motomatters.com/news/2014/01/12/2014_superprestigio_barcelona_dirt_track.html

Crell
    Free Member

Hard to see any of the current crop of Moto2 boys worrying him

Marquez was good in 125 and M2 but he wasn’t leagues ahead of everyone else.

Just look at the end of his last M2 season with his ongoing battles with Redding (who had a huge size / weight disadvantage). The challenge is they’ve put a very talented kid on one of the best bikes. Unless there’s another talented kid on kit that gets near in performance terms, he’ll always be the stand-out rider.

The Espagaros have done really well considering what they’re riding, but unless someone ends up in the factory teams all his 125 and M2 peers will look like also-rans as there’s such a gulf between the top 4 bikes and everyone else.

Chest_Rockwell
    Free Member

there’s such a gulf between the top 4 bikes and everyone else.

This sums up all that is wrong with the sport in it’s current form IMO.

Rule changes and limited testing supposedly to keep costs down, then Dorna let Honda get away with using the seamless transmission which costs silly-money and everyone else has to follow suit to stay with them. 🙄

Scott and Cal have been given ‘factory RCV’s’ but you can bet they’ll be dumbed-down enough so they don’t threaten HRC’s factory wunderkind.

Yamaha aren’t doing themselves any favours either, relying on two older riders in the factory team and letting Honda sign up all of the decent young riders. Don’t want to bash Bradley but he has had a dreadful season and was really lucky to retain his seat. Pol is a decent rider but only time will tell if he can challenge Marquez on equal-ish equipment?

Ducati riders are still testing the 2014 bike as the 2015 one isn’t ready so I can’t see them doing much early next season, even with the concessions that have been afforded to them.

All of this aside, I shall still be watching when the new season gets underway…

br
    Free Member

This sums up all that is wrong with the sport in it’s current form IMO.

Current form? Most motor sport is like this, and tbh there have been many years in MotoGp (and 500’s before) where there was less competition.

Chest_Rockwell
    Free Member

Most motor sport is like this, and tbh there have been many years in MotoGp (and 500’s before) where there was less competition.

I know what you’re saying but it wasn’t that long ago when Ducati were an actual podium threat and Suzuki and Kawasaki were up against their satellite bikes.

It’s a bit of a shame that there’s only four true factory prototypes ATM, then the factory 2 Ducati’s, the satellite bikes and the CRT/privateers or whatever Dorna are calling them nowadays.

It would make the series more exciting if there wasn’t such a gulf in terms of performance and support but it is what it is, I suppose.

Still can’t beat watching those guys trading a bit of paint or putting an elbow down at high speed with a 64 degree lean angle. 😯 😯 😯

We have Bridgestone to thank for allowing the likes of Jorge and Marc to ride like this but Michelin will supply the series in 2016 and I’m not sure if their tyre will offer that amount of edge-grip???

Pigface
    Free Member

Scott and Cal have been given ‘factory RCV’s’ but you can bet they’ll be dumbed-down enough so they don’t threaten HRC’s factory wunderkind.

The only way Cal could threaten MM is if he had a gun 😉

Bustaspoke
    Free Member

I love motorcycle racing but for years I’ve found the MotoGP class to be the least exciting class,the old 250’s & 125’s plus the Moto2 & Moto3 classes all provide more exciting racing.Likewise BSB especially the 600 Supersport class all offer more entertaining races

bikebouy
    Free Member

I stopped watching it when Eurosport lost the TV rights, since then I’ve not seen one race. Bit of a shame really but then I think I bowed out in the last season where Rossi/Pedrosa/Stoner/Lorenzo were elbow to elbow.
    Last time I watched Marquez he was in M2 I think 😆

Glad they’ve gone back to 1000cc engines, what’s next for next year ??

5thElefant
    Free Member

Glad they’ve gone back to 1000cc engines, what’s next for next year ??

Same as this year. 2016 is all change. New tyres and new electronics.

P-Jay
    Free Member

Can’t stand the BT coverage, always loved it on the BBC so watched less of it this year.

The whole sport seems to be in a transition phase but one thing is certain to me, they have to cut costs.

As for who’ll win next year, if the Honda is still so dominant on any track with a wiff of a straight MM will sod off and leave them all.

If Yamaha build the best Bike then, well MM will probably still sod off, but there’s a chance the ‘too old’ Doc might nick a fairytale season.

rossi46
    Free Member

I reckon weve seen a resurgeance of Rossi in the latter half of this season, i think he will continue his current form and hopefully Yamaha can give him the speed to chase down Marquez. Could be back to its elbow banging best in 2015- i sure hope so!

rossi46
    Free Member

Had a nightmare! Internet was cut off and so was tv! I’m now emerging from the dark ages- what’s happened in Moto GP land people, I need updating.
    On the plus side, I’ve just got Back sport- I’ll be up and running in two weeks! Yippee!!

singlecrack
    Free Member

Looks like Stoner is trying on Pedrosa’s boots for size … 😆

boblo
    Free Member

Wysiwyg’s gone so no more live races without a Eurosport sub 🙁

epicyclo

I’m no great fan of Crutchlow, but I reckon he may be a dark horse this year. The early races will tell us for sure.

Brad Smith gets the job done, and is easy to underestimate.

For the championship, I’d like to see Rossi nail it, but another 2nd is probably the reality. I suspect he is Yamaha’s No1 rider again though.

2014 showed that Marquez can get rattled, and that’s probably the only way he will lose this year. The best way to rattle Marquez would be to bring back Stoner. 🙂

I’d love to see the rules changed to no limits to engine size etc, but a set tyre. As many pit stops as you like. That would bring back the sideways bikes.

robbie
    Free Member

Marquez was good in 125 and M2 but he wasn’t leagues ahead of everyone else

Really?
    He would have won the moto 2 a year earlier had the marshals done their job at Sepang!
    Starting at the back of the grid and winning races in 125 and moto 2. If that’s not leagues ahead then I don’t know what is?

jim25

THe race he came from the back of the moto2 grid was amazing! The onboard footage from his bike was pure jaw dropping, watching him carve through the field on the first few laps.
    Talent.

I’m a old Rossi fan, but I really don’t care who wins this year cos I think we can be sure that its going to be a cracker of a year!
    Marqeuz defending his title, Rossi on f]the form of his life, Lorenzo wanting to prove his still got it, Cal on a bike he actually likes, the espargoro’s are both on it.
    Great championship ahead!

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

last year was the first season I havent watched since the Schwantz was riding a pepsi suzuki, have I reason to believe this year will be worth coming back for then?

wolfenstein
    Free Member

this is the one gonna bag the championship this year 2015, yes folks you heard it here first 8)

jota180
    Free Member

Rossi may well be in good form but I reckon his age is against him maintaining it throughout the season.
    He’ll have some very good races but they’ll probably be interspersed with average performances.

rossi46
    Free Member

Don’t forget that the gravel trap can decide a championship, it will be survival of the fittest. Maybe Pedrosa could win it, can’t see it myself – he really has to catch marquez this year!

weeksy

I only bought my sodding ticket last week !

5thElefant
    Free Member

I’m no great fan of Crutchlow, but I reckon he may be a dark horse this year. The early races will tell us for sure.

Have a look at the satellite honda riders from last year. That’s about what you’ll get.

MSP
    sands
    Free Member

MSP – Member
    Oh FFS!

Four posts back – from the second link

“But MCN learned that representatives from Silverstone, including new boss Patrick Allen, flew to Barcelona on February 2 for talks with MotoGP rights owners Dorna about a rescue deal for the British MotoGP.”

From Here

“Ticket sales for the British MotoGP have temporarily been paused as we have received information that the event will not be taking place at Donington in 2015.
    A new venue has been secured and further information about this is to be announced on Thursday.”

jim25

Crap, a new venue has been secured. They obviously mean Silverstone are rubbing their hands together once again. Hate Silverstone as a track, to race on and to watch.

weeksy

Best track in uk to ride IMO.

Plus closest one to my house lol

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 438 total)

The topic ‘Moto GP 2015’ is closed to new replies.