Home Forums Chat Forum Moto G or 4G

• This topic has 8 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by J273.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Moto G or 4G
  • MadBillMcMad

Hi all,

After a new phone for the lad & thinking More G.

The 4G looks more attractive to me from a size point of view,
    but will the 4G phone work OK with a 3G sim ?

EDIT: He will not be on a 4G contract.

cp

yes, will work fine.

the 4g comes with a micro sd card slot so you can put whatever size memory card in you see fit. the mk1 moto g was just 8 or 16gb with no expansion room. depending how much memory you need, this might sway your choice.

mlpinto
    Free Member

I guess you are looking at the 2nd generation (bigger screen) G vs the older 4g? I have the 1st generation non-4g version and the only issue I have is the lack of a micro SD slot as I have the 8Gb version which only really has about 5.5Gb of useable space.

That aside it’s a great phone – does everything I need and the battery life is ace.

cp

the 5inch version is not 4g.

40mpg

I’ve got the 4G one – great phone and nice, useable size. Have a look at Tesco mobile for phones and (seperate) price plans. 4G contracts needn’t be that expensive if you limit mobile data.

MadBillMcMad

Cheers guys.

Yeah looking at 2nd gen.
    The 3g screen looks a bit too big.

Tesco or giffgaff would be great but we have absolutely zero O2 coverage here.

nbt

I’ve got the 4g version. Was debating the v2 but the resolution is the same despite the bigger screen, so I went for the smaller one. ALso the 4g takes an SD card.

theres a 16gb m1 on the classifieds if you don’t mind secondhand

tesco was the cheapest place to buy sim-free – you can buy it cheaper locked to a network then unlock it for a couple of quid I believe

geoffj

The only real issue with them is that the camera is poor imho

J273
    Free Member

Ive a mk1 MOTO G for sale if you are interested.

Great phone – Not used a 4G version myself but this has done me well in the time ive had it.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Moto G or 4G’ is closed to new replies.