Viewing 4 posts - 81 through 84 (of 84 total)
  • Most complicated TV or movie plot?
  • didnthurt

I thought that Inseption wasn’t too bad to understand. I like the ending, kind of eternal sunshine of the spotless mind and the pill choice in the Matrix. Essentially ignorance is bliss even when you know the truth.

Again, cloud atlas was also good but was confusing having the same actors playing different characters in different timelines.

For these sort of films I watch alone, sober and not feeling mentally tired. That way you at least have a chance of following the plot.

I’m going to try Tenet later once the kids are in bed, looking forward to it.

Daffy

Dune, Inception, Interstellar, GoT, etc aren’t really confusing – they’re just intricate.

Cloud Atlas, Vanilla Sky, Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy are both intricate and intense. Any failure to pay attention is punished.

Tenet is (sadly) just rubbish.

Lost was utterly confusing because it wasn’t planned. They had no idea what would happen episode to episode, never mind season to season. The GoT books has aspects of this too – you can tell that it all wasn’t planned in advance as seemingly important characters just…stop.

mashr

Cloud Atlas . . . I’ve read the book, kind of enjoyed (some parts were great). Watched the movie, pretty average. This thread is making feel like I’ve missed something beyond the interlocking souls thing?

Rich_s

The Man in the High Castle utterly lost me, but I suppose it’s got to be complex to carry it off.

Wasn’t helped by me watching the first two series when they came out, then accidentally rewatching one episode that I thought was series 3 ep 1, but was in fact from series 1. And I didn’t realise. Completely threw me.

Viewing 4 posts - 81 through 84 (of 84 total)

The topic ‘Most complicated TV or movie plot?’ is closed to new replies.