Viewing 34 posts - 81 through 114 (of 114 total)
  • More total e-bike bell-endery
  • tthew

We need to give nuff respect to DazH of this parish, who not only did it on Sunday in a very impressive 3 mins 50, but also got me to get him a pint in for when he crossed the line

3:50?! The halfwit should have done it on one of those e-bike things, he’d have been twice as fast!

scc999

<div class=”bbp-reply-author”>Tomhoward
    <div class=”bbp-author-role”>
    <div class=””>Subscriber</div>
    </div>
    </div>
    <div class=”bbp-reply-content”>

I think you mean Impotent

Thats why he wears a suit

<span class=”bbp-reply-post-date”>Posted 4 hours ago</span></div>

<div>Lol.</div>
    <div>Just to let you know that I appreciated it, even if no one else did!

</div>

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Isn’t it one of the Culture novels where Kudos is actually a currency?

Pedants point… It’s the Algebraist, not a culture one but probably just a galaxy over.

Right then back to bashing e-bikes, have w caught him yet?

sarawak
    Free Member

Juniors had to wear a helmet but not seniors.

thegeneralist
    Free Member

certain activities do seem to attract bellends. I give you Jetskiing.

Agreed.

Though I do recall a very confused pair of jetskiers under the deep dark cliffs of Berry Head in Devon.  I was doing The Magical Mystery Tour deep water solo traverse and had just got to the bit you need to swim. I was stood on the ledge as they were tearing about in the bay. They spotted me and came screaming over in what appeared to be full on This Is The Moment We’ve Been Dreaming Of Ever Since We Bought These Stupid Things – Rescue Mode.

They looked at me. I looked at them. They waited for me to start crying with joy and relief. Instead I took off my rock boots, put them on the top of my head, tied them down with my chalk bag sling and proceeded to swim across the gap. Put my boots on and continued climbing.

They revved off soon after…

Yeah, I know CSB

😁

ransos
    Free Member

Have you ridden up the Rake?

Many times. There’s only a short section that’s properly steep. I reckon there’s a few harder climbs in Lancashire.

dudeofdoom

I reckon a hater hired an ebike for the day and used full face to hide his identity 🙂

the00
    Free Member

Looks like an internet troll in physical form. I wonder if it could be an agent from a hostile power trying to stoke feelings of fear and and anxiety within the cycling world…

Makes you think!

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Looks like an internet troll in physical form.

Where was he hiding his keyboard?

tomhoward

Where was he hiding his keyboard?

Up the buttress?

Bregante

I too witnessed this exchange. it’s not clear from the photo of the article but the e-biker was not alone, he was with his mate who also rode all the way up the Rake on his human powered full sus alongside his electrically assisted friend, although he didn’t get all pointy fingered and shouty*.

So he was less of a knob than Mr full face, but he was still a knob.

*possibly because he was blowing out of his a**e.

colp

The ebiker must have made him do it though, or the ebiker’s nan. It’s definitely something to do with an evil ebike overlord at least.

senorj

Someone must have caught the stormtrooper on camera, I’ll look forward to seeing the video on you tube,….. brute of a climb btw.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Not really sure why it being an ebike has any relevance here?

It’s not. People like to chuck this in because it suits their point of view and makes a good inflammatory headline.

geex
    Free Member

ebiker’s nan.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Did the guy on the bike (lets not call him a cycolist or refer to the ebike) actually have any point other than (presumably) objecting to the road being closed and being flamed for riding up it?

nbt

binners wrote

None of them wear helmets.

Have you ridden up the Rake? You’re unlikely to get up enough speed to do yourself much damage. Walking is generally quicker.

Hang on a mo. The winner got up The Rake in about 2’30”. No WAY I’d get up that quick on foot. If i tried go that fast, I’d be doubled over and puking my guts up before halfway, and so would you

bigyan
    Free Member

Not really sure why it being an ebike has any relevance here?

It’s not. People like to chuck this in because it suits their point of view and makes a good inflammatory headline.

Same relevance as;

Man shot dead by cyclist

Both people were going to do things, on foot, on a bike or in a car.

DezB
    Free Member

No WAY I’d get up that quick on foot. If i tried go that fast

You really shouldn’t take a binners post so literally.

nbt

DezB wrote

No WAY I’d get up that quick on foot. If i tried go that fast

You really shouldn’t take a binners post so literally.

I’m aware of Binner’s and my own physical prowess 😉

ransos
    Free Member

It is relevant – a car couldn’t get on the course and a normal bike would have the rider too out of breath to get lairy.

I’ve long thought that cars can turn otherwise pleasant people into knobbers.

DezB
    Free Member

cars can turn otherwise pleasant people into knobbers.

Or knobbers into worse knobbers. 😀

angeldust
    Free Member

It is relevant – a car couldn’t get on the course and a normal bike would have the rider too out of breath to get lairy.

Or more likely to stop and get lairy because he needed a break from climbing 🙂

I’ve long thought that cars can turn otherwise pleasant people into knobbers.

It certainly can, but not everyone that drives a car turns into one

colp

I hate watching people get lairy

It’s not very pleasant I tell thee

trail_rat
    Free Member

“more likely to stop and get lairy because he needed a break from climbing ”

Perhaps like colp and geex the ebike was simply making his point that ebikes should be allowed to go faster to anyone that isn’t listening to them

colp

Sounds like you were listening

angeldust
    Free Member

Did someone say something?

dukeduvet

The article also mentions a van driving on the course after roads were shut so its not just the halfwit on his bike.

To be fait the reporter made minor light of these two incidents and surely most people saw this for what it was – selfish individuals rather than a whole community (mtb) being irresponsible.

I can understand binners seeing this and his blood boiling though.

DezB
    Free Member

The article also mentions a van driving on the course 

Ooh yeah! Van drivers!

ransos
    Free Member

It certainly can, but not everyone that drives a car turns into one

Which is why I said “can” instead of “does”.

Mister-P
    Free Member

I hate watching people get lairy

It’s not very pleasant I tell thee

Walking through town is quite scary

patriotpro
    Free Member

typical of e-bike owners is what you are suggesting then…

angeldust
    Free Member

and not very sensible either

angeldust
    Free Member

Which is why I said “can” instead of “does”.

Yes, very good.  Twerd :-).

Viewing 34 posts - 81 through 114 (of 114 total)

The topic ‘More total e-bike bell-endery’ is closed to new replies.