Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 114 total)
  • More total e-bike bell-endery
  • binners

I know that theres not much love for them on here. Myself I was fairly ambiguous about them. Some good bits, some bad. After what I witnessed on Sunday though I’d say that it does seem to be attracting a certain breed of total cockwomble. It was the Rake Hillclimb on Sunday. Always a great event. The road is closed to give the masochists a clear run

Then this nob jockey rocks up on his e-bike in full stormtrooper kit including full face helmet (Its Ramsbottom FFS, not Morzine!). He rides straight out onto the course. The stewards tell him to get off the course. He tells them to **** off! All the spectators are shouting at him to get off the course, so he just rides up it, delivering volleys of abuse to anyone who dares to question his right to do what th **** he likes. Including stoping to jab his finger in peoples faces while delivering deluges of sweariness

All captured by the photographer from the local paper, who include it in their report about a ‘mountain biker’ having a violent altercation with spectators, accompanied by a picture of him blocking the course to riders while getting right up in some poor womans face

What a total ****!!! And they’re just classed as ‘mountain bikers’ getting us all a great name> Depressingly, I imagine we’re going to be seeing quite a bit more of this type of thing

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2bPJfed]Nobheads on e-bikes[/url] by bin lid, on Flickr

wwaswas

Someone on here will know who that is. I do hope they name and shame.

Or do Strava fly by of the road that day?

ads678

Ooh this could be a classic if it’s some one on here!!

Wasn’t me btw, I was near Burton this weekend and can prove it.

hols2
    Free Member

Myself I was fairly ambiguous

I think you mean ambidextrous.

trail_rat
    Free Member

angry man in downhill gear.

it could be any one of the frothing defenders on any of the E bike threads campaigning for unrestricted speed access.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

The atmosphere was electric

*chuckles*

wwaswas

frothing defenders

They’re mostly on the “My Land Rover’s fuel tank was filled with washing up liquid” threads.

lowey

What an absolute tool!

Someone must know who he is.. loads of Valley riders on here.

I remember something a bit similar back in 1996. They ran an eliminator race from Rivi Pike down the Ice Cream Run. really well attended by Steve Peat, Will Longden etc. Some utter entitled tool walking his dog insisted upon his right to walk right up the centre of the course, despite the appropriate closures being in place. He was heckled all the way, but belligerently carried on with riders hurtling down towards him.

Some people….

angeldust
    Free Member

Good photo.  Doubt many of the people realised it was an emtb, just a mountain bikes.  Not really sure why it being an ebike has any relevance here?  Seems just as likely that he could have riding a (non ebike) Canyon (for example), and he would be a ‘typical canyon rider’ to someone on here, but would still but be a mountain biker to the spectators.  But yeah, total nob end.

zippykona

Anyone got a better picture we can share?

wwaswas

Not really sure why it being an ebike has any relevance here

non e-bikers in a full face helmets always walk up hill 🙂

MrSparkle

Hmm, I was the Rake on Sunday and saw the eTool. I was also at the Rivi downhill in ‘96. Also at Brownbacks race at Lee Quarry when a group of horse-ists insisted on riding across the course mid race. It’s all my fault, isn’t it?

brakes
    Free Member

Not trying to be contrary, but genuinely interested why you think this could become more common.
    Sounds like an isolated incident.

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

And they’re just classed as ‘mountain bikers’ getting us all a great name> Depressing

Owning an e bike is very unlikely to have made him a dick.

He is very likely to have been a dick for a long time.

He’s fairly likely to have been a mtber for more time than an e (mtb) biker.

There are people like this in every walk of life, this one is clearly a mtber as well as a weapons grade knob.

So really, unless your suggesting the paper should report “dick is a dick at event for unspecified people engaging in generic hobby” I don’t think it’s much to get surprised or upset about.

DezB
    Free Member

It’s not relevant, angeldust – he was a mountain biker – exactly like you 😉

I think.. e-bikers obviously aren’t all knobs, but he type of person who is likely to be a knob is more likely to be riding one. Bit like the knob who rode straight at my son at an enduro event recently. I mean, it could’ve been any rider at that event, but it wasn’t, it was a knob on an e-bike.

zippykona

Can we social profile him?

I bet he spends a lot of time naked talking to strangers in changing rooms.

thegeneralist
    Free Member

I think you mean ambidextrous.

Don’t be stoopid hols. He means omnivalent.

HTH

jaylittle
    Free Member

Not all E-bikers are knobs, my mate rides an ebike and…. Oh actually he’s a knob!

binners

Its just an observation, but having seen more of them about recently, that in the needlessly aggressive cockwomble stakes they seem to have more in common with the MXers you see howling round the moors, rather than the mountain bikers

IHN

Don’t be stoopid hols. He means omnivalent.

As it Binners we’re talking about, I think you mean omnivorous

belugabob
    Free Member

I think you mean ambidextrous

Ambiguous/ambidextrous/androgenous/antidiluvian etc..

Who cares?

Most people are ambivalent, TBH…

Bez

I imagine we’re going to be seeing quite a bit more of this sort of thing

binners

I think you mean Omnipotent

IHN

EDIT: **doesn’t really work**

tomhoward

I think you mean Impotent

Thats why he wears a suit

crazy-legs

I remember something a bit similar back in 1996. They ran an eliminator race from Rivi Pike down the Ice Cream Run. really well attended by Steve Peat, Will Longden etc. Some utter entitled tool walking his dog insisted upon his right to walk right up the centre of the course, despite the appropriate closures being in place. He was heckled all the way, but belligerently carried on with riders hurtling down towards him.

CX races (often run in local parks etc) often suffer with this as the local park is exactly where all the dog walkers go. Many of them are also thoroughly entitled selfish pricks who insist that they always walk on THIS path and they will do so again, even though there are marshals telling them not to, riders yelling at them…

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

And I bet he had the bloody cheek to ask for a cup of water at the top 🙄

Looks like an mtb to me

nealglover
    Free Member

I ride an ebike (but only on the road)

I am also a bit of a knob.

Hope it wasn’t me 😳

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

As it Binners we’re talking about, I think you mean omnivorous

It’s nomnivorous, from the grego-roman root.

angeldust
    Free Member

I think.. e-bikers obviously aren’t all knobs, but he type of person who is likely to be a knob is more likely to be riding one. Bit like the knob who rode straight at my son at an enduro event recently. I mean, it could’ve been any rider at that event, but it wasn’t, it was a knob on an e-bike.

Sounds like BS Dez.  So, are MXers more likely to be nobs too?  If the chap who rode at your son was on a non ebike Canyon, would you have formed similar negative connotations for those riders?  What about if the rider was a northener, or Pakistani? Would that isolated incident mean you think they all behave the same?  Of course you wouldn’t, but it’s still stupidly small minded.😘

PS. I don’t have an ebike.

PPS.  I know, I know, STW rules mean pick a side, and be a dick about it 😉

wwaswas

the local park is exactly where all the dog walkers go. Many of them are also thoroughly entitled selfish pricks

and we’re expecting dog walkers to distinguish between an e-mtb and an mtb and believe that somehow that makes a difference to how a rider might behave?

ransos
    Free Member

Owning an e bike is very unlikely to have made him a dick.

True, but without the e-bike, he wouldn’t be bringing his dickishness to the Rake hillclimb.

angeldust
    Free Member

Will also mean he goes past quicker though, so less exposure to his dickishness.  Unless he stops.  Which he did in this case. 😗

thepurist

Ah thought this was going to be about the £9K bike stole from Cesc Fabregas (footballerist).  9K worth of purest gop – who would want to be seen near this, let alone nick it?

https://www.greyp.com/static/2018/03/24/images/carbon_product.png

wwaswas

If we knew what time they did the climb you can select all athletes and then just work out who was on the course then.

angeldust
    Free Member

Bet Cesc was glad to see the back of that monstrosity

geex
    Free Member

Dan Evans looked pretty angry while on his bike too.

disclaimer. I wasn’t there (or was I?) so have no idea if anyone was upset by Dan’s anger.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

what bike was it binners?

flyingmonkeycorps

Someone called Robert took a bit of an interesting route. Not suggesting it was him, obviously.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 114 total)

The topic ‘More total e-bike bell-endery’ is closed to new replies.