Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 114 total)
  • More total e-bike bell-endery
  • DezB
    Free Member

Sounds like BS Dez

Which bit? The knob riding at my son? Yeah I invented that just to agree with binners. </div>

martinhutch

Someone called Robert took a bit of an interesting route. Not suggesting it was him, obviously.

Though I’m totally outraged that someone can upload a lunchtime stroll and get four kudos for it!

I’m sure that our ebiking friend respects the integrity of the Stravaa too much to be uploading his ride. 🙂

angeldust
    Free Member

Which bit? The knob riding at my son? Yeah I invented that just to agree with binners.

😁 No, the bit regarding the correlation between an isolated incident and a group of people all behaving the same way.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Well I think we can rule out Corrine, Marianne and Jessica. Although the E-knobber was wearing a full face… makes you think….

angeldust
    Free Member

I don’t know, Jessica always looks a bit butch with her full face on.

dissonance

The net is tightening

Surely if they were on strava whatever they would err on the side of caution and make it private/delete it.

Someone called Robert

Given the time they were just spectating. Unless they walked for a while before going and getting the bike. Or rode it first and then binned the gear to come back and laugh at the complaints.

I would go with the not to blame though.

Bez

The worst thing here is the use of “kudos” as a countable noun.

mrlebowski
    Free Member

Rider was a dick long before he got on an e-bike, then he became a dick on e-bike!

trail_rat
    Free Member

“I’m sure that our ebiking friend respects the integrity of the Stravaa too much to be uploading his ride. ”

well one would hope he would at least have the common decency to select the Ebike ride option (and it is there )

convert

Whilst obviously not every person who does a given activity will be knob, certain activities do seem to attract them. I give you Jetskiing.

Sounds like an issue with a certain type of cyclist who seems to think road closures don’t count for them. The Emtb bit only becomes relevant because only a cyclist on one of them would consider riding up that hill voluntarily or be capable of speaking enough to be a knob if they did!

somafunk

Nah….can’t be arsed…………

martinhutch

The worst thing here is the use of “kudos” as a countable noun.

Have a like for that!

angeldust
    Free Member

Surely if they were on strava whatever they would err on the side of caution and make it private/delete it.

Probably wasn’t expecting to behave like a dick when he set the account up

Bez

Have a like for that!

You missed the obvious opportunity to offer me a kudo.

matt_outandabout

kudo

kudidn’t?

wwaswas

Isn’t it one of the Culture novels where Kudos is actually a currency?

colp

If the assistance limit was just a bit higher he’d have been up the hill and out of everyone’s way much sooner.

25kph is crazy.

terrahawk
    Free Member

I was kind of tolerant of all the bell-endery being discussed on this thread until some bellend typed ‘footballerist”. Then I lost it completely.

chakaping
    Free Member

If the assistance limit was just a bit higher he’d have been up the hill and out of everyone’s way much sooner.

25kph is crazy.

Generally I’d agree, but It’s plenty fast enough to ride up The Rake.

zilog6128

Isn’t it one of the Culture novels where Kudos is actually a currency?

dunno, but it was term used for “style points” on the old Dreamcast racer MSR (and the Project Gotham followup on Xbox)

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

The Emtb bit only becomes relevant because only a cyclist on one of them would consider riding up that hill voluntarily or be capable of speaking enough to be a knob if they did!

My own experience of riding up that hill (and also pushing a single speed) tells me that any rider on a non e bike is liable to tell you to go fornicate if you said anything they might be expected to reply too. Actually I’m pretty sure I’d react like the person in question if somewhere near the top someone told me* the road was closed and i needed to find another route, i may even have come close to vomiting at them.

*this presumes i could hear anything other than my own blood hammering in my ears and head almost exploding.

ransos
    Free Member

25kph is crazy.

Remove the speed limit and you’ll have them tearing down shared bike paths at 20mph+. Not a good idea IMO.

colp

Well, I’m totally taking my Trek Powerfly next year, see if I can average 25kph up there.

I’ll ask Binners to capture the moment in some bespoke print work.

wwaswas

Found it. Now we know.

The Dwellers, an advanced and ancient civilisation of non-humanoids who inhabit gas giants, lead an almost anarchic existence based on kudos

matt_outandabout

I’ll ask Binners to capture the moment in some bespoke print work.

Don’t. You only encourage the fool. 😉

chakaping
    Free Member

Well, I’m totally taking my Trek Powerfly next year, see if I can average 25kph up there.

Never ridden an ebike myself, is it hard to hit 25kph on the hills?

The Rake is steep obvs, but traction’s not an issue.

l0key
    Free Member

To the people getting offended at suggestions that people’s interactions with ebike riders have left them thinking they’re knobs, what’s your view on bmw/audi drivers?

colp

Never ridden an ebike myself, is it hard to hit 25kph on the hills?

The Rake is steep obvs, but traction’s not an issue.

If it’s steep then yeah, you have to put some proper effort in to keep the speed up.

Luckily us ebikers will have had a full English at the bottom and the extra weight of our massive guts helps with traction.

wwaswas

what’s your view on bmw/audi drivers?

*sigh*

I am a bmw driver. And so is my wife.

I tend to work on the basis that saying ‘you lot’ about any group (bar ‘kippers and the EDL) tends to lead to assumptions about a group ethos that doesn’t exist and isn’t reflected int he attitudes or behaviours of all, or even a majority, of members of that group.

I will use sweeping generalisations as humour though (see above).

PMK2060

Never mind the angry ebike dude. I am more annoyed at the roadie (in the photo next to him) not wearing an helmet.

chakaping
    Free Member

Luckily us ebikers will have had a full English at the bottom and the extra weight of our massive guts helps with traction.

Can’t you just pop it in a water bottle to enjoy during the ride?

mccraque

what’s your view on bmw/audi drivers?

Owning one has gained me acceptance at the Walking Bottom Carpark, Peaslake.

sirromj

Should have done it naked for the titillating.

geex
    Free Member

TWENTY ACTUAL MILES PER HOUR!!!???!!111

ON A $HARED PATH!!??!??!!11

tomhoward

not wearing an helmet.

Hill climbers tend not to, that I’ve seen? I would have thought they would be mandated in races and events, if only for insurance purposes?

geex
    Free Member

WTF for? ^^

They’re basically runners

binners

None of them wear helmets.

Have you ridden up the Rake? You’re unlikely to get up enough speed to do yourself much damage. Walking is generally quicker.

Having said,  that you could bang your head when blacking out and keeling over at the top, or an over enthusiastic head movement while violently throwing up over the wall.

We need to give nuff respect to DazH of this parish, who not only did it on Sunday in a very impressive 3 mins 50, but also got me to get him a pint in for when he crossed the line

matt_outandabout

insurance purposes

You do know it’s not the insurers that always make up daft rules? Sometimes they and ‘health and safety’ get blamed for decisions individuals make, as a way of deflecting attention and criticism?

colp

TWENTY ACTUAL MILES PER HOUR!!!???!!111

ON A $HARED PATH!!??!??!!11

I know! Where will this madness end?

tomhoward

ah, sorry, watched a BR vid of hill climbs, they looked to be going a fair lick, one guy was complaining of being held up by a bus…

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 114 total)

The topic ‘More total e-bike bell-endery’ is closed to new replies.